Photo
- - - - -

Tell The Truth

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

Poll: Gut Feeling (211 member(s) have cast votes)

What did you think was going to happen on Atlanta's final possession?

1. Voted We stop them and win the game (83 votes [39.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 39.52%

2. Voted We go all Carolina Panthers on their ass and give up an unbelievable, time-defying drive for a GW score (127 votes [60.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.48%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:10 PM

We let Atlanta dictate our defense on that long pass to White. We have a defensive head coach and you mean to tell me you don't know the situation? The Falcons are on their 1 yard line with no TO's. I don't care what formation they come out in, you have to have more defensive backs on the field, but yet, we come out in our base defense.

I mean, do you really think the falcons are going to run the ball with zero TO's.

#62 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,314 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:13 PM

We let Atlanta dictate our defense on that long pass to White. We have a defensive head coach and you mean to tell me you don't know the situation? The Falcons are on their 1 yard line with no TO's. I don't care what formation they come out in, you have to have more defensive backs on the field, but yet, we come out in our base defense.

I mean, do you really think the falcons are going to run the ball with zero TO's.

I can agree with this completely. If there's anything to be upset at the coaches about, it's not having at least six defensive backs on the field on that first down.

#63 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,305 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:13 PM

That's what my issue has been with Rivera and it continues to come up every week.

For all of the talk of "attacking" on both sides of the ball, all we do is react on defense, and to some degree on offense... But for defense to be the issue when we have a former player and standout defensive coordinator at the helm is inexcusable.

#64 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:15 PM

Right and that also was a game that saw us converting on fourth and less then one inside the 10, so who's to say the same wouldn't have happened today. I've already said if I was the coach I would have gone for it, but I can also fully understand why they chose to punt. It can definitely be argued punting was the right move, while going for it was the ballsy move. I'm just not going to crucify the coaching staff for making a call that the majority of NFL staffs would have made....

I blame the coaches, because that wasn't the only questionable call. The conservative play before halftime, and the defense we were in on the long pass at the end, may be the most questionable call all game.

ATL bluffed the poo out of us, by coming out in their base offensive package, which made us come out in our base defensive package.

Rivera as a defensive coach got to know the situation right there.

#65 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,043 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:21 PM

OT losses in 03, 04, 06 or 07 (to Joey Harrington!), gave them both games last year... Atl just has Carolina's number in situations like this. I had major hope when they pinned them on the 1, but sadily I am not shocked that this happened again. That said, this too shall pass and tomorrow I'll be looking forward to the Seattle game.

#66 LA_Panther

LA_Panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:21 PM

i knew it was over when we lined up to punt

#67 Vampire the buffet slayer

Vampire the buffet slayer

Fat Alice's Dietitian

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,354 posts
  • Locationunder an aluminum hat

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:24 PM

When you saw we were punting, what did you think was going to happen?

I thought either way..... Proudiddy was gonna fuggin cry about it.

#68 Vampire the buffet slayer

Fat Alice's Dietitian

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:25 PM

yep.

#69 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,305 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:29 PM

LOL, you were thinking about me? I just threw up in my mouth.

#70 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:34 PM

I knew as soon as we didn't go for it that it was over... Which is why in my mind Rivera is the reason we lost.

#71 davos

davos

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 10,053 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:40 PM

I can agree with this completely. If there's anything to be upset at the coaches about, it's not having at least six defensive backs on the field on that first down.

I hear ya

We had 4 downed linemen and 3 LBs...it made no sense but I guess we were going for the safety not the "Don't let Roddy f*cking White catch it" call

Sure, let our rookie and Nakamura take care of him just drop back guys you'll be fine

#72 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,314 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:42 PM

I hear ya

We had 4 downed linemen and 3 LBs...it made no sense but I guess we were going for the safety not the "Don't let Roddy f*cking White catch it" call

Sure, let our rookie and Nakamura take care of him just drop back guys you'll be fine

It's like T23 said, ATL came out in base formation and unfortunately they bluffed the hell out of McDermott....how don't really know, but they did.....

#73 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,817 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:49 PM

this team has never ceased to find new and creative ways to lose so....

#74 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 13,957 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:52 PM

We stopped Breesus and the Taints, though we could do it again. It would be nice, however, to have a big enough lead with 1min left not to have to worry about it.

#75 Vampire the buffet slayer

Fat Alice's Dietitian

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:52 PM

LOL, you were thinking about me? I just threw up in my mouth.

Dont garggle cum over me sweet pea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com