Photo
- - - - -

Late in the game, with the lead, needing a 1st down to ice the game

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#25 BadMoonRising

BadMoonRising

NOT NEWB

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:15 PM

You may be the most awesome non-Panthers fan to ever grace this board with your presence.

Great post, perspective, and objectivity. Looking forward to more of your posts...

That being said, in regards to SMF's original post... I made the same complaint last year when we started giving games up in the second half. Chud definitely completely hunkers down and goes conservative with the lead in the second half.

When Deangelo lined up in the Wildcat, I was thinking, "Chud, you better not do it." He did. If we all know he's going to run it, so does ATL, and they attacked the play immediately and blew it up before he could reach the corner.

There was no creativity on our part, and no need for second-guessing on theirs. Just poor play calling. You've got to walk that line between keeping an offensive rhythm with manageable downs to keep the clock running and taking the kill shot.

At the least, if you drop Cam back in a spread formation or empty backfield, you give him the option to read the field and if nothing is there, he can scramble. To come out in run formation after run formation, it was a matter of wills because they knew what was coming... They won out.

I loved that screen for a touchdown in the 4th quarter, I thought that was an awsome call. you guys knew we were bringing the hosue and made us pay.

#26 footballisasport

footballisasport

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:18 PM

It was good playcalling all night just not EXECUTED correctly at the very end.

If Cam doesn't fumble we get the 1st down along with the W. Then everyone cheers aobut how great everything went... Unfortunately thats not what happened.

Instead of repeating the spin to continue protecting this pathetic team, why don't you go back and look at what actually happened. Cam DIDN'T CARELESSLY FUMBLED THE BALL AS YOU ARE SHOUTING. Your O-line tripped him up...If your O-line did their job and blocked for Cam instead of falling like a cluts, like they always seem to be doing, then Cam wouldn't have tripped over them and fallen on top of their ass sideways which then cause the ball to pop lose. Your damn O-line can't protect QB nor can they make simple plays to help him hold on to a damn win.

I'm sure those in the media are laughing their asses off at this team...Shaking their heads and glad that Luck isn't part of it. While they sit with a straight face in front of the camera continuely blaming the laziness of this team on Cam because they want to see him fail.

Yeah, all you folks seem to care about it your drama queen receiver racking up yardages so he can get into the HOF and you team winning despite their own efforts.

#27 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

HUDDLER

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:20 PM

The option read has its place only due to Cams athleticism, but we've overused it so far. I was glad to see more conventional runs today. Otherwise BMR pretty much nailed it.

#28 BadMoonRising

BadMoonRising

NOT NEWB

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:26 PM

Instead of repeating the spin to continue protecting this pathetic team, why don't you go back and look at what actually happened. Cam DIDN'T CARELESSLY FUMBLED THE BALL AS YOU ARE SHOUTING. Your O-line tripped him up...If your O-line did their job and blocked for Cam instead of falling like a cluts, like they always seem to be doing, then Cam wouldn't have tripped over them and fallen on top of their ass sideways which then cause the ball to pop lose. Your damn O-line can't protect QB nor can they make simple plays to help him hold on to a damn win.

I'm sure those in the media are laughing their asses off at this team...Shaking their heads and glad that Luck isn't part of it. While they sit with a straight face in front of the camera continuely blaming the laziness of this team on Cam because they want to see him fail.

Yeah, all you folks seem to care about it your drama queen receiver racking up yardages so he can get into the HOF and you team winning despite their own efforts.

you do know that every QB in the league takes hits, and if a QB is running the ball he will take hits, the OL didn't force Cam to fumble, he could of held on it better and got the first down.

Cam shouldn't be crucfied everyone has bad plays, but throwing an OL under the boss that have allowed cam to have the NFL highest yards per completion and that mostly kept him untouched when throwing down field, you sure your a Panther fan and not a Cam fan?

Cam fumbled when he got hit by defender, that happens when you run the ball, you have to hold on to it and they blocked well enough to get him past the first down.

Heck they blocked well enough to win the game.

#29 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

HUDDLER

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:28 PM

We would have converted if Cam had held on to the ball. So not sure you can blame the play call.

Would have converted before that had we thrown it once

#30 bigdog10

bigdog10

HUDDLER

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:35 PM

So, I am glad my team prevailed.

I told everyone the Panthers had the talent to make this a game and they didn't disappoint. The team played very well. I really think I saw one dropped passed by the Panther receivers and they had good separation all day. The offensive line gave cam lots of time in the pocket and played really well thanks to them.

The defense played really well maintaining pressure on Ryan all day, I think I mentioned Clabo was struggling and Johnson had a career game against him. People complaining on Nakamura should keep in mind Safeties shouldn't be singled out one on one with wide receivers especially not one as talented as Roddy white. Olson was really good, gave us fits more than the numbers indicate.

Worst coaching part of the game by the Panthers in my opinion was the lack of urgency at end of the 1st half. Those who did not like the punt in the 4th quarter on the 4 and 1, I disagree and any NFL coach will make that call every time when you sacked the opposing QB 5 times.

Those claiming that it was not team loss need to question if their Panther fans or team fans, anyone remember the non catch that Cam didn't hike the ball quick enough? The fumble in the last few moments of the game. Cam had a game but he contributed to the loss as well as the close win its a team game.

You win as a team you lose as a team. Carolina is a better football team than its fans or the Media believes and the Panthers made me a believer.

Btw not a big fan of that option read runs, be good to see you all in a power I or broken I running down peoples throat with your talent on O.

Look forward to next match up, good luck on your guys health.

Very classy post. Congrats on the win and we'll see you guys in a couple weeks.

#31 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

HUDDLER

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:07 PM

the cam blame baffles me yes he fumbled but man not one pass out of 6 plays not one when cam made the best decisions I've seen him make this year. when receivers were covered he ran, and a couple of time picked up the first besides the deangelo throw every throw was pretty much on point.......but you starting saftey gets torched numerous times in the game(5 total i believe) and for some reason after the 60 yard catch you allow atl to get two sideline throws when in fact one tackle in bounds could have possibly ended the game.......i blame the cocaching staff whoever decided to start nakumura, whoever decided to play that soft ass zone allowing the sideline catches and whoever decide to not to pass 1 single time our last two drives.......yes cam fumbled but man that's like one of the least reasons we lost

#32 davos

davos

€∞€∞€∞€

HUDDLER

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:09 PM

what's this power-i people speak of?

#33 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

HUDDLER

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:38 PM

We were one yard from winning the game. Twice.