Tony G shocked we didn't go for it

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,656 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:45 PM

I respect his opinion, one of the GOAT.....seen a lot of football. With Cam Newton, he would have gone for that yard. No different than a goaline drive......and unless you get cute who has stopped Cam looking for a yard.

#2 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,290 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:46 PM

Just another in the long list of people with the same thought.

Maybe because he knows his team(4-0) would have went for it in the same situation.

#3 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,982 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:48 PM

His team did it with Matt Ryan at QB.

They aren't afraid to win.

#4 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,997 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:48 PM

why do we care what this guy thinks?

Posted Image

#5 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,828 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:54 PM

Seriously... we are running the read option as a base running play. Why not go for it on fourth and one with one yard to win the game?

#6 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,195 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:00 PM

Posted Image

Because he's saying what many are thinking. Your team seems to be finding ways to lose by not taking chances.

No cannot win games playing it safe..And your QB fumble after triping over his O-line guy is no excuse because you got the ball back and that is all that mattered.

#7 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,828 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:01 PM

yep

#8 IGSaint

IGSaint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:03 PM

Posted Image

He's right, people can blame cam for the fumble all they want but at the end of the day we recovered the ball and still had chance to convert for the first down.

One of the dumbest decisions I could think of was not going for the 1st down.

If we were down by a touchdown I could understand not going for it but they only needed to get in field goal range with over a minute left. WTF WTF WTF

#9 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,450 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:08 PM

as any NFL expert would tell you, we made the right decision. There's a good chance we would have made it, but there's a very good chance they would have surged through the line and stopped us. Which seems to happen most of the time. If they got it that close to the field goal range they would have easily won. We did the right thing with them having no timeouts, very little time and the way our defense had played. Rivera showed confidence in his defense there. We got a perfect punt. I don't know why we were in a 4-3 defense instead of a prevent defense. We should have had a lot of guys back deep and that would have never happened.

#10 Toolbox

Toolbox

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,385 posts
  • Locationnc

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:11 PM

as any NFL expert would tell you, we made the right decision. There's a good chance we would have made it, but there's a very good chance they would have surged through the line and stopped us. Which seems to happen most of the time. If they got it that close to the field goal range they would have easily won. We did the right thing with them having no timeouts, very little time and the way our defense had played. Rivera showed confidence in his defense there. We got a perfect punt. I don't know why we were in a 4-3 defense instead of a prevent defense. We should have had a lot of guys back deep and that would have never happened.

Coaching failed.. period.

#11 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,828 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:13 PM

141 left didnt want to get chipped away. The NFL experts are flat wrong. Especially when Cam Newton is in the backfield.

#12 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,450 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:52 PM

141 left didnt want to get chipped away. The NFL experts are flat wrong. Especially when Cam Newton is in the backfield.

okay so I guess you are the NFL expert. Not the people that have been in the league for decades. You would be saying we should have punted if we went for it and missed it. Because that is how most fans are. If we fail trying something then we should have done the other thing. Because they always want to be right and the coaches are just stupid and have no business being in the NFL and know nothing about football. Teams should just hire fans to be coaches since fans know so fuging much.

#13 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 3,026 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:03 AM

okay so I guess you are the NFL expert. Not the people that have been in the league for decades. You would be saying we should have punted if we went for it and missed it. Because that is how most fans are. If we fail trying something then we should have done the other thing. Because they always want to be right and the coaches are just stupid and have no business being in the NFL and know nothing about football. Teams should just hire fans to be coaches since fans know so fuging much.

I disagree sir. You have to know your team. This secondary got embarassed by the giants 4th string wr last week. Nakamura WAS getting beat the whole game. And still your going to trust his coverage skills to seal the win versus the best 1-2 wr group in the league? My favorite qoute is the definition of insanity is doing the the same thing over and over and expecting diffrent results.

Know your team, i go for it on 4th and short with cam.

#14 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:04 AM

either choices would have been good........the fact that atl had to drive 70 yards to get in fg range with 59 left is a great scenario for a good or bad defense idc what you say we are not that bad of a d where we know a team is passing but can't stop it......you take nakumura out and we win that game point blank.

#15 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 3,026 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:11 AM

The drive before the big bomb julio beat us deep for what should have been a catch but he steped out of bounds. If you see this getting beat thing happening repeatedly why would you think it wouldnt happen again with no changes in personel? I go for it on fourth and 1 and put control of the outcome in my own hands.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com