43 replies to this topic

#31 Sword

Sword

Ninja Pirate

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:52 AM

the fact that we couldn't defend 2 recievers on a 60 yard hail mary type play(with freaking play action involved with zero time outs) with the entirety of our secondary suppose to be defending them is all that needs to be said about the game. If I was a sane coach I wouldn't trust my D to hold up at the end of the game again until they show up during the whole game beforehand. Truly that was the most fail play ever by our defense.

#32 Zithers

Zithers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:53 AM

yeah it sounds that way when you read it. oh well. my dad was watching from a distance and started screaming poo at him. probably would have attempted to fight him had we not paid a poo ton of money for 2nd row seats to the biggest sporting event of the year.

#33 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 3,113 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:57 AM

yeah it sounds that way when you read it. oh well. my dad was watching from a distance and started screaming poo at him. probably would have attempted to fight him had we not paid a poo ton of money for 2nd row seats to the biggest sporting event of the year.

I agree that it was awful.Tony is a turd for doing that to kid but the way u detailed the story made it kind of funny. That and the fact tony looks like a di$k that would do something like that.

#34 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,346 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:39 AM

Punting was the right call and we downed it on the one-yard line.

#35 IGSaint

IGSaint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:47 AM

Punting was the right call and we downed it on the one-yard line.

How was punting the right call when we lost? At least it the coaching staff on notice that you can't trust this defense to close out a game.

#36 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,346 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:01 AM

How was punting the right call when we lost? At least it the coaching staff on notice that you can't trust this defense to close out a game.

You should be able to stop a team from getting into FG range from their own 1 yard line.

Let's say we go for it and don't get it... you've just given the game away.

Trust me, punting was the right call.

#37 toldozer

toldozer

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:16 AM

You should also be able to close out a game by getting a yard . You people that accept the punt don't get get it. The mentality every game should be this is OUR game and youre just here watching. We are going to win and there isnt a damn thing you can do about it. We played that way for about 58 minutes. Then we backed off and pretty much said. "oh please mr. ryan we would like this win, you know, if thats ok with you". fug that mentality, and fug that coaching. You go for it on fourth down and fail, so what. Then you know you did everything in your power to win and still lost. I can accept that.

#38 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,589 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:44 AM

There are no words to describe how we gave this one away - but it's hard to argue with either side that preferred the punt to trust the defense, or the fourth down run to trust the offense. We were let down by our defense; we could have just as easily botched the fourth down play and been let down by our offense. I do agree that if you had to pick that poison, you take the option that puts the Falcons further away from FG range, and that was the punt, which worked out better than anticipated. Total defensive scheme and personnel failure.

#39 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:59 AM

80 million on three backs and a QB who is 6'6" 250lbs should make you want to go for it. If we could not surge for a yard to get our dominant backfield the first than we deserve to lose. You know what, we did lose. I am saying they should have went for it just because I have zero confidence in our D. Anything we get from them is a positive.

#40 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,735 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:08 AM

As I said in another thread; I feel like either decision would have been correct. There was no right answer. Which ever one we chose we should have been able to execute.

If you can't get 3/4's of a yard, with a QB that's the size of a defensive end, with the game on the line, then you deserve to lose. Conversely if you can't stop a team with no timeouts from driving 75 goddamn yards with less than a minute to play, you don't deserve to win.

#41 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,230 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:14 AM

Everything is questioned when you lose. Still we have gone for it earlier this year and failed. I would have punted too but just made a few adjustments to prevent the big play. Ryan threw up a Hail Mary and it worked out for them. Could have totally been different.

#42 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,735 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:15 AM

Everything is questioned when you lose. Still we have gone for it earlier this year and failed. I would have punted too but just made a few adjustments to prevent the big play. Ryan threw up a Hail Mary and it worked out for them. Could have totally been different.

Yeah, when we went for it earlier this year we decided to do a retarded speed option to the weak side. Idiots.

#43 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,230 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:21 AM

Yeah, when we went for it earlier this year we decided to do a retarded speed option to the weak side. Idiots.

As I have said it could have gone that way. Maybe Rivera will learn from his mistakes but the ship is sailing for this team and I really hope he demands respect because he is going to need to keep the troops together after this loss.

#44 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

tengo baking soda

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,284 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:29 AM

I'm shocked Tony G still has hair on his head.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com