Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beason needs to sit out the rest of this season

47 posts in this topic

Posted

Unfortunately, teams will start to attack Beason. They know he's a liability.

Posted

At this point I'd like to see Luke in the middle. I think we may see it after the bye week if Beason has trouble slowing down Marshawn Lynch and the Seahawks.

We need to utilize Luke to the best of his abilities and he is a natural born MLB. Why we take him off the field on passing downs when it is one of his strengths? I have no idea the rationale behind this move. We constantly heard in OTAs and Training Camp how he was always around receivers..defending passes and picking off QBs like it was second nature to him.

All off-season we heard about how this team was going to be opportunistic and pride itself on causing turnovers and then we proceed to take our best coverage LBer off the field on obvious passing downs.

Posted

I cannot for the life of me figure out why we insist on pulling Kuechly out for pass downs. His pass defense ability is very good, but no, he has to watch on the sidelines.

Sure he might make a few mistakes, but so are Beason and Norman (a 5th rounder who plays every down). Yet the 9th pick spends most of the game on the sideline. It is mind-boggling.

Put Luke in the middle and Beason can play in rotation with Davis and Anderson.

I agree

Posted

By the time Beason works himself back to normal, it might already be too late

Posted

I wish I knew how to make gifs, I would just use the game yesterday and capture those ATL plays where Turner took about nine panthers for a 12-yard ride. Our tackling is still atrocious, supposedly after 10 days of focus on fundamentals. Beason was a big culprit yesterday, but damn, that team tackling was an embarrassment.

1 person likes this

Posted

for the life of me I can't figure out how an achilles injury could destory your ability to tackle.

1 person likes this

Posted

it hurts watching him out there at the moment.. but the beast will wake up, maybe not this season, but he will be back

Posted

Before the season I was pretty adamant about leaving Beason in the middle, but it's obvious he hasn't completely recovered yet. I agree with the "move Kuechly to the middle and let Beason and TD rotate at Will" sentiment. Kuechly doesn't need to make the defensive calls, any of the other 3 can do that I'm sure. But we need to stop this bleeding in the middle of the field and in my opinion the best way to do that is JA - Kuechly - Beason/TD. If nothing else, it's worth a try and if it doesn't work out go back to the way it is now.

Posted

He didnt play in 15 games last year, he didnt play in the preseason this year, and he is playing threw injuries the last 2 games. It will take time for him to shake the rust off and learn he can trust his body again. I agree that it may be a little too late this year by the time he is ready, but I feel sure he will be back to 100% eventually.

Posted

Beason is in the right place a lot but he seems not to have the power he use to. IMO keej should take over mike for now cause of that reason.

Posted

He needs to play his way back into it, but Kuechley should be in the middle... perfect excuse to do what they plan on doing eventually anyways.

1 person likes this

Posted

Linebackers in general have been disappointing.