Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:37 AM

By the time Beason works himself back to normal, it might already be too late

#17 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,039 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:10 AM

I wish I knew how to make gifs, I would just use the game yesterday and capture those ATL plays where Turner took about nine panthers for a 12-yard ride. Our tackling is still atrocious, supposedly after 10 days of focus on fundamentals. Beason was a big culprit yesterday, but damn, that team tackling was an embarrassment.

#18 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,686 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:12 AM

for the life of me I can't figure out how an achilles injury could destory your ability to tackle.

#19 Rocky

Rocky

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:24 AM

it hurts watching him out there at the moment.. but the beast will wake up, maybe not this season, but he will be back

#20 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,310 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:31 AM

Before the season I was pretty adamant about leaving Beason in the middle, but it's obvious he hasn't completely recovered yet. I agree with the "move Kuechly to the middle and let Beason and TD rotate at Will" sentiment. Kuechly doesn't need to make the defensive calls, any of the other 3 can do that I'm sure. But we need to stop this bleeding in the middle of the field and in my opinion the best way to do that is JA - Kuechly - Beason/TD. If nothing else, it's worth a try and if it doesn't work out go back to the way it is now.

#21 o803oVaDeR

o803oVaDeR

Formerly Known as Dragn0422

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:48 AM

He didnt play in 15 games last year, he didnt play in the preseason this year, and he is playing threw injuries the last 2 games. It will take time for him to shake the rust off and learn he can trust his body again. I agree that it may be a little too late this year by the time he is ready, but I feel sure he will be back to 100% eventually.

#22 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,559 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:58 AM

Beason is in the right place a lot but he seems not to have the power he use to. IMO keej should take over mike for now cause of that reason.

#23 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,043 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:59 AM

He needs to play his way back into it, but Kuechley should be in the middle... perfect excuse to do what they plan on doing eventually anyways.

#24 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,142 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:02 AM

Linebackers in general have been disappointing.

#25 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:33 AM

This is the classic panther training staff. Some players are rushed back and play way too quick behind serious injuries "Tommy John ACL tears and Achillies". Then others who have hamstring and ankle injuries are put on IR for the entire season. I want some consistency and accountability!

#26 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,400 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:36 AM

Beason is getting owned on so many plays...

Yes. Put him in a different rotation scheme and use Keuchly as much as possible.

#27 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • 6,814 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:40 AM

I can see that but is Keek ready to call the defensive plays and audibles?

Not sure it matters if he is or not. Last year, in Beason and Davis' absence, James Anderson called the plays just fine. That's what should happen again.

I'm not for Beason missing an entire season again, but I do think he needs to take a seat at the Mike. He seems to lost his fundamentals, only launching at players now instead of actually wrapping up a tackle.

#28 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,285 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:54 AM

How many more games do we have to watch him miss tackles and get burnt during coverage to realize he is a liability right now? Things are not going to get better in the next 6 days. You know he is getting frustrated and is going to push too far and then get himself injured. None of us want that.

#29 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,668 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:58 AM

I am viewing Beason as I viewed myself when I was a player, especially in college. I started the season slow. Didn't really get settled in until about week 4. By week 7 I was firing on all cylinders. I am hoping Beason does the same thing.

#30 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,635 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:09 AM

I just hope a few of those cylinders remembers to not try and tackle someone at the shoulder pads.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com