Photo
- - - - -

most thought that we were going to get killed yesterday...

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,571 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:18 AM

A WHOLE PIE!

and they should have. the falcons have been firing on all cylinders and this is after 4 years of building, what i hate to admit, a very good team. they were 3-0 heading into the game...playing at the georgia dome which is always a very tough place to play...esp. since smith and ryan have been there and it's not just the panthers they have owned coming into their house...it's just about everyone. they were 27-6 at home and if you've ever been to a game there since smith/ryan you'll know why...that place is loud and that team is for real.

meanwhile we have been struggling for a few years. i don't care about blame right now...just pointing out that we were behind the 8 ball heading into this game.

falcons are playing better than they have in many years...probably ever. we are young, building, and struggling.

we were playing the one of the most prolific offenses in the league (points-wise) and one of the most opportunistic defenses in the league.

you know what happened? we lost. it hurt. step beyond that for a moment and look at what happened in that game.

we took it right down to the wire against that team at their house. they didn't "own" us in any facet. we stayed right with them and even led them quite a bit of the game. again the loss hurt badly because we thought we actually had a chance...but the team played damned respectable football against one of the top 2-3 teams in the league right now. we took it right down to the wire in a great football game and just barely lost in the last seconds of the game in their house.

we were playing better football than we have all year and probably better than we have in the last couple years. the defense still has a lot of holes but they played with a fire and intensity that i haven't seen in a long time. they sacked ryan how many times? and how many times had he been sacked prior to that? we found our pass rush. we found intensity on both sides of the ball that has been lacking for a while. believe it or not, it was better coached as well.

we improved, but it just wasn't enough. the season isn't over, though.

in fact we just played the most difficult team on the schedule. in fact the last two games have been against the most difficult on the schedule, imo. the eagles are the only ones that come close to rivaling those last two.

if we had played that game yesterday at home, i have very little doubt that we would have won it and i think the next time we play them, we beat them.

the schedule gets easier from here out, imo. a lot of you have given up, but you shouldn't....unless you have david carr-type fragile psyches or are just afraid to have faith in the team.

i believe they found a lot of what they were looking for yesterday. i don't believe that this loss is a "loss we don't come back from" or any of that garbage. i think that this loss was similar to the lions loss from last year in that it came after a very humiliating loss but it showed a definite improvement in many facets and started a positive streak for the team.

i think the hardest days are behind us now this season. i believe we have turned the corner. i hate that it took so long, but it did. it's water under the bridge now. playoffs this year? i dunno...maybe, maybe not. i think we can still pull off a winning record. i think this team is still on the verge of being one of the best in the league.

this isn't some "moral victory" thoughts...there are none. it was a loss, but it wasn't the end of the world. it wasn't the end of the season. it wasn't even an embarrassing loss like the giants game. it was just respectable football that we were an offensive PI call, a fumble, and/or a defensive PI call away from a win in a great football game.

give up on the season if you want. bitch if you want. call me a blind homer or an ass. i don't care. i still believe that this team is close to doing great things and i'm not writing them off.

ibtdon'tstopbelievingyoutubevid

#2 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,655 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:21 AM

tl;dr version: MORAL VICTORY GUYS! MORAL VICTORY!!!!

#3 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,141 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:23 AM

tl;dr version: MORAL VICTORY GUYS! MORAL VICTORY!!!!

SMF is so irrational this morning he can't read

this isn't some "moral victory" thoughts...there are none. it was a loss, but it wasn't the end of the world. it wasn't the end of the season. it wasn't even an embarrassing loss like the giants game. it was just respectable football that we were an offensive PI call, a fumble, and/or a defensive PI call away from a win in a great football game.

#4 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,076 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:26 AM

Already posted:

http://www.carolinah...46#entry1926746

#5 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,641 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:26 AM

The fact that threads like these are still being made is Exhibit A of why we are clearly the new Rams or Browns.

False.

Unlike those teams, we are building a great NFL offense. Still a work I'm progress but that can't be denied......

That is a great start......even with poor coaching, all it takes is a handful of moves to fix this defense

#6 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 31,483 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:27 AM

Threads like these are sure a hell of a lot better than "the sky is falling" threads...

#7 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:28 AM

Yep, this was the most exciting game on yesterday. I think even the fact that we ahead with a minute to go against debatably the best team in the NFC says a lot about our team. Reminds me of the Green Bay game last year. We had our Titans game early this year in week 4, but I feel like we just put tue league on notice that we won't go down easy. I expect us to jump in some power rankings despite the loss.

#8 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• HUDDLER
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:30 AM

Every fuging year.

#9 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 2,910 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:32 AM

Even with 7 sacks, we still got lit up for 30 points. The only reason we were in this game, is because we do have offensive talent. At times they show up, in spite of this coaching staff. Yet all in all, this coaching staff is what's holding us back. The constantly subbing out of Kuechly on defense, not for Davis, but for Munnerlyn is mind boggling. Having Nakamura as our starter when he can't cover or tackle anyone. Then the ultra consersative play calling on the last two drives. You don't overcome poor coaching like this.

Edit: and I didn't even mention the continued use of college gimmick plays

#10 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,076 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:39 AM

Anyone want to make a ban bet that we will go over .500? Rayzor? Anyone?

#11 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• HUDDLER
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:44 AM

You're going to be told that the record doesn't matter. What matters is that we're improving.

It's our thing. We don't win, we just continually "improve".

#12 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • 29,571 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:45 AM

so is this where we pull out our penises to see who's bigger?

grow up.

#13 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • 29,571 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:47 AM

You're going to be told that the record doesn't matter. What matters is that we're improving.

It's our thing. We don't win, we just continually "improve".

no one is saying that but thanks for playing anyway.

#14 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,019 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

"NEXT YEAR!" - Carolina Panthers mantra

#15 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,019 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:51 AM

The whole schedule gets easier poo is hilarious too.

We got beat by another 1-3 team(who we play again)
We beat a 0-4 team
We got beat by a 2-2 team who got beat themselves by 2 teams we play later
We got beat by a 4-0 team(play them again)

So which part of this was the hard part again? ATL on the road?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.