Photo
- - - - -

most thought that we were going to get killed yesterday...

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#31 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:12 AM

I could have swore you were one of the few saying the Falcons were overrated cuz they played the AFC West..

This. Two days ago the Falcons were just a good team because they have played a crap division. We lose a close game to them and suddently they are a top 3 team.

People were also talking about how we "improved" against the Saints. Then the Giants game happened. One close game doesn't mean a thing. Until they have at least two good games in a row they are nothing more than an inconsistent team

#32 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,191 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:13 AM

The idiots that posted in the game thread that the game was over during the 1st and 2nd quarters need to find a new team.

#33 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,642 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:20 AM

I could have swore you were one of the few saying the Falcons were overrated cuz they played the AFC West..

i think to an extent they are. i never said they weren't good and truthfully after seeing them yesterday i have more respect for them, but they aren't unbeatable. in fact we were within seconds of beating them in their own house. it's kind of a mild denny green podium moment i'm having. they are who i thought they were (for the most part) and we let them off the hook.

i never said that we would win. i said that we could or at least could give them a run for their money. i wasn't wrong. we aren't as bad as people think. they aren't as good as people thought/think.

in our house we beat them. i feel good about that now.

btw, not going to bet. i don't bet on football games. it's ridiculous, imo. i only bet on things that i have some control over.

#34 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:26 AM

A loss is a loss, whether you lose by 2 or 30

#35 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,642 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:28 AM

A loss is a loss, whether you lose by 2 or 30

you won't get any argument from me.

i didn't say anything to the contrary. there are no moral victories.

#36 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,763 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:18 PM

True, but without seeing the other post, you did say the word "money" so I assumed you literally meant a monetary bet...

Seems like Mr. Chakra above is willing to throw down with you...

Yeah I replied. I'm not stupid enough to bet money with random freaks on the internet. We all know I'm not going to see a dime when I win.

Yes, give this toothless dumb fug all your information I'm sure that'll turn out well. :lol:

#37 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,763 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:22 PM

btw, not going to bet. i don't bet on football games. it's ridiculous, imo. i only bet on things that i have some control over.

It's a pretty harmless bet imo. You'd just be wagering your username, post count, and rep.

Really this was just to prove that these posts are just rep bait and that's the only thing these types of posters care about anyways.

I think I made my point.

#38 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,511 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:23 PM

Whats more annoying that sunshine threads ?

People like James, that think shitting all over people who aren't as miserable of football fans as he is cool/trendy.

It's really pathetic and the forum is growing sick of it.

#39 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,763 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:26 PM

Nothing miserable about it. I just realize that we're going in the wrong direction and should probably do something to change it.

If me not putting up with the status quo is "miserable" than so be it. I just want to be a successful football team.

#40 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:26 PM

God if we would've pulled off this victory I would have put so many different users on blast.

We were one play away from beating the mighty Falcons, the team we were suppose to get butt fugged b by.

And then we barely get beat and all of those losers come out with the "Moral victory!" jokes, if we would've won I would have made sure that every fan that cheered against this team must give their jersey/other panther gear away to a better fan.

#41 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,511 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:29 PM

Nothing miserable about it. I just realize that we're going in the wrong direction and should probably do something to change it.

If me not putting up with the status quo is "miserable" than so be it. I just want to be a successful football team.

"I ignore all positives unless we win" James

#42 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,763 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:32 PM

"I ignore all positives unless we win" James

Every terrible team shows "positives" no matter how terrible they are.

Guess what? They are still terrible.

#43 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,511 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:34 PM

Every terrible team shows "positives" no matter how terrible they are.

Guess what? They are still terrible.

In your opinion is there nothing positive with the Carolina Panthers ?

We are 1-3 and have suffered a dumb loss, a decent win, a horrible loss and a close loss.
No matter what negatives and positives we can gather we are still 1-3.
My point is dont trying and poo all over people who instead of wallowing in teamloathing about how bad things are, take the time to find a few lights at the end of the tunnel.

#44 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,763 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:42 PM

In your opinion is there nothing positive with the Carolina Panthers ?

We are 1-3 and have suffered a dumb loss, a decent win, a horrible loss and a close loss.
No matter what negatives and positives we can gather we are still 1-3.
My point is dont trying and poo all over people who instead of wallowing in teamloathing about how bad things are, take the time to find a few lights at the end of the tunnel.

Meh. This happens everywhere there's a losing team.

It's much like Rotten Tomatoes. Critics write a bad review of your favorite movie/team. Then all of the sudden people start tearing the critic apart for doing what he's supposed to do. Then it starts a feedback loop of the critic criticizing the commenters for criticizing him criticizing the movie.

I don't see it stopping really so don't act like there's some victim in all of this when everybody is attacking everybody.

#45 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,724 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:54 PM

it's not like the falcons played poorly either... they were damn good.

as far as i'm concerned it was two damn good football teams playing competitive football and the better of them came out on top (albeit barely.)

i'm no fan of "there's always next week" and i'm as frustrated as the next guy, but i still can't help but think we've got a very good chance of pummeling seattle and dallas and having a .500 record, back in the thick of the race.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com