98 replies to this topic

#46 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,004 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:41 AM

Ron Jaworski said he agreed with the punt.

I don't think it's a black and white decision.

#47 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,121 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:50 AM

Ron Jaworski said he agreed with the punt.

I don't think it's a black and white decision.

I hated it, but I think it was the right decision. I already knew we would blow it though, even though that thought was temporarily curbed when we downed it inside the 2.

#48 ShutDwn

ShutDwn

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:40 PM

Playing not to lose won't win consistently and it's bad for a young team's mentality.

Winners want the ball. Especially when you have Cam Newton, Tolbert and Stewart. poo, just have Cam run and jump.

#49 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:46 PM

In hindsight I probably woulda went for it, idk.

Not worst coaching move of the year though, our D had been playing awesome and then the fact the punt went to the 1 it was just bullshit how our D folded when the odds were finally in favor of them after dominating when the Falcons offense favored our D

#50 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 17,004 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:47 PM

In hindsight I probably woulda went for it, idk.

Not worst coaching move of the year though, our D had been playing awesome and then the fact the punt went to the 1 it was just bullshit how our D folded when the odds were finally in favor of them after dominating when the Falcons offense favored our D

No timeouts either. I think that is a big factor.

#51 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,217 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:50 PM

The bad move was not fixing the Safety position in the offseason.

Surely there is someone in the US who can play serviceable Safety position for the Panthers.

...draft, free agent, someone down at the grocery store.

#52 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,805 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:26 PM

The D was not playing awesome. We had sacks, but Ryan shredded us most of the day. We got ran all over. Turner had his FIRST catching TD of his career. Our defense is terrible. For those saying it was the right decision, you are completely wrong. A regular team with a regular secondary, yes, it's the right call. But this team has special team fodder and 5th round draft picks covering one of the most explosive WR's in the game. You felt confident in that?

Personally, I knew the moment I seen they were punting this game was over. The stats don't lie. With Cam we're like 21 in 24 on 4th and 1 chances. You spend countless money on running backs. And when it comes to using them, you don't. Did we really get a new coach with Rivera? I felt like John Fox was in there running the plays. Sadly, what this is is Hurney bringing in another YES man. We brought in a new coach for some fire, some courage. Obviously Rivera is completely out of touch, when he thinks this swiss cheese secondary can stop Matt Ryan (which I may add, is the best QB in the league at this moment right now).

#53 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:35 PM

I did not see one player pleading to go for it. Am I wrong here?

Nope, Rivera mentioned after the game the players were behind him to punt the ball

#54 Monday Night Shyamalan

Monday Night Shyamalan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationHollyweird, CA

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:44 PM

No way should this be considered worst coaching decision of the year.

Though I personally wish we would have gone for it, the decision to punt was completely understandable. Our defense was playing great up to that point, a punt that was fielded on their 1 yard line, with 57 seconds left, and no timeouts? Our secondary just couldn't close, typical Panthers 4th quarter ending...

Let's also not forget the fumble that could of ended the game. As someone mentioned earlier, in hindsight we shouldn't have been in that situation to begin with...

#55 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,858 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:47 PM

If Rivera went for it and we did not get it...THAT would be the worst coaching decision of the year...bc all ATL needed was a fg to win.

The punt was downed at the 1cm line....it could not have worked more in favor of that decision...now a fumbling-tripping no playmaking FS and DBs with questionable awareness erased all the good from that.

Cam should not have fumbled and we should all be discussing how great it is to be Panther fans..

It was the one moment at the most critiical point of the game where you do not fumble..he did.

It was Cam's John Kasay kick out of bounds moment.

#56 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,103 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:52 PM

Tony Dungy's Opinon >>>>

Dungy gets paid to play devil's advocate. Bet you dollars to donuts he would have went for it.

#57 LA_Panther

LA_Panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:58 PM

We didn't lose because of that 4th and 1. We lost because of Chud's playcalling in the last 5 minutes and of course Mr Nakumara

#58 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,194 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:11 PM

The bad move was not fixing the Safety position in the offseason.

Great point.

#59 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,103 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:15 PM

cam doesnt fumble we win the game. most coaches punt in that situation especially seeing how our dline was getting in ryans ass. atlanta should be counting their blessings for this gift of a win.

It's games like this that separate men from boys; cowards from competitors. Cowards always blame the easiest person on the team. Which in this case is your QB. Competitors take responsibility for their actions because they have a come what may attitude.

You play to win. Not play to hold on. Better to take a chance and fail than to give the other team a chance to fail. Every competitor knows that.

#60 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,103 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:21 PM

If Rivera went for it and we did not get it...THAT would be the worst coaching decision of the year...bc all ATL needed was a fg to win.

The punt was downed at the 1cm line....it could not have worked more in favor of that decision...now a fumbling-tripping no playmaking FS and DBs with questionable awareness erased all the good from that.

Cam should not have fumbled and we should all be discussing how great it is to be Panther fans..

It was the one moment at the most critiical point of the game where you do not fumble..he did.

It was Cam's John Kasay kick out of bounds moment.

Seriously??? You still had time to recover and like usual, a bad decision was made and in typical after the fact style, you blame Cam.

The Panthers will not be winning much with such a lazy attitude.

Good to see the SB Champion Giants didn't blame their loss on their QB nor kicker. Their coach had enough balls to take FULL responsibility for the final decision. That is why they have won SB rings in 4 years to this team's 0.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.