Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthericulous

Wall to Kentucky....

65 posts in this topic

The scholarships will be sorted out over the summer... this has been stated over and over. Obviously, 3 of those scholarships will be rescinded and 3 players will likely be transfers

Satisfied?

OMGz!!!!!! Storm teh wallz!

Yeh i know that will happen..... I still think its dirty that you have a player in your college and then "oh sorry we gave up your scolarship to Player X pack your bags and leave"

Still a joke to me.....

Calipari didn't give them that scholly. It sucks. It's cutthroat. But that's how it is

True...Cali is going to do what he needs to get PAID......

The sports life is a cruel b!$ch....

Congrats Dimbee, great class...

Yeah I agree with you...Also nobody is factoring in that UK is not going to be playing that pure dribble drive offense that we are so used to seeing under Cal. If they do that then Patterson, Orton, Cousins will all be a waste of a position on the floor. None of those guys are quick enough to keep up with the guards on the break..

It'll be interesting, Im just not buying all the "national champs or bust" talk that is goin on right now.

not calling you out, but have you seen patterson or cousins play... patterson is always the first one down the court, and cal has been quoted several times saying "wow i didnt realize how fast he was" and "you wont believe what patterson will do in this offense". sure he is trying to appease fans and let them know that one of their favorites is fitting in well, but there has got to be some truth to it...

as for cousins, the guy is pretty flexible in his positions... he can knock down the trey, or force it inside... if joey dorsey has a role, then patterson and cousins can have a bigger role bc they have a bigger and better skill set... as far as orton, he has put on some weight since his surgery but before that he could move pretty well... we will see for him

the team as a whole will have some growing pains getting this offense down, but i have faith they will get it going and make us UK fans feel happy with the product on the court again... finally

I wonder how many pundants will predict that Kentucky goes undefeated this year? I really hated it when people said that about the Tar Heels last year, because it's not realistic and it puts too much pressure on those kids to try to be perfect.

I hope no talking head is stupid enough to think that, let alone say it

there are always people stupid enough...you should know better than not to think that

I hope no talking head is stupid enough to think that, let alone say it

We will see, I guess. There is nothing wrong with a little hype though, and that recruiting class deserves it, but it just irks me a little bit when the media puts too much pressure on these kids. Then again, they probably handle it better than I do as a fan.

not calling you out, but have you seen patterson or cousins play... patterson is always the first one down the court, and cal has been quoted several times saying "wow i didnt realize how fast he was" and "you wont believe what patterson will do in this offense". sure he is trying to appease fans and let them know that one of their favorites is fitting in well, but there has got to be some truth to it...

as for cousins, the guy is pretty flexible in his positions... he can knock down the trey, or force it inside... if joey dorsey has a role, then patterson and cousins can have a bigger role bc they have a bigger and better skill set... as far as orton, he has put on some weight since his surgery but before that he could move pretty well... we will see for him

the team as a whole will have some growing pains getting this offense down, but i have faith they will get it going and make us UK fans feel happy with the product on the court again... finally

Seen them both play..Patterson is known for disappearing in key situations and Cousins is has a reputation as taking plays off as well. This is not going to be your typical Memphis dribble drive offense that people are accustomed to seeing with Cal. The team will be very good but Cal is going to have to adjust his coaching to his players more than likely. Neither Cousins, Patterson, nor Orton have the motor that Dorsey had. A motor and a will to get offensive rebounds etc is just as important if not more important than skill in Cals typical offense. That is one of the reasons I was surprised that Cousins went to UK in the first place...