Photo
- - - - -

Wall to Kentucky....

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
64 replies to this topic

#13 God

God

Attitude

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:10 PM

Without Meeks they will be a very young average team, with Meeks they will be championship caliber.

#14 Luc21

Luc21

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:10 PM

To me you don't go from a mid tier NIT team to a national champion on the backs of freshmen in this day and age of basketball.

This is true. However, on paper, very very strong team, we do need to still see them play together on the court. I will stand by Wall being an instant impact and dominate player, but Cousins I could see struggling to be what everyone envisions of him.

#15 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

HUDDLER

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:28 PM

Cousins and Orton can develop at their own pace. We have Patterson (junior) and Perry Stephenson (senior who averaged a double double last year and had the best slam of the season versus UNLV in the NIT) manning the paint until then.

The key to UK's season, I think will be outside shooting. This is where Meeks would be needed most. Well, that and free throw shooting at the end.

#16 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

HUDDLER

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:29 PM

And by the way, Florida won it all with mostly one class, and they were sophomores.

#17 Panthericulous

Panthericulous

I'm calmer than you are..

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:03 PM

everyone forgets darius miller as far as outside shooting goes... last year i really thought that he would be the next "meeks" type player to score a lot with a ton of athletic ability... the guy wont even start this year... either will orton and hood and stevenson and galloway and liggins... thats 11 guys right there that are pretty solid with five guys (if meeks comes back, which he will) with solid playing experience....

its all a crapshoot now... as is with all recruiting... but as for now, it feels so good to be talked about like we are again at this time of year...

it will be very tough if meeks doesnt return to compete with kansas, nova, mich st, and carolina but college basketball is getting younger and younger and freshman can make a huge difference compared to what they used to do....

#18 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 20 May 2009 - 12:22 AM

Kentucky is completely turning into Memphis...Calapari will eventually win a title with his recruiting style...recruit the thuggish 1 and dones...

Congrats UK

#19 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:01 AM

Hard to say until you see them actually play, but consider this....

Michigan's Fab Five: Webber (2), Howard (4), Rose (6), King (8) and Jackson (60-something, I think)

Kentucky's class: Wall (1), Cousins (2), and I don't know the rest but I know Orton is way up there, plus Hood, Bledsoe and someone else...all in the top 40. Michigan called itself the Fab Five, but it was really the Fab Four. Kentucky has six studs. I mean, if they didn't have anyone coming back, these guys could win 20-25 games by themselves. Then you consider Patrick Patterson and Jodie Meeks (90-plus free throw shooter)....next year could be special.

I still say until one of these classes actually win a NC then they can be labeled as the best recruiting class in the Nation, and it is kinda hard to say the Fab Five was a great recruiting class, because A) they did not win it all and B) the controversy that followed about how they got to Michigan

#20 God

God

Attitude

HUDDLER

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:21 AM

I want to see where they are after next year when Patterson,Cousins and Wall go to the NBA, along with Stevenson and Meeks eligibility being up. They will be in constant rebuild mode with Calipari there. Cal was at Memphis and UMass how long? How many titles did he win?

#21 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:40 AM

and Louisville stole Kentucky's Coach, and how many titles has he won since?

just sayin'

#22 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

HUDDLER

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:47 AM

I still say until one of these classes actually win a NC then they can be labeled as the best recruiting class in the Nation, and it is kinda hard to say the Fab Five was a great recruiting class, because A) they did not win it all and B) the controversy that followed about how they got to Michigan

Basically Michigan got UNLV's next recruiting class. When Tark was forced to leave UNLV all those guys had to choose a Plan B.

#23 God

God

Attitude

HUDDLER

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:48 AM

and Louisville stole Kentucky's Coach, and how many titles has he won since?

just sayin'

way to change the subject, whats wrong?

and how relevent has UK been since Pitino left?

#24 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

HUDDLER

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:49 AM

I want to see where they are after next year when Patterson,Cousins and Wall go to the NBA, along with Stevenson and Meeks eligibility being up. They will be in constant rebuild mode with Calipari there. Cal was at Memphis and UMass how long? How many titles did he win?

Calipari was at Memphis nine years. He came within a prayer shot by that Kansas kid of winning one there, and in any other year he would have won with that UMass team (they split with Kentucky that year, and most people consider that 96 Kentucky team one of the two best of the last 20 years.