• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#31 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:24 AM

I'm a huge UK fan, and I agree with you. But....we're in the conversation again, and that feels nice. Just wish I could get the UK fans who go around thumping their chests and bragging on other teams' boards to shut up. They're like that relative who embarrasses himself every year at the family reunion.

Yep. The fact is Kentucky is back in the mix and in a huge way. But there are a large number of UK fans who are walking around acting like the NC is theirs for the taking.

There is so much that goes into winning a NC. Experience playing a big role. Correct me if I am wrong but no one on this Kentucky team has ever made it past the second round of the NCAA tournament, not to mention this team was playing in the NIT last year. That goes a long way once you get to the second weekend.

Again I am not bashing Kentucky, just dont agree with those who believe that the NC is all but theirs to lose.

#32 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:31 AM

At the same time, the moment a UK fan says the slightest thing about potential for good play or hope on the horizong, he's immediately assaulted by UNC douchebags (feel free to peruse the numerous UK-related threads here and observe the calm nature of the thread until a UNC fan starts casting stones)

:D

#33 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:45 AM

at the same time, the moment a uk fan says the slightest thing about potential for good play or hope on the horizong, he's immediately assaulted by unc douchebags (feel free to peruse the numerous uk-related threads here and observe the calm nature of the thread until a unc fan starts casting stones)

qft

#34 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 12:16 PM

At the same time, the moment a UK fan says the slightest thing about potential for good play or hope on the horizong, he's immediately assaulted by UNC douchebags (feel free to peruse the numerous UK-related threads here and observe the calm nature of the thread until a UNC fan starts casting stones)

umm I might have overlooked it in this thread, but where has any Carolina said anything negative in here?

#35 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 12:21 PM

umm I might have overlooked it in this thread, but where has any Carolina said anything negative in here?

Not in this thread, but look up Dwill's posts in the other threads in this forum.

#36 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 01:36 PM

ahhhhh...gotcha

#37 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 01:40 PM

Yeah, I'll admit it's stayed surprisingly mild in here... of which I'm thankful. I much prefer actual dialogues to back and forth poo-talking

#38 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 01:50 PM

Yeah, I'll admit it's stayed surprisingly mild in here... of which I'm thankful. I much prefer actual dialogues to back and forth poo-talking

At least until football season and the Bears are 3-0. :D

#39 dexterpyro

dexterpyro

Huddle's Master Chef

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • LocationWilson, NC

Posted 20 May 2009 - 02:50 PM

Trying to figure out how Kentucky is THREE scolarships over the limit and no one says anything???

NCAA College recruiting is a joke to me....has been for years....all about the money and the back alley and under the table deals...

#40 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 02:52 PM

The scholarships will be sorted out over the summer... this has been stated over and over. Obviously, 3 of those scholarships will be rescinded and 3 players will likely be transfers

Satisfied?

OMGz!!!!!! Storm teh wallz!

#41 dexterpyro

dexterpyro

Huddle's Master Chef

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • LocationWilson, NC

Posted 20 May 2009 - 02:58 PM

The scholarships will be sorted out over the summer... this has been stated over and over. Obviously, 3 of those scholarships will be rescinded and 3 players will likely be transfers

Satisfied?

OMGz!!!!!! Storm teh wallz!

Yeh i know that will happen..... I still think its dirty that you have a player in your college and then "oh sorry we gave up your scolarship to Player X pack your bags and leave"

Still a joke to me.....

#42 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 02:59 PM

Calipari didn't give them that scholly. It sucks. It's cutthroat. But that's how it is

#43 dexterpyro

dexterpyro

Huddle's Master Chef

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • LocationWilson, NC

Posted 20 May 2009 - 03:05 PM

True...Cali is going to do what he needs to get PAID......

The sports life is a cruel b!$ch....

#44 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:24 PM

Congrats Dimbee, great class...

#45 Panthericulous

Panthericulous

I'm calmer than you are..

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:51 PM

Yeah I agree with you...Also nobody is factoring in that UK is not going to be playing that pure dribble drive offense that we are so used to seeing under Cal. If they do that then Patterson, Orton, Cousins will all be a waste of a position on the floor. None of those guys are quick enough to keep up with the guards on the break..

It'll be interesting, Im just not buying all the "national champs or bust" talk that is goin on right now.

not calling you out, but have you seen patterson or cousins play... patterson is always the first one down the court, and cal has been quoted several times saying "wow i didnt realize how fast he was" and "you wont believe what patterson will do in this offense". sure he is trying to appease fans and let them know that one of their favorites is fitting in well, but there has got to be some truth to it...

as for cousins, the guy is pretty flexible in his positions... he can knock down the trey, or force it inside... if joey dorsey has a role, then patterson and cousins can have a bigger role bc they have a bigger and better skill set... as far as orton, he has put on some weight since his surgery but before that he could move pretty well... we will see for him

the team as a whole will have some growing pains getting this offense down, but i have faith they will get it going and make us UK fans feel happy with the product on the court again... finally

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.