Photo
- - - - -

Wall to Kentucky....

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
64 replies to this topic

#49 monstercat

monstercat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 May 2009 - 12:46 PM

I hope no talking head is stupid enough to think that, let alone say it

We will see, I guess. There is nothing wrong with a little hype though, and that recruiting class deserves it, but it just irks me a little bit when the media puts too much pressure on these kids. Then again, they probably handle it better than I do as a fan.

#50 unicar15

unicar15

HUDDLER

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:04 PM

not calling you out, but have you seen patterson or cousins play... patterson is always the first one down the court, and cal has been quoted several times saying "wow i didnt realize how fast he was" and "you wont believe what patterson will do in this offense". sure he is trying to appease fans and let them know that one of their favorites is fitting in well, but there has got to be some truth to it...

as for cousins, the guy is pretty flexible in his positions... he can knock down the trey, or force it inside... if joey dorsey has a role, then patterson and cousins can have a bigger role bc they have a bigger and better skill set... as far as orton, he has put on some weight since his surgery but before that he could move pretty well... we will see for him

the team as a whole will have some growing pains getting this offense down, but i have faith they will get it going and make us UK fans feel happy with the product on the court again... finally

Seen them both play..Patterson is known for disappearing in key situations and Cousins is has a reputation as taking plays off as well. This is not going to be your typical Memphis dribble drive offense that people are accustomed to seeing with Cal. The team will be very good but Cal is going to have to adjust his coaching to his players more than likely. Neither Cousins, Patterson, nor Orton have the motor that Dorsey had. A motor and a will to get offensive rebounds etc is just as important if not more important than skill in Cals typical offense. That is one of the reasons I was surprised that Cousins went to UK in the first place...

#51 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

HUDDLER

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:22 PM

Patterson is known for disappearing in key situations

Hahahahahhaa!!!!! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat??

#52 Panthericulous

Panthericulous

I'm calmer than you are..

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:47 PM

Seen them both play..Patterson is known for disappearing in key situations and Cousins is has a reputation as taking plays off as well. This is not going to be your typical Memphis dribble drive offense that people are accustomed to seeing with Cal. The team will be very good but Cal is going to have to adjust his coaching to his players more than likely. Neither Cousins, Patterson, nor Orton have the motor that Dorsey had. A motor and a will to get offensive rebounds etc is just as important if not more important than skill in Cals typical offense. That is one of the reasons I was surprised that Cousins went to UK in the first place...

so what your saying is you havent watched patterson play... bc if you had you would realize how wrong that statement is.... patterson and meeks were the only ones last year that looked like they cared at many times...

and cant speak for cousins bc all ive seen of him is clips... but dont compare dorsey to patterson bc whatever "motor" dorsey has, patterson has the same one with newer oil... lame i know but i went with it...

#53 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

HUDDLER

Posted 21 May 2009 - 06:29 PM

so what your saying is you havent watched patterson play... bc if you had you would realize how wrong that statement is.... patterson and meeks were the only ones last year that looked like they cared at many times...

and cant speak for cousins bc all ive seen of him is clips... but dont compare dorsey to patterson bc whatever "motor" dorsey has, patterson has the same one with newer oil... lame i know but i went with it...

Isn't it funny how people's perceptions of players are so different? I would have said Patterson is the ONE player Kentucky has who you can count on to bring it every night. Well, Meeks, too, but Meeks hurt Kentucky more than helped them down the stretch last year. Ball hog.

#54 unicar15

unicar15

HUDDLER

Posted 21 May 2009 - 11:16 PM

I mean you guys probably watch him a lot more than I do. But I watched him a good bit his freshmen year because I wanted to see the comparison between he and JJ Hickson and the guy was lost a lot. If he has changed then I stand corrected...

#55 Htar

Htar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 May 2009 - 05:26 PM

Patterson is good. I look forward to the Heels handing him another loss in this series.

#56 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

HUDDLER

Posted 23 May 2009 - 12:25 PM

Patterson is good. I look forward to the Heels handing him another loss in this series.

I won't go so far as to predict anything at this moment, but I am definitely looking forward to the game, maybe more than ever

#57 mantal

mantal

HUDDLER

Posted 23 May 2009 - 02:32 PM

I won't go so far as to predict anything at this moment, but I am definitely looking forward to the game, maybe more than ever

It will be a war, no doubt! I agree that we can't predict the outcome...

#58 Htar

Htar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 May 2009 - 03:21 PM

Cal is going to do good things there, no doubt, but he is not going to take them to a national championship in his first year as coach. They will have to build to that point just like everybody else.

#59 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

HUDDLER

Posted 23 May 2009 - 03:26 PM

Cal is going to do good things there, no doubt, but he is not going to take them to a national championship in his first year as coach.

Who has said anything to even allude to that (other than UNC fans saying that it's not going to happen)?

#60 Htar

Htar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 May 2009 - 03:45 PM

Who has said anything to even allude to that (other than UNC fans saying that it's not going to happen)?

Not really anyone here...I have a couple buddies that are Wildcat fans and they seem to believe this is the case. Sorry for projecting on the innocent wildcat fans here.