38 replies to this topic

#1 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,135 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:06 AM

http://www.newsweek....d/197891/page/1

This combined with all of you whiny conservatives here, along with emails I get complaining that Biden said where Cheneys secret bunker was or some such BS as a "why I hate these guys" rant, make me more and more content about Obamas election.

#2 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,823 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:57 AM

Nice to know that you are content to the fact that Obama wil lquickly spend us into deficit hell that we may never recover from. And do not give me this "he inherited it crap".

Bush had a deficit of $400B...Obama's own plan calls for him to grow that to $1.8 Trillion within the next 18 months.

Guy has no clue what he is doing....just a belief that spending like a drunken sailor will solve all of the problems.

I have no problem working to help those who are trying to help themselves. However, the current Social Programs are so overly abused that they have become a joke.

#3 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:08 AM

http://www.newsweek....d/197891/page/1

This combined with all of you whiny conservatives here, along with emails I get complaining that Biden said where Cheneys secret bunker was or some such BS as a "why I hate these guys" rant, make me more and more content about Obamas election.

Saying you hate someone makes you whiny?

#4 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,422 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:08 AM

Nice to know that you are content to the fact that Obama wil lquickly spend us into deficit hell that we may never recover from. And do not give me this "he inherited it crap".

Bush had a deficit of $400B...Obama's own plan calls for him to grow that to $1.8 Trillion within the next 18 months.

Guy has no clue what he is doing....just a belief that spending like a drunken sailor will solve all of the problems.

I have no problem working to help those who are trying to help themselves. However, the current Social Programs are so overly abused that they have become a joke.

Listened to a liberal douchebag radio dude, Alan Handleman 101.1 out of Winston Salem who has a pro-pot segment every week, and he had a guy on his program talking about how an Obama healthcare plan could work great if it's modeled after Medicaid....on the same day a news story talks about Mediaid being insolvent by 2017.

The dog caught the car.

#5 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 11:37 AM

Listened to a liberal douchebag radio dude, Alan Handleman 101.1 out of Winston Salem who has a pro-pot segment every week, and he had a guy on his program talking about how an Obama healthcare plan could work great if it's modeled after Medicaid....on the same day a news story talks about Mediaid being insolvent by 2017.

The dog caught the car.

Like I said in another thread...It keeps getting better every day...I'd laugh if it weren't all so friggin sad.

Obama is pending us into oblivion...He knows it himself as he recently admitted it was unsustainable...And today, he's socking it to the American consumer with the new environmental standards attached to higher fuel mileage. And where will the automakers (who are flat broke) get the extra 20 billion dollars to develop the enviro cars?

#6 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,135 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 11:52 AM

Awwwww, these things are hard to do....please Obama make it easy on us, we don't wanna change....waaaahhhh

#7 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,422 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 12:08 PM

I actually want to reduce our dependence on oil...coal even.

Build more nuclear plants...become more "European"...it's so sheik (intended)

#8 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,823 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 19 May 2009 - 12:30 PM

Awwwww, these things are hard to do....please Obama make it easy on us, we don't wanna change....waaaahhhh

You sir, are a freakin tool.

Everyone wants change for the sake of change. Spend more money....as long as you don't have to foot the bill for it.

Love the people sitting on the sidelines with their hands out for a freebie.....you do realize that over 40% of the population in the US are paying little to not taxes don't you.

The social programs the Democrats so desperately want to increase are the same ones that consistently are manipulated by the lazy fugs in our society. Everyone wants something for free......when do you realize that nothing is for free.

I busted my ass in school...I worked 3 part-times jobs for my education....I buts my ass every day at work. When the hell did it become my "responsibility" to bail out every idiot out there who wants to live beyond their means.

You have no idea the effective tax rate that I pay....it is ridiculous. And, it goes to support some lazy ass person who wants to sit around all day and play X-Box or watch Oprah.

There is absoloutely no accountability in this country.....hard work begets success....it is not handed to you by some damn government subsidy.

#9 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,988 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 12:37 PM

Build more nuclear plants...become more "European"...it's so sheik (intended)

8 year construction time and 10 year wait list to achieve the required parts from the one factory in japan that can create them? NOT A PROBLEM

#10 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,135 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 12:42 PM

You sir, are a freakin tool.

Everyone wants change for the sake of change. Spend more money....as long as you don't have to foot the bill for it.

Love the people sitting on the sidelines with their hands out for a freebie.....you do realize that over 40% of the population in the US are paying little to not taxes don't you.

The social programs the Democrats so desperately want to increase are the same ones that consistently are manipulated by the lazy fugs in our society. Everyone wants something for free......when do you realize that nothing is for free.

I busted my ass in school...I worked 3 part-times jobs for my education....I buts my ass every day at work. When the hell did it become my "responsibility" to bail out every idiot out there who wants to live beyond their means.

You have no idea the effective tax rate that I pay....it is ridiculous. And, it goes to support some lazy ass person who wants to sit around all day and play X-Box or watch Oprah.

There is absoloutely no accountability in this country.....hard work begets success....it is not handed to you by some damn government subsidy.

Well, since you don't seem to understand that the bailouts are not meant to help idiots, but to keep the economy tanking for the rest of us, I will take your tool comment in that kind of context.

Last I heard, the "bailout" programs are designed mostly for companies and banks. I have problems with them as well, but I'm intelligent enough to understand the reasoning behind them.

Sorry about your effective tax rate. Stop whining and get a better accountant.

Gotta go, Oprah is on. Thanks.

#11 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,422 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 12:44 PM

But revamping production lines for new vehicles are instantaneous...within a recession...within a car market that's awful and makers going bankrupt is genius right?

You get stuff in the pipeline now...to prepare.

Majority of Obama's stimulus doesn't kick in until when...around 2011? 2012?

Makes perfect sense not to do anything Fiz...perfect. Borderline genius I'd say.

#12 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,988 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 12:57 PM

But revamping production lines for new vehicles are instantaneous...within a recession...within a car market that's awful and makers going bankrupt is genius right?

You get stuff in the pipeline now...to prepare.

Majority of Obama's stimulus doesn't kick in until when...around 2011? 2012?

Makes perfect sense not to do anything Fiz...perfect. Borderline genius I'd say.

g5jamz just admit you don't know anything about nuclear power, building the plants, funding, zoning, doe approval, waiting lines in japan, production, disposal, mining of uranium, uranium shortages, recycling, or setting up entire city grids to be powered by it, lithium batteries, etc etc.

also i know you can't argue in good faith but ive never said a thing about revamping production lines

#13 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,988 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 12:58 PM

Nuclear power isn't going to provide anything. It's not going to happen. It is a dream, a transhumanist-like dream of technology that will save us from our own excesses and self-destructive tendencies instead of the difficult steps of introspection and a reevaluation of our relationship with the natural world that manchildren like g5jamz are so incapable of considering.

#14 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,135 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:05 PM

It will provide electricity, dude.

Civilization will continue to grow. We need to both become a lot better at using energy, as well as continuing to create more. Nuclear power has a ton of upside, and the downsides are a lot more controllable than other base load generation methods.

#15 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,988 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:09 PM

why stop at nuclear power?

why not **** off to fantasies of mining h3 from the moon

WE'RE GOING TO THE MOON BABY

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users