38 replies to this topic

#16 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,954 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:22 PM

Because we can actually do nuclear power, we know it works, and it is cost efficient?

Is h3 a synonym for that Heroes chick or something? I can see generating a lot of energy from that as well

#17 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:22 PM

Gotta go, Oprah is on. Thanks.

Who are you kidding? We know you are loyal to The View.

#18 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,954 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:24 PM

I have a DVR that I get from the government for free along with my giant cheese block so i can see both.

#19 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,731 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:28 PM

Nuclear power isn't going to provide anything. It's not going to happen. It is a dream, a transhumanist-like dream of technology that will save us from our own excesses and self-destructive tendencies instead of the difficult steps of introspection and a reevaluation of our relationship with the natural world that manchildren like g5jamz are so incapable of considering.

I'm with ya that nuclear power isn't 'the answer', but what are you getting at? That we should use less power?

#20 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,590 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:33 PM

My dad's company is in the process of building 2 more nuclear plants, and possibly a third in NC/SC. First one will be up and running in 5 years, 2015 at the latest. The biggest part/expenditure for them is the red tape at DOE. It's pretty much his job, so I'ma gonna believe his timelines for implementation. I asked him the other day why it only took so short a time, I was thinking they were going to use that plant in Gaffney (I think that's where it is) that was half constructed before it was axed. He laughed and said that was a 30 year old design that wouldn't work nowadays, so it's not like that timeline is retrofitting older designs, they're starting from scratch.

#21 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:33 PM

I have a DVR that I get from the government for free along with my giant cheese block so i can see both.

You get the cheese from betwixt your toes, and your DVR was purchased for 30 bucks at the pawn shop. Quit trying to BS a BSer.

#22 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,954 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:36 PM

you are making it hard for me to maintain the illusion that I am a freeloading liberal

#23 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:37 PM

you are making it hard for me to maintain the illusion that I am a freeloading liberal

Quit being redundant

#24 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,307 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:40 PM

Nuclear power isn't going to provide anything. It's not going to happen. It is a dream, a transhumanist-like dream of technology that will save us from our own excesses and self-destructive tendencies instead of the difficult steps of introspection and a reevaluation of our relationship with the natural world that manchildren like g5jamz are so incapable of considering.

This post alone (as if you needed more evidence) clearly shows you lack of knowledge on any subject. To call nuclear power a "dream" is beyond a joke.

You have proven over and over to be an ass....but now you have proven to be an ignorant ass.

#25 xPUREBYBLOODx

xPUREBYBLOODx

StraightXXXLife

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:00 PM

Like I said in another thread...It keeps getting better every day...I'd laugh if it weren't all so friggin sad.

Obama is pending us into oblivion...He knows it himself as he recently admitted it was unsustainable...And today, he's socking it to the American consumer with the new environmental standards attached to higher fuel mileage. And where will the automakers (who are flat broke) get the extra 20 billion dollars to develop the enviro cars?

gets more like Nazi Germany everyday...for the record Bush set Obama up.....born to lose

#26 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,307 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:08 PM

So Obama is now exempt from any responsibility for the poor decisions me may make....got it. Right in line with the lack of personal accountability that the Democratic party thrives upon.

Don't worry...just sit at home and play X-Box....we will have the hard working people who have made a success of their lives foot the bill.

I do not feel guilty about the success I have in life....I worked hard for it.

I also do not feel it is my responsibility to support every freeloader out there.....including other members of my family (cousins, brother, uncle...etc.)

#27 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,954 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:27 PM

Um, he's not exempt from having to get reelected.

Thanks for footing my bill.

#28 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,954 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:59 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2...ref=werecommend

#29 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 03:06 PM

In this case I agree with you. But when you go over to the Arab world and fall all over yourself apologizing, when all we have done is buy a bunch of oil from these jerkwads and given a race of people refuge from Nazi Germany, I say you are a fool.

#30 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,954 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 03:11 PM

He literally fell all over himself? I mean, it's not like we were fighting a holy war or anything....oh wait I just found out about this:

http://www.foxnews.c...test=latestnews

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.