#1 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:40 PM

Zod suggested in the "game grades" thread that Rivera could be fired during the season if they continue to lose and under perform. I'll be honest, and I hate to make a judgement this early into his HC career, but I'm not sure if Rivera is cut out to be a HC in the NFL. Still, it's early for him and deserves more time. A more accurate assessment of him can be made in a couple months.

Still - let's say RR is fired at the end of the year. Who would you guys want to replace him? Do we go after a young up and coming guy, or do we bring in an older, more authoritative guy that maybe didn't do so hot his first go around as a HC?

Do you think Mr.Richardson calls up Perry Fewell again?

Can John Gruden be persuaded to come out of the MNF booth? What about his brother, Jay?

Does Cam Cameron deserve another shot?

Again, I'm not trying to add an awful thread to the weekly over reaction Monday, just curious what your take is on RR and the coaching situation!

I want to be very clear about this: I'm not hoping for Rivera to be fired and I do think he deserves more time to implement his system and philosophies. I'd hate for our team to evolve into a franchise that is looking for a new HC every 2-3 years. Stability is an under appreciated ingredient to a winning forumla.

#2 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,317 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:42 PM

Lol best thread ever

#3 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:48 PM

I'm a firm believer in the old cliche that the "fish rots from the head" - I'm disappointed in the franchise and this certainly includes Marty and Mr. Richardson.

However, the team lacks a killer instinct and even basic fundamentals. These fundamentals include tackling from the players and clock management from the coaches.

#4 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,287 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:48 PM

While I'm disappointed in Rivera's decision to punt yesterday, I'm not remotely to the point of calling for his head. He's learning on the fly just as much as the players are; this is his first go-round as a head coach, and it's retarded to ditch a guy who's gathering experience in favor of someone who will just as likely have to start from square one as well (because let's be frank, Carolina isn't a posh job where coaches like Gruden are going to end up.)

#5 carp24000

carp24000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:49 PM

I would love someone who actually shows emotion on the sidelines.

Posted Image

#6 shelbypanther

shelbypanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:50 PM

Hurney needs to be shown the door first, if they manage to remove his mouth from Jerry's nether region.

#7 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,585 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:51 PM

fug me and this thread.

#8 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:52 PM

It took Marvin Lewis ten years to win and Norv Turner is still losing. Some guys are worth the wait, and some guys should just be coordinators. If Rivera has an difference making imprint, it has not manifested itself on this team.

#9 philw5289

philw5289

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:53 PM

this is what i said right after the game yesterday about ron rivera

#10 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:53 PM

While I'm disappointed in Rivera's decision to punt yesterday, I'm not remotely to the point of calling for his head. He's learning on the fly just as much as the players are; this is his first go-round as a head coach, and it's retarded to ditch a guy who's gathering experience in favor of someone who will just as likely have to start from square one as well (because let's be frank, Carolina isn't a posh job where coaches like Gruden are going to end up.)

Like I stated earlier I'm not rooting for a coaching change (yet). However, I gotta disagree w/ you on the "posh job" comment. What would you consider a posh coaching job? The Panthers play in a growing, beautiful city and have a legitimate franchise QB who hasn't even scratched the surface of his potential. Not to mention the team is young, impressionable and we do have an owner who will open up the check book.

#11 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:54 PM

fug me and this thread.

Thanks for your input, moderator.

#12 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,499 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:56 PM

I would love someone who actually shows emotion on the sidelines.

Posted Image

If you wanted Bill Cowher.....we should of just kept Fox. I don't want that....uphill battle. Rivera is right in embracing a forward thinking offense. We need a defensive minded coach to pair with Newton that can aid this D yet support a modern day offense.

#13 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:57 PM

Hurney needs to be shown the door first, if they manage to remove his mouth from Jerry's nether region.

It's almost impossible for anyone to defend Marty anymore.

This opens up a whole new can of worms though - who would we bring in to be the GM after Marty resigns or is terminated?

#14 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,585 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:57 PM

Thanks for your input, moderator.

YW :)

To add to it.

I can't honestly think of any Coordinator off the top of my head I would like to have.
Giants DC's are becoming more and more sketchy.

Zimmerman from the Bengals might be only thing worth thinking about.

Regardless I see 0 chance Chico is fired.

#15 Brokenbad

Brokenbad

Cam is my hero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:58 PM

Like I stated earlier I'm not rooting for a coaching change (yet). However, I gotta disagree w/ you on the "posh job" comment. What would you consider a posh coaching job? The Panthers play in a growing, beautiful city and have a legitimate franchise QB who hasn't even scratched the surface of his potential. Not to mention the team is young, impressionable and we do have an owner who will open up the check book.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com