Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Head Coaching Candidates

112 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Zod suggested in the "game grades" thread that Rivera could be fired during the season if they continue to lose and under perform. I'll be honest, and I hate to make a judgement this early into his HC career, but I'm not sure if Rivera is cut out to be a HC in the NFL. Still, it's early for him and deserves more time. A more accurate assessment of him can be made in a couple months.

Still - let's say RR is fired at the end of the year. Who would you guys want to replace him? Do we go after a young up and coming guy, or do we bring in an older, more authoritative guy that maybe didn't do so hot his first go around as a HC?

Do you think Mr.Richardson calls up Perry Fewell again?

Can John Gruden be persuaded to come out of the MNF booth? What about his brother, Jay?

Does Cam Cameron deserve another shot?

Again, I'm not trying to add an awful thread to the weekly over reaction Monday, just curious what your take is on RR and the coaching situation!

I want to be very clear about this: I'm not hoping for Rivera to be fired and I do think he deserves more time to implement his system and philosophies. I'd hate for our team to evolve into a franchise that is looking for a new HC every 2-3 years. Stability is an under appreciated ingredient to a winning forumla.

Posted · Report post

Lol best thread ever

Posted · Report post

I'm a firm believer in the old cliche that the "fish rots from the head" - I'm disappointed in the franchise and this certainly includes Marty and Mr. Richardson.

However, the team lacks a killer instinct and even basic fundamentals. These fundamentals include tackling from the players and clock management from the coaches.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

While I'm disappointed in Rivera's decision to punt yesterday, I'm not remotely to the point of calling for his head. He's learning on the fly just as much as the players are; this is his first go-round as a head coach, and it's retarded to ditch a guy who's gathering experience in favor of someone who will just as likely have to start from square one as well (because let's be frank, Carolina isn't a posh job where coaches like Gruden are going to end up.)

Posted · Report post

I would love someone who actually shows emotion on the sidelines.

[img]http://a.espncdn.com/i/magazine/new/041115_cowher.jpg[/img]

Posted · Report post

[indent=1]Hurney needs to be shown the door first, if they manage to remove his mouth from Jerry's nether region.[/indent]
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

fug me and this thread.

Posted · Report post

It took Marvin Lewis ten years to win and Norv Turner is still losing. Some guys are worth the wait, and some guys should just be coordinators. If Rivera has an difference making imprint, it has not manifested itself on this team.

Posted · Report post

this is what i said right after the game yesterday about ron rivera

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAciHLFFP58

Posted · Report post

[quote name='fieryprophet' timestamp='1349113725' post='1929762']
While I'm disappointed in Rivera's decision to punt yesterday, I'm not remotely to the point of calling for his head. He's learning on the fly just as much as the players are; this is his first go-round as a head coach, and it's retarded to ditch a guy who's gathering experience in favor of someone who will just as likely have to start from square one as well (because let's be frank, Carolina isn't a posh job where coaches like Gruden are going to end up.)
[/quote]

Like I stated earlier I'm not rooting for a coaching change (yet). However, I gotta disagree w/ you on the "posh job" comment. What would you consider a posh coaching job? The Panthers play in a growing, beautiful city and have a legitimate franchise QB who hasn't even scratched the surface of his potential. Not to mention the team is young, impressionable and we do have an owner who will open up the check book.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Kurb' timestamp='1349113883' post='1929768']
fug me and this thread.
[/quote]

Thanks for your input, moderator.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='carp24000' timestamp='1349113753' post='1929763']
I would love someone who actually shows emotion on the sidelines.

[img]http://a.espncdn.com/i/magazine/new/041115_cowher.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
If you wanted Bill Cowher.....we should of just kept Fox. I don't want that....uphill battle. Rivera is right in embracing a forward thinking offense. We need a defensive minded coach to pair with Newton that can aid this D yet support a modern day offense.