111 replies to this topic

#16 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:58 PM

As lackluster as Rivera looks so far, you know he'll ride his contract out at minimum barring something huge (arrested, etc).

That goes double for Hurney.

#17 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:59 PM

If you wanted Bill Cowher.....we should of just kept Fox. I don't want that....uphill battle. Rivera is right in embracing a forward thinking offense. We need a defensive minded coach to pair with Newton that can aid this D yet support a modern day offense.

Yeah I definitely respect that fact that RR is a progressive coach.

#18 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,891 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:59 PM

It's almost impossible for anyone to defend Marty anymore.

This opens up a whole new can of worms though - who would we bring in to be the GM after Marty resigns or is terminated?

Marty is the biggest issue. Should of been gone with Fox.....emotionally attached to prior moves made before the "Rivera rebuilding era". New GM would have gutted the roster and been more aggressive with change

#19 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,313 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:02 PM

Marty is the biggest issue. Should of been gone with Fox.....emotionally attached to prior moves made before the "Rivera rebuilding era". New GM would have gutted the roster and been more aggressive with change

As much as I have defended Marty of the years I will have to agree here.
He should have been sent packing with Fox.
SOMEHOW he convinced BigCat to give him 4 more years (im guessing here). How I just don't know.
Marty does some good things, he jumps on grenades for just about the entire organization, but there comes a point where the company guy just isnt making the grade anymore.

I'm afraid that time was the end of 2010.

#20 shelbypanther

shelbypanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:02 PM

It's almost impossible for anyone to defend Marty anymore.

This opens up a whole new can of worms though - who would we bring in to be the GM after Marty resigns or is terminated?

Since Jerry is hellbent on being Pittsburgh south, start with the name Omar Khan, the Steelers cap guru in their front office.

#21 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:04 PM

Honestly, we need a real D coordinator more so than a new HC.

That said, we need to start with Hurney.

#22 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • 5,714 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:05 PM

The absolutely soonest possible time Rivera would be fired would be after the 2013 season. I'd bet every penny I have that he won't be fired this year no matter how bad things get.

#23 SZ James

SZ James

1 888 CAM PAIN

• HUDDLER
  • 7,434 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:06 PM

How much control does JR have over the decisions that impact the team? Is MH really just JR's puppet?

#24 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,136 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:16 PM

WADE PHILLIPS DC, HOUSTON TEXANS

Posted Image

I used to hate this guy when he was at Dallas, but what he has done in Houston since last year is INCREDIBLE. Bring this guy to Charlotte!!!

#25 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:18 PM

Is MH really just JR's puppet?

I think he is.

The posters in this thread that say MH should of been fired with Fox are right on the money.

As a fan, you have to accept the fact that you are going to have losing season and disappointing years. But after this season, it will be 5 straight years that the Panthers haven't made the playoffs and you could make a case that the Panthers have been one of the 2-3 worst teams in the NFL the past couple years.

What the hell happened to this rebuilding stage we were supposed to be going through after we cut Delhomme, Hoover, and let Peppers walk, etc?

#26 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,136 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:20 PM

Zod suggested in the "game grades" thread that Rivera could be fired during the season if they continue to lose and under perform. I'll be honest, and I hate to make a judgement this early into his HC career, but I'm not sure if Rivera is cut out to be a HC in the NFL. Still, it's early for him and deserves more time. A more accurate assessment of him can be made in a couple months.

Still - let's say RR is fired at the end of the year. Who would you guys want to replace him? Do we go after a young up and coming guy, or do we bring in an older, more authoritative guy that maybe didn't do so hot his first go around as a HC?

Do you think Mr.Richardson calls up Perry Fewell again?

Can John Gruden be persuaded to come out of the MNF booth? What about his brother, Jay?

Does Cam Cameron deserve another shot?

Again, I'm not trying to add an awful thread to the weekly over reaction Monday, just curious what your take is on RR and the coaching situation!

I want to be very clear about this: I'm not hoping for Rivera to be fired and I do think he deserves more time to implement his system and philosophies. I'd hate for our team to evolve into a franchise that is looking for a new HC every 2-3 years. Stability is an under appreciated ingredient to a winning forumla.

Cam Cameron sucks.
Fewell will be another Rivera.
No to both Grudens.

Mike Zimmer or my man "WADE PHILLIPS"!!!

#27 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:20 PM

Posted Image

I used to hate this guy when he was at Dallas, but what he has done in Houston since last year is INCREDIBLE. Bring this guy to Charlotte!!!

Phillips taking a "demotion" from the Cowboys to the Texans ended up being a pretty good career move for him. I'm sure his name will get tossed around a lot after this season.

#28 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:22 PM

Posted Image

Would love him as a DC, but not a HC.

A little too laid back for me to give him the reins to this horse.

#29 shelbypanther

shelbypanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:23 PM

Wade Phillips.....hell and no. I'd rather bring back Dom Capers if that was the choice.

#30 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

Didn't RR interview for numerous HC gigs before the Panthers? IIRC, he was always one of those guys for like a decade who was always getting interviews but never a job.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.