Head Coaching Candidates

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
111 replies to this topic

#46 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,642 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

McDermott hasn't shown anything to suggest he's very good at his job. Not in Philly (fired for being terrible) and not here (2 seasons now with a laughable defense).

Not true. His last year in Philly his D generated more turnovers than one outside 2 teams....with weak talent by Philly standards.

He was scapegoated in Philly. Hasn't done much here....but talent is a big issue here. Thinking someone can make lemonade with poo ain't realistic

#47 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:56 PM

Not true. His last year in Philly his D generated more turnovers than one outside 2 teams....with weak talent by Philly standards.

He was scapegoated in Philly. Hasn't done much here....but talent is a big issue here. Thinking someone can make lemonade with poo ain't realistic

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=6025347

McDermott, 36, came under heavy criticism in a season in which the Eagles allowed a franchise-high 31 touchdown passes and had the worst red-zone defense in the NFL.

#48 4Corners

4Corners

Trill Laimbeer

• HUDDLER
  • 13,446 posts
  • Location704

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:01 PM

yeah my buddy is a die hard eagle fan and he has nothing good to say about McDermott.

#49 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,642 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:06 PM

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=6025347

An they also generated more turnovers than almost everyone.

Listen to Philly fans, they don't sugar coat....he had talent issues and Andy Reid pooped the bed and should of been fired. McD was sacrificed and Reid continued.

Team made it rough on a D with talent issues....

Reid should of been fired. Yeah, McD wasn't great....but Philly has bigger issues.

We scapegoated a DC before.

#50 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:15 PM

Somewhat random thought on coaching and the FO...

1) McDermott and/or Rivera had the D ready to play yesterday, and we should have won. That said, there are certain questions I would be asking were I JR, like, why is our best coverage linebacker being pulled from the game on passing downs? I'm still undecided on McDermott.

2) I'm pretty much done with Rivera. Forget the punt/go for it discussion; that does not factor into for me. My complaint is his tendency to basically give up at critical times. He did it last year in our final game against NO, punting the ball to them in the 4th quarter when we still at least had the possibility of doing something to get back in the game. Then the 2 minute drill at the end of the 1st half yesterday, in which he sent his team the clear message that he didn't think they were good enough to move the ball down the field and score, and sent the message to the D that he didn't think they could stop Atlanta if necessary. And today, in his press conference, he bristled at anyone even asking him about it, saying he didn't understand why it was even a question. I do not believe he is the right person to lead this team at this moment.

3) Marty has left us way short on talent in a few spots, and has to take responsibility for it. Last year, it was going into the season with just 3 DT's, 2 of them rookies, and the other a 2nd year player. We all saw the results. This year, we go into the season with just 4 CB's, including a 5th round rookie, a guy who was toast all last year, and a young project, formerly of Dallas. Sign a damn vet or two and give this team a chance to win.

All that being said, I'm confident there will be no consequences for Ron or Marty. It's just the way it is and apparently we have to live with it.

I am still firmly behind the team and will cheer just as loud as I ever have, but the realization has hit home for me that we have some deficiencies that probably will not be overcome until there are fundamental changes in how the team is run.

#51 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:30 PM

We better hope to God Rivera pans out because if this coaching staff doesn't you know JR is going away "from all that fancy passing and poo! Get back to real football! Trade Cam and get me a FB!!"

Sadly... Yes, Riveras seat is starting to heat up a little. He's a brilliant mind but he seems to lack basic football elements. I don't care how many times he wants to pin it on the players, poor clock management in the two minute drill is your fault. Horrible tackling, basic fundamental problems, sheer lack of toughness and killer instinct. These things can all be attributed to coaching and have been a consistent problem in his tenure here.

Oh, dont let me let the ring leader off the hook though. If literally anyone other than Haruki Nakamura had been starting at S yesterday we would have won. But Hurney would have rathered dropped the big bucks on the all important position of running back! Lattimore 2013!!!

#52 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,469 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:31 PM

What is Fletcher Cox doing this season?

Seems to be playing very well. I have tried to catch as many snaps of his as I could as he was my favorite pick at 9 this past draft.

Friend and Die Hard Eagles fan has been very impressed, and I take his word on football very seriously.

#53 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,141 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:37 PM

We don't need Linemen! We have RBs and LBers!

#54 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,060 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

cam cameron lol

#55 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 31,524 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

Is this a Kurb-Troll?

#56 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,141 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:40 PM

Is this a Kurb-Troll?

More sarcastic truth teller.

#57 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,664 posts

How long did Singletary have to make a fool of himself in San Fran?

#58 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,469 posts

Sorry, I forgot.

What we do need though.....is a really good Fullback.

#59 4Corners

4Corners

Trill Laimbeer

• HUDDLER
  • 13,446 posts
  • Location704

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:02 PM

How long did Singletary have to make a fool of himself in San Fran?

Yup - and looked what happened to that team once they fired him.

#60 ClawOn

ClawOn

Bringer of Dong

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

I think we'll continue the painful revolving door of one-dimensional prior coordinators into the great forever...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.