111 replies to this topic

#61 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,377 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

Seems to be playing very well. I have tried to catch as many snaps of his as I could as he was my favorite pick at 9 this past draft.

Friend and Die Hard Eagles fan has been very impressed, and I take his word on football very seriously.

I wanted him too, but understood and supported the Kuechly pick. He is not starting at Philly yet, but has some decent stats for a DLman.

The only thing Philly might be a little concerned about is an apparent migraine problem. I know he had to leave one game early because of it.

#62 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,445 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

personally, I doubt its Rivera. The guy can only play the hand hes given and Hurney keeps dealing this guy 3's and 4's.

#63 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,824 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:17 PM

I wanted him too, but understood and supported the Kuechly pick. He is not starting at Philly yet, but has some decent stats for a DLman.

The only thing Philly might be a little concerned about is an apparent migraine problem. I know he had to leave one game early because of it.

I had the same issue when playing back in the day. Sucks, but they will find the right drug for him.

Don't get me wrong, I support Luke, just didn't think it was the right pick.

#64 carolinapf

carolinapf

The Judge

• HUDDLER
  • 3,019 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:41 PM

Zod suggested in the "game grades" thread that Rivera could be fired during the season if they continue to lose and under perform. I'll be honest, and I hate to make a judgement this early into his HC career, but I'm not sure if Rivera is cut out to be a HC in the NFL. Still, it's early for him and deserves more time. A more accurate assessment of him can be made in a couple months.

Still - let's say RR is fired at the end of the year. Who would you guys want to replace him? Do we go after a young up and coming guy, or do we bring in an older, more authoritative guy that maybe didn't do so hot his first go around as a HC?

Do you think Mr.Richardson calls up Perry Fewell again?

Can John Gruden be persuaded to come out of the MNF booth? What about his brother, Jay?

Does Cam Cameron deserve another shot?

Again, I'm not trying to add an awful thread to the weekly over reaction Monday, just curious what your take is on RR and the coaching situation!

I want to be very clear about this: I'm not hoping for Rivera to be fired and I do think he deserves more time to implement his system and philosophies. I'd hate for our team to evolve into a franchise that is looking for a new HC every 2-3 years. Stability is an under appreciated ingredient to a winning forumla.

Wasn't there another ex linebacker Bears player who became a coach for the niners? How did that work out?

#65 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:42 PM

LOL! Lets get started early.

#66 nobody

nobody

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

You don't know football if you think Cowher and Fox are the same.

Cowher is far more agressive.

add to it the fact his home is on lake norman and he wont coach anywhere else because he wants to keep his family here in the carolinas. Hes also made offers to coach here before (if you listen to rumor) but was tunred down because he wanted to bring in a gm that hes been working with scince forever. So bring him in and the gm thing takes care of itself.

#67 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,656 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

Disappointing showing since he was hired? Yes. Fire him now? No. Should he be fired if we have less than 7 wins at the end of the year? Maybe. Would JR and Hurney do it? Nope.

I think Hurney is good at managing the cap in the offseason when we need to drop the figures fast, but it seems to me that he hangs onto players for too long, gives them too many chances. I don't want to call for his head but he needs a reality check in that respect. TD is an exception to that, he is far too good when healthy to cast him aside. I just question the exorbitant spending on (Given, they are good players we all know and love) what I like to call "Impulse Buys". I love DeAngelo and it's too late to whine now that his guaranteed money will be done with after this season, but re-signing him was unnecessary. That could have gone to a free agent Safety, a proven commodity that could have made a serious difference already. We might have won the game yesterday if we'd had a proven commodity back there. Just one less busted safety coverage and that game was won.

#68 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

McDermott hasn't shown anything to suggest he's very good at his job. Not in Philly (fired for being terrible) and not here (2 seasons now with a laughable defense).

D was laughable before he got here... remember?

#69 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,768 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

D was laughable before he got here... remember?

No

Until the debacle of 2010 the defense was a perenial top 10 performer. Even in 2010 they were miles ahead of these defenses.

#70 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

I wouldnt mind giving chud a shot.

#71 Rags

Rags

help

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

I would love someone who actually shows emotion on the sidelines.

Posted Image

not this poo again

#72 Rags

Rags

help

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:02 PM

Anyway if we need a HC at the end of the year I want the Bengals DC Mike Zimmer

#73 FastNFurious

FastNFurious

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

Is Homer Simpson available???

#74 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,085 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

Wade fuging Phillips? Have we gone that mad?

Look what Phillips done with Houston in 1 season.

#75 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,085 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:09 PM

I wouldnt mind giving chud a shot.

Me too. I have said it long ago.
Chud should get a chance if Rivera is ever let go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.