33 replies to this topic

#11 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:24 AM

Only one trade that I know of netted a 2nd (Cowboys moving up from 14th to 6th to grab their had-to-have CB) last year.

Trading up is cheap.

Stranger things has happened.
And yea trading up in this new CBA is cheaper . Teams are willing to move up now.

#12 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:27 AM

Sorry for being so harsh.

My point being Rivera isn't getting fired and a trade for a second is pretty rare.
I usually don't start tinkering with Mocks until middle of the season.

It's all good Kurb. Just saying, if Rivera isnt fired he may look for a 34 defense or more schemes to it. You know at some point he's going to run out of excuses and switching to a 34 may be his only way to not get his @ss lit up by JR.

#13 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• LocationILM
Administrators

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:28 AM

It's all good Kurb. Just saying, if Rivera isnt fired he may look for a 34 defense or more schemes to it. You know at some point he's going to run out of excuses and switching to a 34 may be his only way to not get his @ss lit up by JR.

I usually curse people out for even suggesting it, but at least you took the time to draft players for a 3-4.

Long and short of it is it would be a massive overhaul to the D. Key players would be lost. Things would get a ton worse before they got better.

#14 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:46 AM

I usually curse people out for even suggesting it, but at least you took the time to draft players for a 3-4.

Long and short of it is it would be a massive overhaul to the D. Key players would be lost. Things would get a ton worse before they got better.

I don't think it would be a serious issue if we wanted to switch to a 34. Most of our DEs on the roster are pretty much 34 OLBs. If Robert Mathis and Mario Williams can make the change to OLB, I believe CJ can too.

All of this is just bull but if we can get guys like Jenkins and Simon, we're closer to a 34 than most people think.

The only player that wouldnt have a position on a 34 is Anderson. At this point if we wanted to switch, Anderson can be traded for almost anything.

#15 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• LocationILM
Administrators

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:59 AM

It doesn't work like that Chuck.
I can't explain it so you will understand.
Just trust me, it isn't that easy.

#16 Delhommey

Delhommey

Moderators

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:02 AM

Stranger things has happened.
And yea trading up in this new CBA is cheaper . Teams are willing to move up now.

I wouldn't base my predictions on "stranger things have happened".

Us getting a 4th is a little more on the real side.

#17 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

SUPPORTER

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:03 AM

Hurney getting fired? If not no way trade down. We will trade up if anything with hurney.

#18 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

HUDDLER

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:59 AM

Amerson got benched last Saturday...his season has gone so bad he won't even be drafted
unless something dramatic happens.

#19 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:09 PM

I wouldn't base my predictions on "stranger things have happened".

Us getting a 4th is a little more on the real side.

You're going to tell me that a team that trades down from a top 7 pick is only going to get a 4th rd out of that mess?

Every team that wants to move up always have to give up atleast a 2nd rd with their current spot. We gave our 2nd to Philly to trade back up for Otah. We gave was it a 1st to take Everette Brown in the 2nd. Heck we had to give SF a 3rd next year to take Alexander in the 4th.

You're completely lost on the trading cost whatever its call again. Before the draft this year some people gave some great info on how the trading process and cost of trading up works. Go look it up! I can tell u it's not no 4th rd in return trading down that high. I'm sure all 32 teams wouldn't hesitate to think once about trading up if the cost was only a 4th rounder.

FYI, Dallas gave up their no.14 and no.45 to trade up to no.6 with TB. Nothing strange bout it.

#20 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:14 PM

Amerson got benched last Saturday...his season has gone so bad he won't even be drafted
unless something dramatic happens.

Sucks for the kid then.
If not Amerson, saying we hold a top 7th pick there are more than 7 true NFL stars in next year draft that a team will def wont to trade up for.

Just look at a team like Arizona. By the looks of it they may end up being a team with a lower pick next year. They will def look for a QB. Wouldn't rule them out trading up for a Logan Thomas or Geno Smith etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users