Photo
- - - - -

is josh norman just to slow to get it done?

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#16 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:33 PM

I could be wrong but the majority of the plays norman was on roddy white.

#17 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,996 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:33 PM

He played good yesterday

#18 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:34 PM

I ve seen more of him chasing wrs from behind than him being in a position of power. I'm sure if you pull up times targeted by starting rookie cbs, he would be leading for most yards allowed.

A lot of the time that he's "following" is scheme related. He's looked pretty good in press coverage in crossing routes and anything under 15 yards. On go routes, or any deep route really, with our two deep nickle sets, he releases the top of the route to the safety and falls to underneath coverage - that's a scheme set up and not a coverage failure. Unfortunately Nakamura sucks balls.

As to your targeted yards point; he would likely be near the top. There's a few reasons for that. Very little rookie corners have started every game as a number two this year, and we've played three very prolific passing teams out of our four games.

Norman looks to be progressing fine in my eyes.

#19 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,929 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

Great attitude and desire but he has been beat multiple times. I'll chalk that up to him being a rook for now. And this, Huddle, is the type of guy you give another year before you even BEGIN to doubt him. Not fools like Jarrett and Armanti.

#20 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,961 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:38 PM

Norman has played better than a lot of players on our Defense and he's a 5th rounder rookie.

This thread is $hit! Kuechly deserves this thread, not Norman.

#21 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:40 PM

Norman has played better than a lot of players on our Defense and he's a 5th rounder rookie.

This thread is $hit! Kuechly deserves this thread, not Norman.

Ummm pretty sure luke played better than norman last game. Get some game tape.

#22 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,168 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:42 PM

I dont see mo getting beaten by teams 4th wrs either. Morris looks like hes competing out there,josh looks a few steps behind is all im saying.

Hasnt looked good tonight against the Bears.

#23 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,242 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:44 PM

His speed will be an issue against some receivers, but he has very good awareness. So far the only real knock would be his positioning, got beat a couple times on slants but was able to make some good break ups

#24 Miaoww

Miaoww

• HUDDLER
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:44 PM

I dont see mo getting beaten by teams 4th wrs either. Morris looks like hes competing out there,josh looks a few steps behind is all im saying.

Might want to turn on MNF. 'Mo' just got beaten for a 40 yard TD by the Bears' 4th WR.

#25 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:46 PM

Hasnt looked good tonight against the Bears.

mo looks very physical to me.

#26 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,168 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:49 PM

No i didnt he had already gave up that huge TD probably before you made this thread but that was a great play on him to rip the ball out after he ALLOWED that catch.

#27 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,961 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:57 PM

Ummm pretty sure luke played better than norman last game. Get some game tape.

As a no.9 pick he plays like poo.
You're going to compare Norman to Claiborne who was drafted 4 rounds ahead of him. That's just stupid.

Go and look at lbs drafted after Luke (Wagner and David), theyre playing much better than him right now.

#28 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,756 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:57 PM

Is OP serious or trolling? I can't tell.

#29 Doughboy88

Doughboy88

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:58 PM

Norman is playing outstanding. I hate some people just want to hate on a guy because the receiver that he was assigned to caught a ball. He was playing zone where we gave up two gigantic plays. He disengaged to work the underneath on both. It was a poor play call since they assigned Nakamura to be the only safety over the top. The coaches don't really have other options since White and Jones deserve double coverage, Gonzo will own the middle, and the draw to Turner was lethal- keeping us respectable. The Falcons are deadly on offense. Back to the subject, Norman had an absolutely outstanding game! He won his battles almost every time against Jones. They didn't throw his way because he just wasn't getting open. No he isn't a burner by any means but you don't have to be when you have solid awareness. He also reads the receiver, not the ball. Go back and watch how he reads the body language of the receiver to make nice plays. I recall he had a couple swats and airtight coverage all game. Stop making these damn threads about good guys. Like the one about Keek, he is getting adjusted. He is still a ballhound- wait until he gets comfortable in coverage. You guys won't be calling his number in midseason. The same goes for Beason. Yea he looks sluggish, totally understandable after playing in pain + coming back after his injury. I believe we will start really gelling after our bye week, similar to last year. Our O-line needs time together, our d-line is making plays, we are learning to pressure, Cam is settling in... For some reason, we don't come out of the gate hot. Patience.. I think we will make a serious late run similar to last year except we will have 2-3 more wins before the run. Go Cats.

#30 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,961 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:00 PM

mo looks very physical to me.

He's the 6th pick in the draft.
Norman is a 5th rounder.

You dont compare Munnerlyn to Revis. I don't see why you're trying to prove a case at comparing Norman to Claiborne.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com