Photo
- - - - -

is josh norman just to slow to get it done?

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#61 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,628 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:55 AM

Id like to think that that's the case he's not playing well but clearly it's seen that Luke can't get off his blocks. Everytime an offensive player grab a hold of him, he's done.

Except for when he annihilates screens right??

#62 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,641 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:58 AM

This would be an awesome point if Luke wasn't rotated in and out. The kid never has a chance to get in rhythm because 1. we are playing him out position, and 2. he doesn't see the field on a consistent enough basis....

It is down right silly our nickel LBs are Beason/Anderson or even Phillips/Anderson.

TD and Luke need to see the field more.

And I would much rather Luke play MLB than Beason against Lynch

#63 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,628 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:00 AM

It is down right silly our nickel LBs are Beason/Anderson or even Phillips/Anderson.

Got a guy who has been called one of the best coverage line backers ever on tape and you don't play him on passing downs....

Posted Image

#64 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:50 AM

but but but on Madden his speed is an 85!

#65 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,575 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:00 AM

100% agreed.

i just do not understand that at all.

the only reason i can see for limiting keek's PT is to keep his mileage down somewhat so he doesn't hit the rookie wall so hard.

the guy needs to be on the field a lot. he needs to be dealing with pass catching TEs or at least in on passing downs and nickel packages.

#66 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:16 AM

Id like to think that that's the case he's not playing well but clearly it's seen that Luke can't get off his blocks. Everytime an offensive player grab a hold of him, he's done.

A year in an NFL conditioning program will change alot.

Just look at the diference in Beason between the two years.

#67 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:22 AM

Norman has been playing the coverage that has been called which a great deal of time is weak arse zone. He did just fine against VJax and Colston when allowed to challenge the reciever. Against New York, we were playing the Charmin Zone as I like to call it. He plays the run well and has had a number of tough pass break ups. None of the big plays on Sunday were his fault. Find someone else to blame.

#68 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,399 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:30 AM

I think the level of competition is so different between where he played and the NFL it will take him some time.Not ready to give up on him yet

#69 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 15,523 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:47 AM

A year in an NFL conditioning program will change alot.

Just look at the diference in Beason between the two years.

True but if a player has it, they have it. It doesn't taking conditioning to change a player. Beason was a beast the second he step foot on the field. I remembered how well he played vs the Vikings and AP.

Im not ruling out Kuechly yet but the man has to show more than what he has shown. Being the 9th pick, he has to be better than Beason and be the next Urlacher. He can't be a Barrett Rudd or Stewart Bradley.

#70 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 15,523 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:47 AM

#71 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:49 AM

True but if a player has it, they have it. It doesn't taking conditioning to change a player. Beason was a beast the second he step foot on the field. I remembered how well he played vs the Vikings and AP.

Im not ruling out Kuechly yet but the man has to show more than what he has shown. Being the 9th pick, he has to be better than Beason and be the next Urlacher. He can't be a Barrett Rudd or Stewart Bradley.

Thats funny because the majority of Beasons tackles he had his rookie year were downfeild,
Keuchly needs to be on the field and in his proper postion.

#72 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 15,523 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

Except for when he annihilates screens right??

If you want to settle with a 9th overall pick being able to annihilates screens only then it's up to you.

Lb is probably the easiest position for a rookie to come in and make a huge impact. He hasn't shown anything since week 1. When you're drafted that high, you should be able to do more. It's not like Kuechly was a raw type of player when he came out. It's not like a Amini pick where he is raw but has the potential to be great. You knew exactly who and what Kuechly was when you took him. He hasn't shown that on a NFL field yet.

#73 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 15,523 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:03 PM

Thats funny because the majority of Beasons tackles he had his rookie year were downfeild,
Keuchly needs to be on the field and in his proper postion.

I dnt wanna see Luke at MLB yet. He has a hard time getting off blocks playing an OLB position, what makes you think he can get off more blocks playing Mike when more centers and fullbacks are going to come right at him.

#74 Way Truth Life

Way Truth Life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:28 PM

I have a suggestion. Purchase this and watch 24 play. I have watched the games 3 and 4 times. 24 is getting eaten alive and EVERY team throws directly at him. Furthermore, he plays right on the line in an attempt to get physical with the WR, but 3/4 of the time the WR blows right by him and is behind him within 5 yards. That is simply unacceptable. He may become an amazing corner, but why should we be training the guy on the field while the team suffers? 43 is clearly not getting the job done either and 30 is looking better only because 43 sucks so bad....the right side of our backfield gets killed in the Atlanta game and I mean killed! Watch the rewind please before you continue with the 24 is serviceable BS!

https://gamerewind.n...secure/schedule

#75 brandon_87

brandon_87

ooh wee mayne he dat deal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:31 PM

Can't you people be happy with anything? We could have landed Revis in a trade and if he didn't have any picks there would be a thread saying how bad he is... Smdh its this very fanbase that over exaggerates everything to seem a lot worse then it is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.