Photo
- - - - -

is josh norman just to slow to get it done?

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#76 cdandi1

cdandi1

Formerly JerryRich4Pres

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:39 PM

Contradictory reports on coverage....

http://sports.espn.g...pressions121001

...it looked as if the Panthers were sending safety help Jones' way for much of the afternoon, and Roddy White was eating up single coverage, usually against Chris Gamble (but sometimes, unfortunately for Carolina, against Josh Norman). The result? White wound up with 169 yards and two TDs, and Jones had three targets, one catch and 30 yards. If the Jones owner in your league chooses to panic, by all means swoop in. These WRs will go back and forth all season.

Just to add fuel to the fire...though the writer admits to not have reviewing the game film yet.

#77 Upper Deck West End Zone

Upper Deck West End Zone

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:52 PM

I'm sorry but against the run, I have not seen Norman tackle well.

#78 DoubleTrouble34

DoubleTrouble34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:57 PM

Julio has 30 yards on 1 catch

Someone's slow not sure it's him though

Did you even watch the game? Gamble was matched on Julio 95% of the time.. not Norman

#79 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,799 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:48 PM

I'm sorry it's about time somebody says it Josh Norman has been a liability. Your not watching the games if you think he's not if Eli Manning laughed and joked about targeting 24 all game. It's becoming a trend so what he's a 5th round pick more importantly he is a starter the sad thing is that he might be the best option we have. Trading for Asante Samuel in the offseason is a move we should have made. I'm not saying bench Norman because he shows flashes but no doubt he's a target and weakness in our defense.

#80 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,746 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:04 PM

not buying it. don't really care about his straight line speed, more about quickness and reactions and tackling, which he has displayed at a high level considering a rookie 5th rounder from Coastal Car.

#81 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,799 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:11 PM

I'm just saying Norman came from the same place as the Replacement refs and nobody gave them a pass

#82 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,315 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:16 PM

True but if a player has it, they have it. It doesn't taking conditioning to change a player. Beason was a beast the second he step foot on the field. I remembered how well he played vs the Vikings and AP.

Im not ruling out Kuechly yet but the man has to show more than what he has shown. Being the 9th pick, he has to be better than Beason and be the next Urlacher. He can't be a Barrett Rudd or Stewart Bradley.

They let Beason play MLB and every down....once Morgan got hurt.

Beason is simply a liability and getting reps Luke should.

Luke needs the chance. He shows the great instincts that make a play sniffing machine....did it again Sunday.

#83 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:29 PM

They let Beason okay MLB and every down....once Morgan got hurt.

Beason is simply a liability and getting reps Luke should.

Luke needs the chance. He shows the great instincts that make a play sniffing machine....did it again Sunday

I Dno. It mightve just been me but most if the times I saw Kuechly getting block.

I love Kuechly but the man has to start showing up on plays more.

#84 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,315 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:30 PM

I Dno. It mightve just been me but most if the times I saw Kuechly getting block.

I love Kuechly but the man has to start showing up on plays more.

He is showing a lot....and doing so in limited reps.

Marty paid Beason and Anderson nice money....and those contracts IMO are keeping those 2 on the field

#85 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,315 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:35 PM

Beason - 264 snaps
Anderson - 222 snaps

Luke? - 155

Luke has 1 less tackle than Beason and LEADS the team in tackles for loss at 5. 4 more than anyone else.

He isn't playing poorly. He had a rough opening series in his week 1 NFL game. Then he started being Luke.

#86 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,799 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:47 PM

Luke was dominant in the preseason and yes it was just preseason but he looked like a 9th overall pick mainly because he was allowed to be himself and stay on the field his role changed once beason and td came back. Keuchly shouldn't be the one coming out the game

#87 cbully

cbully

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

He's a fearless tackler. I believe he just doesn't play zone well, may need time to adjust.

THE PANTHERS don't play zone well!

#88 cbully

cbully

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:09 PM

Beason - 264 snaps
Anderson - 222 snaps

Luke? - 155

Luke has 1 less tackle than Beason and LEADS the team in tackles for loss at 5. 4 more than anyone else.

He isn't playing poorly. He had a rough opening series in his week 1 NFL game. Then he started being Luke.

I think we could lock of the middle of the field if LK was in the middle. It doesn't even matter where Beason goes as of right now.. even Phillips is hungry.

#89 liljah8303

liljah8303

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • LocationThomasville

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:19 PM

I think hes been playing rather well. A solid tackler, and has had some nice plays in coverage. Imagine being a corner on Nak's side. No trust there,

#90 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,283 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:26 PM

I thought that Norman played well. It was Naka that laid an egg.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com