Photo
- - - - -

With 1:49 left in the 2nd and 3 timeouts...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#25 HardcoreDefense

HardcoreDefense

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

Throwing the ball deep with less than two minutes in the half in a close game is EXACTLY what defensive coordinators in this league don't allow you to do (unless, of course, you're a DC with a staggering drunk at safety, like the Panthers).

With three timeouts and 1:50, you throw underneath and work your way down the field 10-15 yards at a time (hopefully getting out-of-bounds on some of those plays and stopping the clock), all the while hoping one of those underneath throws will break loose for a larger gain.

You'd be screaming at Cam through the TV if he was throwing deep into coverage designed to prevent the deep throws.

Your right, I wouldnt want Cam to throw it deep with 1:50 left. But with time winding down I would like to see more aggressive calls within the last min to at least make the corners line up deeper. We have a talented offense, just horrible play calling within 2 min.

#26 footballisasport

footballisasport

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

Maybe he learns from this.
Next game we get the ball in the 1st half with about 2 minutes to go...I want to see something different than what I saw this weekend.

Coaches coach for moments like this. Those who wait for moments like this to happen to them never win games because unfortunately it shows they are reactive instead of proactive coaches.

Coaching is lot like playing polka...You play to your opponents weakness,so you they can call your bluff and and then you can capitalize. You don't expose your team's weakness at every turn. Rivera plays to the Panther's weakness a lot.

This team has got to stop playing to hold on instead of playing to win. The panthers need to learn to step on the opponents head when they are down because they damn sure will step on your team's head when they're down.

#27 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

HUDDLER

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:18 PM

Captains pass interference call was huge. 19 seconds left if the WR catches the ball in bounds, they have to kill the ball and kick it 15 yards further back.

Uh, the thread is about the end of the 1st half, not the 2nd.

#28 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

HUDDLER

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

Coaches coach for moments like this. Those who wait for moments like this to happen to them never win games because unfortunately it shows they are reactive instead of proactive coaches.

Coaching is lot like playing polka...You play to your opponents weakness,so you they can call your bluff and and then you can capitalize. You don't expose your team's weakness at every turn. Rivera plays to the Panther's weakness a lot.

This team has got to stop playing to hold on instead of playing to win. The panthers need to learn to step on the opponents head when they are down because they damn sure will step on your team's head when they're down.

I like your post but you know how to play polka?

#29 footballisasport

footballisasport

HUDDLER

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:43 PM

I like your post but you know how to play polka?

Sorry...didn't spell check...Poker, not polka

But I'm sure you knew what I was talking about. ;o)

#30 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

HUDDLER

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:48 PM

I'm Scot and Cherokee but I know many Krauts...you're OK by me.

#31 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

HUDDLER

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:06 PM

Ron Rivera is an asshole. That's fine enough, but what I can't accept is that he's an insufferable, clueless asshole.

Two days after his mess of a game on Sunday and I'm still pissed off. I've never felt this way before. I'm not getting over this. The guy will be our doom if he is around beyond NEXT season