• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:35 AM

It's obvious to anyone with a clue that his recent drop in play is 100% physical.

He is where he needs to be to make the plays but is still recovering and playing hurt.

Until he is back to playing shape he needs to wrap up. He can't rely in big hits as he just can't physically lay the hit like he used to.

I'm not giving up on him like many of you have. The only way he gets it fixed is on gamedays. Some players are not worth the risk, but Beas ain't one of them.

#2 kls11310

kls11310

Cam2SmittyAllDay

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:11 AM

I agree and do think the reps will help him return to form. Just wanna see more keek that's all...

#3 logic1977

logic1977

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:39 AM

I'm with ya, but he needs to rotate in and out until he's back to form

#4 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:41 AM

It's obvious to anyone with a clue that his recent drop in play is 100% physical.

He is where he needs to be to make the plays but is still recovering and playing hurt.

Until he is back to playing shape he needs to wrap up. He can't rely in big hits as he just can't physically lay the hit like he used to.

I'm not giving up on him like many of you have. The only way he gets it fixed is on gamedays. Some players are not worth the risk, but Beas ain't one of them.

Your premise does not support your conclusion. If his recent drop in play is 100% physical and he is playing hurt, playing him on gamedays is not the only way he gets fixed... getting healthy is the only way he gets fixed. And I have never heard a doctor prescribe "start at linebacker in the NFL" in the name of health.

Do you mean you think he is physically healthy, just out of shape?

#5 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:43 AM

I dont think he can physiccally wrap up. He isnt relying on big hits. He is trying to tackle with one arm because his shoulder is clearly fuged. I love the guy too and by no means am i giving up on him, but right now he is hurting the team. He needs to sit down until hes healthy. Get well Beast!

#6 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:43 AM

Like so many Panthers, Beason got his money. Now he's not playing as well and stays dinged up.

#7 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,566 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:30 AM

He's the heart and soul of the D, do whatever it takes to get him healthy.

#8 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,785 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:31 AM

How did he hurt his shoulder, I was never clear on that...

#9 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• HUDDLER
  • 17,566 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:33 AM

How did he hurt his shoulder, I was never clear on that...

Probably playing LB...

:)

#10 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,785 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:42 AM

Probably playing LB...

:)

Well that clears it right up, thanks.

#11 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,172 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:03 AM

Not sure who is writing him off, many think he needs to stay on the sidelines until he is 100%.

Our defense sucks to bad to have another non tackling, dirt coverer out there.

#12 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,559 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:14 AM

Well they pulled him to start the second half and Jason Phillips got sucked in on a screen and Michael Turner scored the touchdown. So they sent Beas back out there hurt.

#13 ECUPantherFan

ECUPantherFan

Wish we had Olsen twins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:19 AM

Well they pulled him to start the second half and Jason Phillips got sucked in on a screen and Michael Turner scored the touchdown. So they sent Beas back out there hurt.

So then why the hell can't we see a LB lineup of TD, Keek, Anderson?

Don't put Phillips out there unless someone is horribly gassed.

#14 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• HUDDLER
  • 17,566 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:32 PM

Because they want to keep the rookie outside unless they think it's going to be a permanent change. I agree with the move at this point. I'm as big a Beason homer as there is, but it may be time to think about moving him outside and rotating with TD.

I just want the man healthy. We're not blowing the world away so if he needs to take a month off to heal then lets do it. I'm also high on Phillips, but he hasn't really played in a month, there's going to be a lull before he's up to speed.

#15 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,576 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:50 PM

Anyone who expected Beast to look like his old self at this point was kidding himself. An Achilles rupture is one of the most devastating injuries in sports. It usually takes two full years to see how much a guy is going to get back. I say "how much" because it's never 100%. You're never the same after that injury, but I'll take a 90% Beason over 90% of the LBs in the NFL. Unfortunately for us, we're not paying him to be better than 90% of LBs, we're paying him to be better than 99% of LBs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.