Photo
- - - - -

Big Beas

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#13 ECUPantherFan

ECUPantherFan

Wish we had Olsen twins

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:19 AM

Well they pulled him to start the second half and Jason Phillips got sucked in on a screen and Michael Turner scored the touchdown. So they sent Beas back out there hurt.

So then why the hell can't we see a LB lineup of TD, Keek, Anderson?

Don't put Phillips out there unless someone is horribly gassed.

#14 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

SUPPORTER

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:32 PM

Because they want to keep the rookie outside unless they think it's going to be a permanent change. I agree with the move at this point. I'm as big a Beason homer as there is, but it may be time to think about moving him outside and rotating with TD.

I just want the man healthy. We're not blowing the world away so if he needs to take a month off to heal then lets do it. I'm also high on Phillips, but he hasn't really played in a month, there's going to be a lull before he's up to speed.

#15 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

SUPPORTER

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:50 PM

Anyone who expected Beast to look like his old self at this point was kidding himself. An Achilles rupture is one of the most devastating injuries in sports. It usually takes two full years to see how much a guy is going to get back. I say "how much" because it's never 100%. You're never the same after that injury, but I'll take a 90% Beason over 90% of the LBs in the NFL. Unfortunately for us, we're not paying him to be better than 90% of LBs, we're paying him to be better than 99% of LBs.

#16 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:52 PM

Not sure who has given up on him. Anyone who misses a whole season, not even considering the type of injuries he has suffered on the way back, would know it is going to take some time to get back to 100%.

During the offseason people even wondered if he would ever be back considering the achilles injury, top that with a knee, a hammy and a shoulder, of course he isn't 100%. I just wonder why he is in so many plays and why we don't have more of a rotation with the LBrs.

#17 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

SUPPORTER

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:04 PM

i expect the defense as a whole will begin to gel around midseason and stiffen up considerably towards the end. this will directly correlate to beason's improvement.

#18 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

HUDDLER

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:35 PM

Not sure who has given up on him. Anyone who misses a whole season, not even considering the type of injuries he has suffered on the way back, would know it is going to take some time to get back to 100%.

During the offseason people even wondered if he would ever be back considering the achilles
injury, top that with a knee, a hammy and a shoulder, of course he isn't 100%. I just wonder why he is in so many plays and why we don't have more of a rotation with the LBrs.

Reminded me of this 12 page debate back in the offseason.

http://www.carolinah...king-strong-r40

For the most part people were saying to be hesitant before declaring Beason 100% back but those people were also getting killed for such blasphemy by some. I believe that was the day I decided to never pay attention to any opinion that contained the phrase "Derp".. Here are some great quotes just in the first couple pages....

CPF4LIFE - No!! he is gonna suck this year. draft his replacement. Kuechly!! Derp derp.

jayflip - Forget all those "Achilles injuries take multiple years...blah blah blah...look at DeMeco Ryans...blah blah blah".

koolkatluke - That's it the next thread started about % of not coming back from a achilles injury and Demco Ryans. OP meet me infront of the BOA to get smacked for not trusting THe Beast. (JK) I told you Dude was going hard and looked better then he did before the injury.

jtgreensboro - OMGZ Beasonz nevers gonnas bes the sames causez my names is Dr. Derp and teh players nevers comes back fromz teh achilles, take teh Keuchlyz!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snake - Cant believe this! The statistics say he cant come back no way no how. No one has ever beaten the statistics!!!11111111!! Doctors derp derp stats Kuechly derp derp.

etc......

#19 Catalyst

Catalyst

HUDDLER

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:41 PM

I expected him to struggle in coverage, but his inability to tackle is surprising to me. I don't ever recall that being one of the issues with this type of injury, but it obviously is because he was a lot better before.

#20 rico6

rico6

Shit.

HUDDLER

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:30 PM

'' Big Beas'' is a liability out there regardless your defense or denial. If he's hurt he either needs to sit, or play spot duty and rotate.