• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,569 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:46 PM

Lets not act like ATL didn't have miscues either.

like calling 4 TO's in the second half and getting rewarded for them?

like getting man handled by our d-line?

all teams have miscues throughout each game, we just had more. that game was basically a gift from the panthers and refs to the falcons, so merry christmas.

#32 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:51 PM

like calling 4 TO's in the second half and getting rewarded for them?

like getting man handled by our d-line?

all teams have miscues throughout each game, we just had more. that game was basically a gift from the panthers and refs to the falcons, so merry christmas.

LOL. See sig.

#33 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,541 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:56 PM

*cough*

#34 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,569 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:17 PM

*cough*

good work sir

#35 Borat

Borat

Very Nice, I Like!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:24 PM

btw...just noticing greg olsen's stats. 20 catches for 256 yards. only 1 TD, but his catches makes him 5th out of TEs in the league so far and his yardage puts him at 4th. olsen's on pace for 80 receptions and 1000 yards. i'd be surprised if that will be continued, but it's still good to see him living up to that potential. still like to see him get in the endzone more.

When you've got 3 starting RBs and a mack truck for a QB, red zone targets are gonna be few and far between for TEs

#36 ElkinPanthersFan

ElkinPanthersFan

Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:29 PM

I think after that if anybody but AE is running the wildcat, what's the point? I've never understood the wildcat when you do not have legitimate passing threat in the backfield atleast.

#37 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,701 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

If Luke was on the field for that 2nd Roddy White TD, instead of Beason, that would have been a pick.

#38 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 3,029 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:44 PM

I think after that if anybody but AE is running the wildcat, what's the point? I've never understood the wildcat when you do not have legitimate passing threat in the backfield atleast.

I agree 100%. If you dont have thr threat of the pass its no use.

#39 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,701 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:44 PM

Oh and I saw Amini block two guys at one time during one of our running plays. This guys is coming along very fast, and he's nasty.

#40 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,701 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:47 PM

A lot of people won't admit this, but Gross is having one of his best years so far. JPP didn't abuse him as much as people think.

#41 Tacklez

Tacklez

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:37 PM

Our play call is a liability in my opinion. Calling a pass play that is meant to pick up 15-20 yards on plays like 3rd and 2 when we have one of the best running games in the league is just dumb in my opinion. Why not give it to Stew and let him earn that extension? We all know Stew is a lock for at least 2 yards most of the time..And if they absolutely just aren't feeling the run there...a short, SAFE pass to Olsen or Smith is a smarter call rather than the heaves I see almost week in and week out. And don't even get me started with the big Matt Ryan throw at the end of the game on their one yard line...... And I also hate the fact that Chud likes to run out of the shotgun as much as he does. I understand the option will work in this offense..but if Cam Newton is not tucking it for around 5-15 yds.(once or twice a game so far)..usually, D-Will is going straight up the middle for absolutely no gain. J-Stew would be our best option for the play..But I just think they should run out of the I-Formation, or have Cam under the center more. I know Chud likes to display his wizardry, but we have the ability and players to beat teams the good ol fashion way. His offense probably confuses the poo out of the younger players, which has probably messed up their development a little bit.
I also wish they'd put Keek in the middle..his natural position. Jon can play outside just as good as he can the middle..(Which doesn't look as good as before his injury, sadly)..and have Thomas rotate with Jon..which works well since they are both coming off season ending injuries..
Naka is not athletic and he's slow. The only thing I've seen him do good is that interception..and the judo throw he did on someone in the Saints game.
If we didn't have Charles Johnson to anchor up half the sacks Sunday, you all wouldn't think we looked as good as we did defensively ...Michael still burnt us and we made Matty's self esteem so high at the end of the game, he was screaming at our players like they were his bitches. I think it comes down to our Staff. This team needs a spine...some structure... And it seems Coach Ron Rivera can't or just hasn't gotten a hold of this team like he should. We need a leader....and he either needs to be that...or we need to find one. You can't have a young team the way we do without a greaybeard of a leader coach that's going to push our talent down the right path.

Well said Brother.

#42 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:50 PM

*cough*

Fixed.

#43 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,370 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:02 PM

I thought Armanti's throw was fine. If Smitty hadn't been tripped from behind, it would have been a completion. The "feet got tangled" excuse is pathetic. As far as I understand it, "feet getting tangled" means both parties are at fault. Smitty got tripped from behind as the defender (Samuel I think?) tried to cut in front of him to make a play on the ball.

#44 44johnson

44johnson

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:25 PM

I have not seen the game yet, would someone please describe the run, catch and pass by Armanti?

#45 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:36 PM

Just wanna point out that Samuel tripped Smith cutting in front of him. Had his feet not touched Smith he still would have cut in front of him. I don't understand how people say it would have been a completetion unless you assume that Samuel would have just missed the ball

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com