Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DangerClose

Sherrod Martin back in?

69 posts in this topic

I've been calling for Martin to start for about 3 weeks now.

Nakamura is slow, has no leaping/jumping ability, he's short, small wingspan, poor sense of direction, no ball hawking skills, blows coverage, is incapable of delivering a big hit, and can't recover at all when he's beaten. On the plus side, he makes less misakes than Martin did in the past, and he's good at making hand signals to communicate with the rest of the defense.

Rivera starting Nakamura cost us the Falcons game. If Naka starts again, then I've had it with Rivera.

What has Nakamura being a good communicator done to this defense?

What has Nakamura being a good communicator done to this defense?

Here comes Turner, Brown , Martin, or Thomas look out!!!!!!

If Martin can figure out the mental aspect of the position then he has the potential to be very good.

Agreed. Unfortunately it hasn't clicked for him all this time. I doubt it happens in the next week.

I bet if Sherrod gets his chance on Sunday, he won't let it go again. Lets not forget that John Fox picked pretty good players on that side of the ball-(e. brown being an exception)...

Sherrod was and still is a good player. He had an uphill climb to begin with, seeing that we had no other safety to show him how to play at this level when he came in.

"I think when you go back and look at what happened in training camp, I didn't think Sherrod did a bad job,” - Rivera.

I think it was probably a close competition between Martin and Nakamura, and Naka just edged him out by executing slightly better. Now with Naka sh!tting the bed this might be Martin's chance to take back his starting spot. (God we need to draft a safety)

He is a worse tackler than Nakarakimura but by far a better cover guy. So it's what does Rivera want. A better tackler or a better cover man. I think they should alternate depending on the situation