• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#46 FastNFurious

FastNFurious

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

Just heard Rivera's presser in which he said he thought Martin did a good job in preseason play, also brought up Jones and Campbell...

#47 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

I dont understand if all these guys had good camps how do you just hand Nakamura the Job? A career backup/special teamer.

#48 davos

davos

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 10,053 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

I was joking about it at first and its not gonna happen...but why not at least give Atogwe a tryout to see if he's over the Redskin injury funk?

If not, I'd seriously prefer SS-Campbell & FS-Godfrey before going back to Martin but I'll keep a small jar of optimism in the pantry for Martin regardless.

#49 davos

davos

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 10,053 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:02 PM

...and according to Rivera it seems everyone on the team had a great camp

#50 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,775 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:10 PM

I dont understand if all these guys had good camps how do you just hand Nakamura the Job? A career backup/special teamer.

He got the job for one reason and one reason only. His comunication in the secondary. Martin doesn't/didn't possess that trait. Unfortunately in this case it didn't make up for his physical shortcomings. If we could morph them together we might have a decent FS.

#51 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,391 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

So we get increased coverage in the secondary and more missed tackles...I guess I can live with that, cause Naka, in my opinion, was responsible for about 3 TD's.

#52 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:29 PM

This is what im talking about.

If this guy ever gets the chance to play and comes in and does this. I will lose what lil confidence i have in this coach staff already of evaluating this team.

#53 Upper Deck West End Zone

Upper Deck West End Zone

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

If I'm the boss, during the bye week, I bring in a bunch of safeties who are currently on the street and choose one, maybe two. Then I'd ask Nak and Martin for their play books and give them directions to the light rail. Seattle will go at our safeties right away. Every team will.

It really makes me wonder who is making the ultimate decisions when it comes to personnel.

#54 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:03 PM

So we get increased coverage in the secondary and more missed tackles...I guess I can live with that, cause Naka, in my opinion, was responsible for about 3 TD's.

JMO. I didn't see any decrease in the missed tackles with Martin out of the line-up. So no big difference there.

#55 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,775 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:06 PM

I know its waaaay early and people may not think its very smart. Buuuuut! I'd love to draft Amerson and play him at FS. Dude has all the skills to be a top saftey and he's young with room to add on weight.

#56 pilot2011

pilot2011

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:08 PM

I love Amerson, but that dude has been NC State's worst player on defense by far this season... There are some State fans that want him benched.

#57 pilot2011

pilot2011

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:10 PM

back to Sherrod tho...why in the world coaches didn't keep more safeties on the 53 is still very confusing to me. Jordan Pugh and Reggie Smith were good players. Could have at least brought about more compettion for this subpar safety group

#58 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:18 PM

Is this the same Martin that even the big cat ripped on last year?

Big Cat also wanted Armanti at all cost and keeps Hurney employed. So his judgement is clearly in question.

#59 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,775 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:23 PM

I love Amerson, but that dude has been NC State's worst player on defense by far this season... There are some State fans that want him benched.

Not to derail this great Martin thread...but I know he had a bad 1st game against Tenn. I thought he's been much improved since, plus teams have avoided him to a degree. Still think he'd be great at safety. Anyway,back to Sherrod.

#60 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,391 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:38 PM

JMO. I didn't see any decrease in the missed tackles with Martin out of the line-up. So no big difference there.

I was referring to missed tackles from the Safety position but....you're probably still right there too...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com