<

Photo
- - - - -

Little talk of the HUGE screen TD pass to Turner

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
43 replies to this topic

#31 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:20 PM

Its all about the coaching. Have been trying to tell this entire board we are not lacking in talent but most weeks are gameplan's have been inferior to our opponents. This week we came much better equipped but for some reason Rivera took his foot off the gas at the wrong times. Sucks we lost but it does appear the coaches are learning from their mistakes and hopefully they will continue to improve and get over the hump before its too late.

Coaching had nothing to do with Nakamura's horrible execution or Cam's fumble.

Coaching is part of it....but it isn't always just about the Xs and Os.....but also the Jimmys and Joes. Players could of won that game with the coaching job done even if it wasn't great

#32 SgtJoo

SgtJoo

Reppin that Bull City

SUPPORTER

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:29 PM

Just uploaded the play if you want another look at it.

#33 panther4life

panther4life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

Coaching had nothing to do with Nakamura's horrible execution or Cam's fumble.

Coaching is part of it....but it isn't always just about the Xs and Os.....but also the Jimmys and Joes. Players could of won that game with the coaching job done even if it wasn't great

Maybe I was not clear. The coaching was much improved this week. We let our foot off the gas with 51 seconds left on in the first half when it was 2nd and 2 with roughly 25 yards to go for a field goal. Then at the end we did impose our will enough to seal the victory. Outside of that the coaching was much improved this week and it showed in the performance of the team, unfortunately just was not enough to get the W.

#34 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

HUDDLER

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

it looked kind of like munnerlyn had his hands on tony too. I've seen way worse holding/blocking before the catch not called.

#35 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

it looked kind of like munnerlyn had his hands on tony too. I've seen way worse holding/blocking before the catch not called.

Well, Juilo Jones' TD catch against KC was probably worse.....so that would be correct. He was tackled.

#36 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

HUDDLER

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:39 PM

Well, Juilo Jones' TD catch against KC was probably worse.....so that would be correct. He was tackled.

For the record i do agree it should be called. Go watch a Saints game or GB game. They abuse it wayyyyyyyyyy worse. NE too. Wasn't holding but blocking before the catch is definitely arguable.

#37 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

HUDDLER

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:39 PM

That wasn't holding. But I forget we're the only team in the league that gets no calls. We should always be 19-0.

#38 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

SUPPORTER

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:42 PM

Meh. I agree with you CRA, but the ref's were going to call ATL's way the whole game before the kick-off even happened. In Atl, Arthur Blank has a big hand in getting the refs back while JR had a big hand in trying to keep the refs locked out. Not trying to get a tinfoil hat on, but you could see this coming from a mile away.

We were the better team on the field, but we made just enough mistakes to beat ourselves (bad officiating not included)

#39 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

For the record i do agree it should be called. Go watch a Saints game or GB game. They abuse it wayyyyyyyyyy worse. NE too. Wasn't holding but blocking before the catch is definitely arguable.

Well, it simply was....not really arguable.

But as long as you agree it was missed I am cool with that. It happens. Stuff gets missed. Just normally not in front of a 60 yard screen TD

#40 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:59 PM

That wasn't holding. But I forget we're the only team in the league that gets no calls. We should always be 19-0.

Hold wasn't the issue....Tony engaged a block like it was a run. Ball wasn't thrown yet. Makes it PI.....whether there was holding is irrelevant to the blown call.

#41 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

HUDDLER

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

Well, it simply was....not really arguable.

But as long as you agree it was missed I am cool with that. It happens. Stuff gets missed. Just normally not in front of a 60 yard screen TD

The reason i think it wasn't is cause munnerlyn had his arms high on tony? That's the only reason i got. Unfortunately it happens every week.

#42 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

HUDDLER

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:17 PM

Turner loves playing us...

#43 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:50 AM

Everyone loves playing our D.

Are you slumping and in danger of losing your starting job? Well come play our defense and reclaim your former glory!

#44 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:13 AM

That play made me hang my head, but more because of our crappy execution than the blown calls.

Pretty much nobody can tackle right now.