29 replies to this topic

#1 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,859 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

At Free Safety? I don't trust Martin at all. Besides Colin has that 4.3 speed that can let him keep up and get to a spot quickly.

Thoughts?

#2 CollegePanther

CollegePanther

President

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:13 PM

Posted Image
I would rather throw Martin back in there than some inexperienced, fast, ST player.

#3 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

Didn't we just try putting a special team ace in the starting line up?

#4 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,613 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:22 PM

He's probably a "safety" in the same way that JJ Jansen is a "LB".

We'd likely be much better off with Martin or Nakamura. People watch those two and say, "hell, anything would be an improvement", but Jones is likely much worse than either Sherrod or Haruki.

#5 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:23 PM

Hey guys I know how to fix our number two receiver position. Armanti Edwards anyone? He was drafted in the 3rd so he should have some talent.

Thoughts?

#6 BIGH2001

BIGH2001

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:26 PM

I heard Karl Hankton is starting at WR2 this weekend.

#7 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,859 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:29 PM

Naka wasn't known for his speed, at least that from what I read. He was known for his 'sure' tackling. So far that's not true. I don't see Martin as an Improvement over Nakamura seeing that Martin can't tackle a person in a wheelchair.

Jones is a ST guy but I haven't seen him play the S position. I'd rather give him a shot than Martin, that's my point of view on it.

#8 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,317 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:29 PM

I've come to realize that the term "special teams ace" really means "not good enough to play my designated position". It's an overrated label.

#9 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,060 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:32 PM

I've come to realize that the term "special teams ace" really means "not good enough to play my designated position". It's an overrated label.

How is it overrated?

It seems to be an appropriate name for a player that's only good at special teams.

#10 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:40 PM

How is it overrated?

It seems to be an appropriate name for a player that's only good at special teams.

I agree, but I think we need more than the six special team aces that we already have to keep up with the rest of the league.

#11 NavyPF4L

NavyPF4L

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • LocationVirginia Beach, VA

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

Naka wasn't known for his speed, at least that from what I read. He was known for his 'sure' tackling. So far that's not true. I don't see Martin as an Improvement over Nakamura seeing that Martin can't tackle a person in a wheelchair.

Jones is a ST guy but I haven't seen him play the S position. I'd rather give him a shot than Martin, that's my point of view on it.

It wasn't really the guys tackling that was the issue that is making us replace him. It was his piss poor pass coverage and that's not to say he was even a good tackler... Honestly him and Martin are on par when it comes to tackling and if we tell Martin to do the same things that we did with naku then I believe he will do much better then last years performance. We just can't get cute with him. Keep it relatively simple.

#12 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

Wow it seems like Martin is the only player that takes a bad rap for last years defense. Why does everybody get a pass but him?

#13 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,298 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

Yea sure because I like aneurysms

#14 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,231 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

At this point i would like to see what DJ Campbell can do too. He cant be any worse then those too.

#15 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

That Beason guy isn't looking to good right now maybe we give Jansen a shot?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com