Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Tolbert

63 posts in this topic

Posted

Is it just me, or was anyone esle expecting more from Tolbert. He has run well when given the chance, but I've been unimpressed with his catching, or lack there of, out of the backfield. He's dropped a few key passes lately. I thought that he'd bring that Sproles effect out of the backfield, from the FB position. We obviously don't run a typical formation that uses a FB anymore but I expected more...

Posted

Yeah he has missed on some pretty key drive ending catches... Been wondering this myself.

Posted

He looks like he ate Sproles

8 people like this

Posted

He looks like he ate Sproles

Pfft, I wish, I'd feel better about the next Saints game.

Posted

Not impressed so far.

Nakamura on the other hand.

Posted

yeah.. I've kind of had that "I'm just here cashing in" vibe from him..

Posted

I'm disappointed in him, but it's still early and he's building a rapport with Cam. I'm equally disappointed with pass catching options not named Smith and Olsen.

Posted

I'd like to see Tolbert running more routes in the middle of the field, especially since Olsen has been playing exceptionally as of late and often times lined up as a wide receiver out wide. Having Tolbert running a slot/tightend route against linebackers is a matchup he could exploit.

Posted

I think what I'm surprised about is that they're really using him like a fullback. I thought that was just a smokescreen. Damn you, Chud, utilize your friggin' assets not named Cam.

Posted

I really don't know what it is, or why he's dropping so many passes. I don't recall him dropping many passes in SDC. Maybe, Chud has yet to find what fits him best. But I'd think that he'd already know that...

Posted

Cam has a lot more velocity on his passes than Rivers, perhaps he's still adjusting?

I expected our O to be our strong point and we're just not where we should be.

Posted

That drop he had over the middle on Sunday was killer