#1 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,625 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:23 PM

I'm glad he's getting his turn. It's time to utilize this guy in any way possible. I'd trust him more in the Wildcat than D-will. At least he can actually throw the ball.

On the throwing play I would have liked if he threw to Olsen instead of Smith. Olsen was coming open on his route. I lol'd at cam just standing there.

#2 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• HUDDLER
  • 12,590 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:30 PM

Armanti for team captain.

#3 Toolbox

Toolbox

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,053 posts
  • Locationnc

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:31 PM

incidental contact my ass

#4 Irv

Irv

Winner Best New Huddler

• HUDDLER
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:41 PM

Armanti edwards is yet another wonderful pick in the illustrious career or Marty hurny

#5 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,625 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:45 PM

Armanti edwards is yet another wonderful pick in the illustrious career or Marty hurny

I know. I can't blame Armanti though. It was Hurney that gave up waaaay to much for him. So really, it's not Armanti's fault.

#6 pilot2011

pilot2011

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:47 PM

not a bad pass... kind of wish we would do it more and let cam actually take a route to the endzone...at least it would be another look defenses have to prep for.

throwing a pass to cam on a go to the endzone would be money. Maybe run it right before a 2 minute warning or something to allow him to catch his wind during the break...yea Cam is the qb, but he is also 6'5 and the best athlete on the field.

Peppers did it. Why not Cam?

#7 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• HUDDLER
  • 12,590 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:52 PM

I for one was happy to see AE line up at QB for a brief period, I'm not sure why but was happy nonetheless.

#8 rdog157h

rdog157h

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:35 AM

The guys on "Bustin Loose" said it best, Why take out the best Wildcat player in the leauge and insert Edwards. That is a stupid play when you have Cam Newton under center!!

#9 VipMattMan

VipMattMan

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:09 AM

The guys on "Bustin Loose" said it best, Why take out the best Wildcat player in the leauge and insert Edwards. That is a stupid play when you have Cam Newton under center!!

Look at the way the Falcons played it. They all came up into the box to play run. Smith was left in single coverage, which he most likely wouldn't have been had Cam been back there. It was a good play call that caught the Falcons relatively off guard. It just didn't work out.

If we keep using Armanti to throw from time to time, teams will have to respect that a throw is a possibility and start double covering a receiver or two, which makes those inside wildcat runs a little more easy to work with.

We really don't want our star QB running up the gut on plays like that, and Armanti gives us a more robust Wildcat look than DeAngelo Williams does.

#10 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,799 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:17 AM

I like how Stockton called him a high school QB

#11 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,734 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:28 AM

Agree with Ivan, the only way the wildcat will be effective is if there is at least some threat that the ball could be thrown. When DWill lines up to take the snap, he's gonna run, period. No surprise there.

I'm not saying it should be done much, but it's possible... hell, Cam would be a hell of a receiver to with his athleticism, at least make the D consider it.

Otherwise, if Armanti isn't going to return punts, and is only going to play WR 1 or 2 plays a game, cut him and put someone else in there on Defense that can play more.

#12 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,471 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:30 AM

Otherwise, if Armanti isn't going to return punts, and is only going to play WR 1 or 2 plays a game, cut him and put someone else in there on Defense that can play more.

^^^^^ This. Read this Marty Hurney!

#13 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,645 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:37 AM

Agree with Ivan, the only way the wildcat will be effective is if there is at least some threat that the ball could be thrown. When DWill lines up to take the snap, he's gonna run, period. No surprise there.

I'm not saying it should be done much, but it's possible... hell, Cam would be a hell of a receiver to with his athleticism, at least make the D consider it.

conversely, armanti doesn't seem like much of a threat to run out of the wildcat either. I don't know who they think they're fooling.

#14 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• HUDDLER
  • 12,590 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:40 AM

I was more of a fan of cutting Jimmy and let AE play 3RD QB but after a long discussion on this matter here it's apparent AE could never be an NFL QB

#15 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,445 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:41 AM

Remember kids, if you want to stop a pass, just kick the feet out from under the WR.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.