Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Armanti Edwards plays from Sunday.

90 posts in this topic

Posted

Agree with Ivan, the only way the wildcat will be effective is if there is at least some threat that the ball could be thrown. When DWill lines up to take the snap, he's gonna run, period. No surprise there.

I'm not saying it should be done much, but it's possible... hell, Cam would be a hell of a receiver to with his athleticism, at least make the D consider it.

Otherwise, if Armanti isn't going to return punts, and is only going to play WR 1 or 2 plays a game, cut him and put someone else in there on Defense that can play more.

conversely, armanti doesn't seem like much of a threat to run out of the wildcat either. I don't know who they think they're fooling.

Posted

I was more of a fan of cutting Jimmy and let AE play 3RD QB but after a long discussion on this matter here it's apparent AE could never be an NFL QB

Posted

Remember kids, if you want to stop a pass, just kick the feet out from under the WR.

4 people like this

Posted

conversely, armanti doesn't seem like much of a threat to run out of the wildcat either. I don't know who they think they're fooling.

He's certainly more of a threat to run and throw than DWill is... and again, the wildcat is a fad and it's played out. Cam is much more effective by making the defense respect his running ability in the normal offense than the occasional trick play is...

I'd much rather line Cam, Tolbert and DWill up and run it conventionally more...

...and Kurb is right (as Jase was on Twitter Sunday) how that's not DPI on the guy covering Smith I'll never know... they didn't simply "get tangled up"...

Posted

^ yep, if he didn't trip smitty that's a sure fire TD.

so, lets blame the refs for the loss. Or the rule. Or something.

Posted

Armanti looked like a real football player there.

Posted

Great quickness by Edwards on the screen pass. I'll stand by what I said earlier, if he led Smith on the pass it would have been a TD. The way it was thrown, Smith would have had to stop and jump to catch the pass. He would have been tackled immediately if he caught it.

Posted

Chud has to utilize him. Even if it's 5-6 plays in the wildcat. He can throw the damn ball accurately. Honestly I'd like to see Cam catch a TD, he has the size and basically has a TE's body.

Posted

The guys on "Bustin Loose" said it best, Why take out the best Wildcat player in the leauge and insert Edwards. That is a stupid play when you have Cam Newton under center!!

This

Posted

Chud has to utilize him. Even if it's 5-6 plays in the wildcat. He can throw the damn ball accurately. Honestly I'd like to see Cam catch a TD, he has the size and basically has a TE's body.

Serves no point though....Cam Newton naturally presents what the wildcat gives you.

Posted

I like the play and, if he can deliver, I love the versatility of the limitless gimmic plays that AE can provide. Give the D's a lot to plan for . an all that jazz.

That being said, that throw wasn't very accurate. We are lucky it wasn't intercepted.

Posted

I like how Stockton called him a high school QB

about the same