Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We blitz'd Gamble on the 59-yard catch to lose us the game

33 posts in this topic

Posted

Two more questions spurred by this article...

1) Why do we have eight men in the box in that situation?

2) Why are we playing cover-2 zone?

Posted

Any coach that runs cover 2 late in a game needing to limit a big play needs to be fired directly after the game

You are giving away single coverage deep.

Got to play 2 / 3 Man Under in that situation.

Posted

lets move on

Posted

Obvious answer here, our dline pressured ryan all game, we ran cover 2 to cover the flats so ryan couldn't dump it off giving him more space to operate for a deep play. Yea it would've been smart to run man coveragein that situation, but giving the position thefalcons were in, we played it safe and was expecting our line to pressure him again. It was a good read by ryan noticing what coverage we were running and he took a shot downfield, which worked. Ultimately it was a good playcall by al OC, and ryan chose the right guy to throw at in the situation.

Posted

lets move on

...from Sean McDermott.

Posted

There's no excuse at all not to have your best CB on White's and Julio's side

1 person likes this

Posted

We had two defenders facing one receiver, Nakamura was in a perfect position to make a play had he only aimed to knock it away instead of going for the int. (same thing in the TD...).

If I remember correctly it even look that we adjusted on the deep resposibility to Norman on the play. I think the correct play was called, it was just not executed.

1 person likes this

Posted

McDermott is still learning like Rivera!

Posted

i said this in another thread that we where playing cover 2 because Norman passed the deep route on to the safety but stayed underneath because nothing else threatened him in his zone. he got depth to help out the FS which still got burnt. but why play cover 2 with 59 seconds left, knowing they would probably attack the deep zone were your safetys have been getting beat all game?

that makes no sense.

1 person likes this

Posted

Falcons fans love that we are still talking about last week's game instead of the one coming up.

Its Wednesday people.

Posted

Lots of things I dont get about this defense. Common sense things.

Posted

Falcons fans love that we are still talking about last week's game instead of the one coming up.

Its Wednesday people.

I am getting plenty of laughs out of this. They just need to give it up. Falcons and Panther play again in a few weeks