- - - - -

What would this place look like if we went for it on 4th and 1?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

#16 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,384 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:11 AM

And got stuffed. Giving ATL the ball on our side of the side of the field with 1:40 left, to either run clock and kick a FG or even score a TD.

It was tough to go out with the hail mary pass but we really made the right call IMO. And how about the punt by Nortman and effort by Pilares?

What are your thoughts on this?

we were on the atlanta side of the 50 and had we gone for it and failed they would have had about 1:10 left with the ball around their own 45.

if you're going to argue in favor of dumb poo like punting the ball to a team that has absolutely torched your defense when a 1 yard rush wins the fuging game and a failure to convert doesn't end the game (and oh yeah out of 35 rush attempts, only 3 went for negative yards, -4 total, and overall the team averaged 5.7 yards per rush) then at least try not to bullshit about verifiable details like that

punting is the correct call if your defense is more capable of making a stop than your offense is of picking up one yard on one try. in case you haven't noticed this defense plays like poo mostly and we have a goddamn physical freak at qb and about $80 million tied up in running backs who were allegedly signed to win games for us but nah let's put the game in the hands of such dudes as nakamura, a rookie corner, and an actual smurf at nickel because one yard to win the game is far too stressful of a situation for my delicate sensibilities and also suddenly i have no faith in my defense to make a stop if the 4th down try fails

#17 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,998 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:14 AM

i was convinced when they lined up on 4th and 1 that they were going to surprise snap the ball and suckerpunch the falcons for the first down and the game.

but no.

#18 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,723 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:43 AM

I guess the Panthers need to hire some of the cats from this forum cause ya'll sure seem to know more about football than our coaches and players. No matter how you slice it, if we lost we were gonna hear all this crap. I could understand if we got beat again like on last thursday. But we fought hard and made the best week to week turn around I've ever seen a team complete. Be mad cause we lost, yeah. But all this talk is stupid. The season is early and we showed a vast improvement going forward. thats what a team should want to see. The coaches took a gamble and it didn't pay off. But at least we were there this time and not 4 quarters behind. Hate if ya'll want to but I 'm sticking by my coaches and players. Go Panthers and Fu## the rest!!!!!

#19 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:47 AM

way past the 24 hour rule.

Lets move on.

Well I finally was able to get on here after 3 days of trying - lost my old password, dont have access to my old e mail account- lost all my pie - boo hoo to me -

I think the one comment I heard from Beason sums it up best about the 24 hour rule on this one - he said this one is going to be very tough to get over. the last game I felt this way about was when we were in the superbowl - and it suprised me cause going into this past Sundays game I was pretty damn meh about it.

#20 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,307 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:25 AM

Can't speak for everyone else, but yes I could have lived with it.

I hate the whole 'try and draw em off' stunt. It hardly ever works.

#21 Fan01

Fan01

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:39 AM

Let me see. Being aggressive going for it on 4th and 1 would have been the right call but being aggressive and bringing pressure with your opponet on their own 1 yard line with no time outs was crazy stupid?

Rivera can't win for losing. If he'd have went for it on 4th and 1 everyone would be just as upset pointing out other coaches who did the same thing and got stuffed. Generally spinning it the other way. If we play prevent defense on that last drive and Ryan picks us apart and ATL kicks a long fieldgoal for the win fans will just scream about why we didn't bring any pressure or blitz Ryan. Especially since we'd been doing it all day.

#22 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:14 PM

we were on the atlanta side of the 50 and had we gone for it and failed they would have had about 1:10 left with the ball around their own 45.

if you're going to argue in favor of dumb poo like punting the ball to a team that has absolutely torched your defense when a 1 yard rush wins the fuging game and a failure to convert doesn't end the game (and oh yeah out of 35 rush attempts, only 3 went for negative yards, -4 total, and overall the team averaged 5.7 yards per rush) then at least try not to bullshit about verifiable details like that

punting is the correct call if your defense is more capable of making a stop than your offense is of picking up one yard on one try. in case you haven't noticed this defense plays like poo mostly and we have a goddamn physical freak at qb and about $80 million tied up in running backs who were allegedly signed to win games for us but nah let's put the game in the hands of such dudes as nakamura, a rookie corner, and an actual smurf at nickel because one yard to win the game is far too stressful of a situation for my delicate sensibilities and also suddenly i have no faith in my defense to make a stop if the 4th down try fails

9 hurries, 7 sacks, and a pick. They were not getting torched all game, we gave up one HUGE play and most of it was Nakamura's fault.

#23 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,200 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:18 PM

FIRE RIVERA

WHY THE fug WOULD YOU GO FOR IT AGAINST A TOP TIER OFFENSE IN THEIR OWN HOME

ALL THEY NEEDED WAS ONE COMPLETION TO GET INTO FIELD GOAL RANGE

poo EATING BITCH ASS COCKSUCKER MOTHERfugER

pretty much this, i could probably think of a few more but i dont care enough. next game is next

#24 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,200 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:20 PM

i guess the previous 3 and out gave the staff enough confidence. you know, the last possession Atl had, that 3 and out?

#25 Monday Night Shyamalan

Monday Night Shyamalan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationHollyweird, CA

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:21 PM

Posted Image

#26 Monday Night Shyamalan

Monday Night Shyamalan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationHollyweird, CA

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:24 PM

I agree with the decision to punt, 57 seconds with no timeouts ... purely an error by Nakamura.

#27 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,419 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:27 PM

Let's not also forget that we have another $100 million tied up in a left tackle and center, plus a left guard who was suppsosedly special enough that we took him in the 2nd round despite a litany of needs on defense. We have spent a lot of money on parts of a team that are to supposed to wreck poo on 3rd/4th and short.

#28 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,630 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:30 PM

Half of our fans at the least are brain dead morons to think that the punt has anything to do with why we lost. It's just stupid. If we go for it maybe we win. If we punt it well especially that well it would have to take the biggest screw up known to man on defense to lose the game. oh looka there that's what happened. Stop whining about the call to go for it. PLACE EVERY BIT OF BLAME ON NAKAMURA .. you'll feel better about it this week when Sherrod is starting.

#29 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,161 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:52 PM

what if we had gone for it on 4th and 1, trusting our offense like we should have and gotten that 1 yard. how would this place have been?

how easy would it have been to make that last minute and a half run off the clock?

#30 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,384 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:47 PM

i guess the previous 3 and out gave the staff enough confidence. you know, the last possession Atl had, that 3 and out?

oh yeah that one where julio jones was a hair away from hauling in a 50 yard bomb over the top of our fuging awful secondary? that one?

get the fug out of here with that weak poo. we were incredibly lucky to "force" a 3 and out on that drive and you either don't remember the game very well or you're being deliberately disingenuous.

yeah i guess the 27 points and 400+ yards allowed gave this staff all the confidence they needed right? seriously just get the fug out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com