- - - - -

What would this place look like if we went for it on 4th and 1?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#31 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:17 PM

oh yeah that one where julio jones was a hair away from hauling in a 50 yard bomb over the top of our fuging awful secondary? that one?

get the fug out of here with that weak poo. we were incredibly lucky to "force" a 3 and out on that drive and you either don't remember the game very well or you're being deliberately disingenuous.

yeah i guess the 27 points and 400+ yards allowed gave this staff all the confidence they needed right? seriously just get the fug out

So, why don't you tell us how you really feel?

3 and out, is 3 and out. Does not matter how those plays unfolded. Just because you are butthurt does not mean you can rearrange facts to suit your pissdom.

Ah, nevermind. Fap away.

#32 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:33 PM

People wouldnt went NUTS, and now have a better reason why to fire Rivera.
Trust me! as much as I hate Rivera now, the man made the fu(king correct call.
Any smart coach wouldve punt it also.

#33 google larry davis

google larry davis

fleet-footed poster

HUDDLER

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:08 AM

So, why don't you tell us how you really feel?

3 and out, is 3 and out. Does not matter how those plays unfolded. Just because you are butthurt does not mean you can rearrange facts to suit your pissdom.

Ah, nevermind. Fap away.

julio jones straight up torched the secondary on that play. no "rearranging facts" necessary. matt ryan had ~300 yards before the final drive. the falcons had already scored 27 points. we needed one yard to win the game. our secondary is pretty bad. we have cam newton under center. we have a poo ton of cap space invested in the running game. rivera blinked and you support it.

also, from another thread:

Did Rivera really doubt his team's ability to convert after they "failed" to convert on third down? That seems impossibly short-sighted, especially considering Newton actually made it past the sticks before having the ball knocked out of his hands. Since Newton arrived in town, the Panthers have faced third- or fourth-and-1 on 24 occasions. They've converted on 21 of those 24 opportunities.

that's 87.5% of the time. if i told you that you have an 87.5% chance of winning the game outright (and even if you do not convert you still have the lead and an opportunity to win) or you could just give the ball to the falcons and let them control their own fate, and you chose to punt, then idk what to tell you other than LOL

#34 IGSaint

IGSaint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:12 AM

People wouldnt went NUTS, and now have a better reason why to fire Rivera.
Trust me! as much as I hate Rivera now, the man made the fu(king correct call.
Any smart coach wouldve punt it also.

No he didn't make the correct call otherwise we'd have the W.