#46 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:25 AM

It may be too late for Marty Hurney to turn things around. His seat is growing really hot.

#47 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,687 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:08 AM

It may be too late for Marty Hurney to turn things around. His seat is growing really hot.

To be fair we really don't know how hot his seat is with the organization. The fans are in an uproar but there's only one person Hurney has to be really worried about and we really don't know if he supports the decisions being made or not.

I hope he's feeling some pressure from upstairs but they'll never tell us if he is.

#48 Silent Majority

Silent Majority

Fuggin' Panther Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 2,883 posts
  • LocationPrinceton, freaking, New Jersey.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:22 AM

Injuries, injuries! Wait 'til next year!

#49 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,535 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:23 AM

Mac asked Hurney if he had a lifetime contract and if he was a puppet for JR. Marty said he doesn't even have a contract, but not sure if he meant that literally.

I've been tryin to tell everyone he doesn't have a contract.. lol

#50 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:28 AM

Tell me if Im mistaken but I thought JR picked Cam?

and this is just me speculating but all the big contracts last year seemed to be JR proving he wasnt the cheapskate he was painted to be in Foxes last year.

#51 iampantherman

iampantherman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:30 AM

Hurney can't see the forest for the trees. It's hard to identify the problem when YOU are the problem.

#52 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,535 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:30 AM

I fear that Jerry has a lot to do with personnel decisions. He's not up front about it like Jerry Jones, but I think he gives the final go ahead. I think Marty is an average gm, but I still don't see him pulling the trigger on the Armanti boondoggle. I do think Marty had everything to do with trading up for Otah and Everette Brown.

JR telling Fox he better win back to back winning seasons or he's getting the axe had everything to do with Otah and Brown... Obviously Hurney signs off on what the coach wants so he is to blame as well..

The Otah pick itself wasn't bad.. BUT we could have taken Otah and Rice/Forte instead of Stewart...

#53 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,302 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:41 AM

I've been tryin to tell everyone he doesn't have a contract.. lol

this was discussed quite a bit a couple years ago. he's been working without a contract for several years and part of it is because he hasn't signed the one that JR gave him and that has been sitting on his desk.

i think he said it has something to do with loyalty to JR.

#54 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,302 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:42 AM

Tell me if Im mistaken but I thought JR picked Cam?

and this is just me speculating but all the big contracts last year seemed to be JR proving he wasnt the cheapskate he was painted to be in Foxes last year.

JR gave the ok, but he didn't pick him.

#55 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,302 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:49 AM

JR telling Fox he better win back to back winning seasons or he's getting the axe had everything to do with Otah and Brown... Obviously Hurney signs off on what the coach wants so he is to blame as well..

The Otah pick itself wasn't bad.. BUT we could have taken Otah and Rice/Forte instead of Stewart...

not going to talk about the otah/stewart picks, but the only time that JR really got involved was when he gave the fox ultimatum...win back to back seasons trying to do it your way or we're going to scrap it and start over fresh with younger players.

#56 44johnson

44johnson

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:55 AM

Marty took it like a man. I hope he learns from his mistakes and becomes a better GM.

#57 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:03 AM

This is a big reason why I am not as down and out on Hurney as everyone else. When looking at just the record its totally understandable why he is ultimately to blame for the results. If you try to be objective and understand why we have a had a losing record and dig deeper its much more than just his personell decisions.

In the interview they even gave him some chance's to poo blame to Rivera, which he declined to do obviously.

Sunday was a tough loss but it at least proved that this "roster" is capable of doing much better than the record suggest. I have more beef with Hurney's decison on coaches than players than I do at this point. Either way he is held accountable for wins and losses at the end of the day. So I can not defend him from that standpoint. .

I personally think the Head Coach and GM'S should be held accountable equally as their success or failure is directly tied in together and would not have thrown a fit if we fired Hurney when we fired Fox.

#58 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,397 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:06 AM

LOL 15 mins in studio.
Marty got the F out of dodge.

LOOOOOOOLL!!!!

#59 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,785 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:11 AM

Wow that was surprisingly tense. Straight up questions...especially with the one about Sorenson and Hurney's role as a puppet haha

Hurney's answer everytime was basically: "You know, I agree with you...but I also don't and here's why"

#60 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,397 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:13 AM

LMAO!! This thread is hilarious.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com