Photo
- - - - -

Marty Hurney interview on WFNZ @ 8:45a

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
134 replies to this topic

#85 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:06 PM

@billvoth
#Panthers FS Sherrod Martin says he's not starting Sunday and nothing changed with reps at practice.

Unacceptable

Makes sense to start Nakamura against one of the worse pass offenses in the league right? After the Seahawks have a poor passing day, Rivera can come back and say "Hey guys look, he's improving."

#86 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:08 PM

He was solid till around 2007.
Then the fuging wheels starting falling off.

IMO he made his living off the backs of Steve Smith (another GM), Moose (another GM), Jenkins (another GM), Morgan (another GM), Peppers (no brainer pick), etc.....

#87 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

HUDDLER

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:08 PM

They'll make sure Nakamura doesn't fail, by totally taking him out of the play, like they have in the first 3 weeks.

#88 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

HUDDLER

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:11 PM

Millen was fired due to angry fans holding a protest. I swear, every day I get closer and closer to writing that letter to JR. Maybe you Charlotte boys could organize a protest of sorts. JR will do nothing until someone gets in HIS face. And to date, I bet not one person has. Ok, maybe his sons. Oops.

I wrote a letter after the Chicago game in 2010 and got a call from Danny Morrison on "behalf of JR". I expressed my extreme displeasure with the cheapness of the team, the way home field is dominated by opposing fans, etc. Then, the great businessman that is Danny Morrison smooth talked me into saying "Thank you Big Danny, may I have another." and had me bowing at his feet by the end of the call. He pretty much pwnd me.

#89 CLEARHOT

CLEARHOT

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:12 PM

@billvoth
#Panthers FS Sherrod Martin says he's not starting Sunday and nothing changed with reps at practice.

Unacceptable

Unreal...What's the deffinition of "insanity" again?

#90 wesley17

wesley17

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:16 PM

http://charlotte.cbs...d=CBS.CHARLOTTE

#91 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

Moderators

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

What would help not exposing Nak as such a liability in coverage would be to QUIT PLAYING A F*CKING ZONE. When will McDerpit learn? The Giants torched it, Atlanta torched it, and any other team that watches film on us and has a competent QB will torch it.

He's f*cking braindead.

If we played 2 man under, and leave Nak as literally the "last line of defense" in helping the corners, we wouldn't have saw what happened Sunday.

He should never be in one-on-one coverage. NEVER. EVER.

Even when they did the highlights on NFLN and showed that first TD to White where Nak flailed around and fell over, Marshall Faulk immediately said, "You put that safety in the box, and you don't ever take him out." If he's gonna be out there, that's how it will have to be, or playing man with the safeties 2 deep, that's the only way we will ever WIN on defense as of now.

#92 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

Moderators

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:27 PM

And after listening to that interview...

LOL.

They really did ask him much tougher questions than usual. And I'm convinced that was Hurney facepalming after the game in Rivera's post game video now.

And, I think Hurney reads the huddle regularly.

#93 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

HUDDLER

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:28 PM

What would help not exposing Nak as such a liability in coverage would be to QUIT PLAYING A F*CKING ZONE. When will McDerpit learn? The Giants torched it, Atlanta torched it, and any other team that watches film on us and has a competent QB will torch it.

He's f*cking braindead.

If we played 2 man under, and leave Nak as literally the "last line of defense" in helping the corners, we wouldn't have saw what happened Sunday.

He should never be in one-on-one coverage. NEVER. EVER.

Even when they did the highlights on NFLN and showed that first TD to White where Nak flailed around and fell over, Marshall Faulk immediately said, "You put that safety in the box, and you don't ever take him out." If he's gonna be out there, that's how it will have to be, or playing man with the safeties 2 deep, that's the only way we will ever WIN on defense as of now.

Yeah I heard that too. Either that or they're going to have Gamble and Norman switch sides, which they did some on Sunday.

#94 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

HUDDLER

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:29 PM

I wrote a letter after the Chicago game in 2010 and got a call from Danny Morrison on "behalf of JR". I expressed my extreme displeasure with the cheapness of the team, the way home field is dominated by opposing fans, etc. Then, the great businessman that is Danny Morrison smooth talked me into saying "Thank you Big Danny, may I have another." and had me bowing at his feet by the end of the call. He pretty much pwnd me.

Damn. You can't even get to The Man. Gots to sneak the letter in and hand deliver it. Are there any attractive women on this forum? Dress slutty, say you have a "special delivery" for JR. You'll be let right in. Then BOOM SHAKALAKA, slap that letter on his desk.

#95 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
Guests

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:31 PM

I like Hurney - I think he is taking too much of the blame for players misteps due to poor coaching.

#96 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

Moderators

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:31 PM

Yeah I heard that too. Either that or they're going to have Gamble and Norman switch sides, which they did some on Sunday.

Yeah, I made that point in one of the post-game threads as well... The thing that stood out to me throughout the game was all of the talking Nak was doing with Norman after they gave up a pass. It's clear our guys struggle with the zone concept and gamedays aren't the time to work out the kinks. They don't know when to pass off their guy to the next and the next guy doesn't know when to pick them up... At least that's how it appears with Nak and Norman.

They can't have two first year starters on the same side, at the very least. I still wish we would just limit zone as much as possible. It hasn't done us any favors thus far and some of our personnel has shown that they aren't capable of effectively playing that style of defense.