134 replies to this topic

#106 SnowFlyHigh

SnowFlyHigh

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:26 PM

The 3 years thing is a bunch of poo. You can tell if a player is going to be good within a year or two. We have 4 starters out of this draft barring injuries.

We shall see. I am rooting for them to succeed but I cant say it was a good draft after 4 games. They have flashed I especially like Alexander.

#107 SnowFlyHigh

SnowFlyHigh

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:31 PM

Overall from this interview Hurney sounds frustrated and its a race to who gets fired first. My guess is Hurney will lay it down to Rivera he better shape up or ship out. He basically agreed with everyone in he wished Rivera went for it on 4th and 1 and the fact that Luke is one of the better coverage LB but he is subbed out on passing downs i mean look at his 1st NFL game this preseason how many picks did he have?

#108 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,583 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:30 AM

It was the most emotional interview I have ever heard from him.On one hand he stated he was accountable but seemed defensive with each specific question that was ask of him.I would have like to have heard him take accountability on the talent he has or in his case has not assembled to be a team in contention for a playoff spot.He appeared as he did not know where he has gone wrong or what he was going to do to fix it.I get the feeling unless we have a major turnaround this season he will be gone.

#109 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:34 AM

It was probably the most emotional I've ever heard him and I believe he meant every word he said. I appreciate the fire and honesty...I also appreciate not being fed a line of platitudes.

Unfortunately it does not earn him any good will with me. We have replaced virtually every part of this organization since he's been here. He's next up and I hope he doesn't have a whole lot of rope to hang himself with...because if the problem does ultimately boil down to him I don't want to put up with it any longer.

#110 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,469 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:59 AM

We shall see. I am rooting for them to succeed but I cant say it was a good draft after 4 games. They have flashed I especially like Alexander.

Look back and notice all those players that needed 3 years did not pan out. Even Hurney has jumped off that band wagon as apparent by cutting McClain after one year. Every player that made it contributed there first year.

#111 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,583 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:00 AM

I listen to the mac attack everyday, its the only sports show in charlotte worth the time listing to.. Those guys did a great job with that interview. Marty did feel more tense than usual. I think he has finally realized some of his personel dicision were mistakes and he can feel his seat gettng hotter. Especially with that nation wide article that came out about him

Still talking about the interview on the Bustin Loose show. Frank Garcia is showing him or JR any mercy.

#112 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,583 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:04 AM

Millen was fired due to angry fans holding a protest. I swear, every day I get closer and closer to writing that letter to JR. Maybe you Charlotte boys could organize a protest of sorts. JR will do nothing until someone gets in HIS face. And to date, I bet not one person has. Ok, maybe his sons. Oops.

May have to boycott Bojangles

#113 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,583 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:10 AM

Overall I think Hurney is a good GM... sure we've missed big on some 2nd and 3rd round picks, but his track record in the 1st round is excellent.

I understand and agree with the philosophy of building through the draft, but the key word is "building". We're not only building through the draft, we're depending on mid-to-late round draft picks to start and contribute right away at key positions.

Josh Norman is the most recent example of this, he's clearly not ready to be in a starting role and it's not fair to expect a 5th round pick from a D2 program to be able to start in the NFL right away. The guy he beat for the job was drafted in the 7th round (IIRC) and thrown to the wolves in a starting role.

I understand Ken Lucas didn't work out so well, but we went too far in the other direction. We should be building through the draft and acquiring vet FA talent to buy us some time while our drafted talent develops. We're doing this at the DT position (not by choice, but by desperation). Guys like Ron and Dwan Edwards of perfect examples of reasonably priced vet FA's who can buy us time while we develop our drafted players... we need to find some guys like this for the secondary. Nakamura doesn't count, he was a career backup and we honestly had no idea what we were getting @ FS when we signed him, both Ron and Dwan were established contributors at their position.

Under the current system, we're in constant rebuilding mode... always depending on the development of rookies at key positions. How many years of Cam's career will we waste while we fumble around trying to get rookies to contribute at key positions?

How can you be a good GM with the win loss record he has put together? That is totally on him.He is one of the worst GM's in the NFL.At the end of the day its not about building through the draft or any of that BS it is about winning and giving value to the fans.Its about being consistent. Hell we have the worst record in the NFL for putting together winning seasons.If you cannot put two winning seasons together find another career

#114 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

May have to boycott Bojangles

I can't boycott Bojangles until there are Popeyes here somewhere other than Concord Mills!

KFC / Church's are terrible and Price's Chicken Coop is too far away :(

#115 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,096 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:15 AM

Wish I could have heard this. Hurney and Rivera both should be feeling the heat.

#116 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,190 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:24 AM

Wish I could have heard this. Hurney and Rivera both should be feeling the heat.

You still can listen to it as a podcast...see below

http://charlotte.cbs...d=CBS.CHARLOTTE

#117 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,958 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

How can you be a good GM with the win loss record he has put together? That is totally on him.He is one of the worst GM's in the NFL.At the end of the day its not about building through the draft or any of that BS it is about winning and giving value to the fans.Its about being consistent. Hell we have the worst record in the NFL for putting together winning seasons.If you cannot put two winning seasons together find another career

So the coaching staff has no responsibility for our W/L record?

Hurney buys the groceries, the coaching staff cooks the meal... if the meal is bad, some of the blame has to fall on the cook.

Hurney is at fault, but it's not his fault alone.

#118 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,257 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:12 PM

It was the most emotional interview I have ever heard from him.On one hand he stated he was accountable but seemed defensive with each specific question that was ask of him.I would have like to have heard him take accountability on the talent he has or in his case has not assembled to be a team in contention for a playoff spot.He appeared as he did not know where he has gone wrong or what he was going to do to fix it.I get the feeling unless we have a major turnaround this season he will be gone.

I don't think him taking the blame but still being defensive is that unusual.. He made decisions he thought was right, successful or not. We as fans get to point the finger but any one of us would still try to make sense to everyone why we did what we did, despite any negative results..

#119 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,631 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:52 AM

Wow, that interview was horrible.

They ask a question, he basically says.

" I understand the criticism, we're 1-3. I understand the frustration. The bottom line we need to win games. We are supposed to win games. I understand."

That's it. Damn it Hurney...

#120 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:10 AM

Has Hurney been named co-owner yet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.