Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keys to Victory - Seahawks at Panthers

80 posts in this topic

Posted

After watching all four games and the preseason, I think part of the problem for the defense is the focus on takeaways. Instead of making the tackle when a running back is stopped, most of the defensive backs are only trying to get a takeaway. That lead to the problems defending the running game in all of our games.

Posted

two very inconsistent teams...too hard to know what might happen.

I remember the last time the Hawks were in Charlotte and it was a snoozer

that was the sludgy game in 2007 that was a scoreless tie until the fourth quarter right?

also matt moore's first career start iirc. it was something of an upset because the seahawks were cruising to their 700th straight NFC west title and the panthers had lost 5 or 6 of the last 7 games at that point.

Posted

Carroll (in todays Seattle paper) saying he's sticking with Wilson for the start Sunday, over Matt Flynn....which means gobs of people wearing NCSU shirts pulling for the 'Hawks.....Hope I'm wrong. Cats are pizzed.....

Carolina 31

Seattle 17

Posted

#1 Key To Victory.......

GO FOR IT WHEN THE FUGGIN GAME IS ON THE LINE!!!!!!!

Posted

Carroll (in todays Seattle paper) saying he's sticking with Wilson for the start Sunday, over Matt Flynn....which means gobs of people wearing NCSU shirts pulling for the 'Hawks.....Hope I'm wrong. Cats are pizzed.....

Carolina 31

Seattle 17

i got this little suspicion that at the last moment flynn will get the ok to start....or if things aren't going their way that wilson will get pulled and flynn will step in.

i'm not really crazy about that at all but we really don't have a good record against backup or replacement QBs.

Posted

#1 Key To Victory.......

GO FOR IT WHEN THE FUGGIN GAME IS ON THE LINE!!!!!!!

And if we didnt make that 4th &1, what would've been said. We put them on the one yard line. The odds were against the Falcons getting down field.

Posted

And if we dudnt make that 4th &1, what would've been said. We put them on the one yard line. The odds were against the Falcons of getting down field.

what was the guarantee that we would put them on the 1?

Posted

next sunday is going to be a 3 hour long marshawn lynch highlight reel.

from rotoworld...

Coach Pete Carroll said Marshawn Lynch "continues to just be rock solid for us."

So far, the Seahawks are thrilled with their $31 million investment. Due in part to an inept passing game, they've run the ball 56 percent of the time overall and 66 percent on first downs. Despite that predictability, Lynch is averaging a healthy 4.59 yards per carry and leads the league in rushing yards. He figures to pad his stats in a dream matchup against the Panthers Sunday.

some of you have way too much faith in stopping a guy who's only goal is to not be stopped.

Posted

what was the guarantee that we would put them on the 1?

There wasn't. But if you don't make the converion, you would be giving them the ball near mid-field. If you punt they have to drive farther with less time. Hindsight is 20/20. Looking back on the result we souldve went for it. But if we would've went for it and didn't make it, everyone would be screaming we should've punted.

Posted

from rotoworld...

some of you have way too much faith in stopping a guy who's only goal is to not be stopped.

what does his goal have to do with anything?

Posted

what does his goal have to do with anything?

as if there are any running backs who have a goal of being stopped anyway.

Posted

And if we didnt make that 4th &1, what would've been said. We put them on the one yard line. The odds were against the Falcons getting down field.

Your saying our 6'5" QB cant get 1 yard? Quit playing the what if game...... When you need a win, the ball shouldnt be in the other teams hands.