79 replies to this topic

#61 markbm62

markbm62

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:17 PM

What I would like to see is some pissed off Panther football, no more finesse play calling, no more prevent defense. Let’s see some smash them in the face old time football and if we lose at least they will know they were in a game. Another thing I would like to see is coach Rivera open up a little more, a little more fired up, not Rex Ryan type but somewhere in the middle.

#62 CLEARHOT

CLEARHOT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In NC

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

I'll ask again: who is the better QB? Cam or Rogers?

I'll check back later I gotta go lay out my Seahawks jersey for Sunday.

Be sure and grab your Romo jersey too...we play Dall-ass after the bye ;)

#63 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,756 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:48 PM

This is a classic shoot yourself in the foot game for the Panthers. We have to make them play from behind but their strengths are our weaknesses and our coaches are too inept to gameplan to exploit their weaknesses, too stubborn to leave the gimmicks where they belong for even one game. Chud will continue to try to ram the read-option down their throats and I doubt it will work as well as Power I's would. This is a winnable game but the Panthers are blackbelts in the art of giving away "winnable" games.

#64 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

I'll ask again: who is the better QB? Cam or Rogers?

I'll check back later I gotta go lay out my Seahawks jersey for Sunday.

Rogers is ATM, but that wasn't what he was saying. He said the seaguls haven't faced a QB like Cam. And they haven't. Cam is much more mobile than any they've faced to date. On a side note Greenbay hasn't looked to be the same team as last year. There best game so far has been against the Saints.

#65 Firefox

Firefox

This Board Rocks

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:51 PM

If Panthers come out as strong as Romney, IT'S A WIN !!!!!!

#66 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:03 PM

If Panthers come out as strong as Romney, IT'S A WIN !!!!!!

GTFOH with that crap! This is a football forum! Put it in the right spot.

#67 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

Taking a closer look, their weakness appears to be stopping third down conversions, where they rank 24th in the league.

and we rank 22nd in 3rd down conversions
ugh, this isn't gonna be pretty

#68 CAVSS

CAVSS

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:28 PM

So far this year we have lost to teams with a superior D line. Im worried. This is winnable but it will be on the Coaching staff to call the right plays. Hopefully our O-line continues to improve.

And dont forget they play a mobile QB every day in practice. I doubt we catch them completely unprepared for it.

#69 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,355 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:34 PM

So far this year we have lost to teams with a superior D line. Im worried. This is winnable but it will be on the Coaching staff to call the right plays. Hopefully our O-line continues to improve.

And dont forget they play a mobile QB every day in practice. I doubt we catch them completely unprepared for it.

And this game should then finally shut the few up who dont think Stewart and his threat impact a teams overall defensive gameplan.

Gameplan for a D isn't to have their DL go all out and rush the QB with a fully healthy Car lineup.

#70 CAVSS

CAVSS

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:06 AM

I dont fully understand that either. At least not if we were to use Tolbert in the same capacity that we use Stew. Not saying he is as capable of a runner but he is certainly tough between the tackles. He would still force them to respect our power running capabilities.

#71 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,833 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:19 AM

Keys to victory?

Coaches- Grow a pair.

Players- Execute.

Simple as that.

#72 Care-Oh-Linuh

Care-Oh-Linuh

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • LocationKannapolis, NC

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:46 AM

That same QB didn't convert a 4th &1 in the Bucs game

So when did our D suddenly gain your trust?

#73 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,024 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:29 AM

Your saying our 6'5" QB cant get 1 yard? Quit playing the what if game...... When you need a win, the ball shouldnt be in the other teams hands.

He didn't get it on the play before. Well, he did get it, but then fumbled it away. Fwiw, I would have liked to see Stewart run it on 3-1 instead of Newton. Just as likely to pick up 1 yard, and less likely to fumble.

#74 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,776 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:58 AM

I'd like to see a healthy dose of Stewie and quick passes to Smitty and Olsen for moderate chunks. They're D is rock solid, but if we can keep the 1st and 2nd downs to positive gains, we can chew up the clock and move the ball.

Don't get cute, just run the damn ball. We have so much invested in 4 more than capable runners. Stew is the perfect RB for this, too. DWill gets stopped at the line too much and his home run threat is negated by that in this game.

Coaches please don't fug this one up

#75 Kick

Kick

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:59 PM

Let A. Smith (#36) play. This is crunch time and he is very impressive in moving the play down field, which is a move we need more of.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers, Seattle Seahawks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com