#16 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,956 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:28 PM

I thought Andrew Luck was the next Peyton.

#17 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,908 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:10 PM

The latest from Yahoo: Air Raid's Greatest Disciple

The Air Raid offense does not work from an inches-thick playbook. But it requires a quarterback who can think on his own, and quickly – probably the biggest difference between what Holgorsen and others are doing today from what Mumme was doing in the 1990s is tempo. Huddles are for stallers in today's Air Raid.

So a quarterback like Smith, who has a perfectionist streak and a penchant for preparedness, suits the system well. Especially if he also has abundant physical gifts.

"He loves the game of football," Holgorsen said. "I've never been around a guy who has just developed his entire game like him. His confidence is at an all-time high. Physically he's better, he's bigger, he's faster, he's stronger. Escapability in the pocket is unbelievable, arm strength, accuracy.

"He's a student of the game. Very cerebral."

On a teleconference this week, Smith said, "I can make every throw. That's not a cocky statement or anything like that, that's just how I am." What he really wanted to brag about was the work he's put in from the neck up.

"I'm all about the mental aspect of the game," he said. "That's what puts me ahead, I think."

Smith is so far ahead of his quarterback competition that it's a one-man Heisman Trophy discussion right now. His current passer rating is 208.4, far exceeding the NCAA record of 191.7 Russell Wilson set last season. The quarterback Smith will compete with Saturday, Texas' David Ash, is a distant second nationally at 184.

#18 kdrh5

kdrh5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:08 PM

The West Virginia fans on this board are shameless homers, as evidenced by their ridiculous "draft Owen Schmidt/Pat White" movements of years past . That being said, Smith is a top-15 pick.

#19 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • 3,637 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:03 PM

He was showing signs of this at the back end of last season and he's grown and become even better. I also agree that he'll be a star but I think Barkley is going #1QB taken(not necessarily because he's better). Geno definitely should be #2 taken.(assuming MB goes 1st)

#20 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,695 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:27 PM

The West Virginia fans on this board are shameless homers, as evidenced by their ridiculous "draft Owen Schmidt/Pat White" movements of years past . That being said, Smith is a top-15 pick.

Schmitt is still playing in the NFL. White I said would be a project qb. He needed to sit 3 years
Learn pro style offense and bulk up. We will never know what could have been.
I also wanted darius reynaud. He was st player of the week this past week.

But yes I am a big WVU homer. But like you said Smith will be top 15.
But I think he will be better than barkley in the NFL. He's just to good even in games wvu loses
He puts up big numbers.

#21 Hawkfanadam

Hawkfanadam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationVancouver, Washington

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:32 PM

He's not the next Peyton Manning, but I think he's the 2nd or 3rd best prospect at QB coming out this year. Great player, NOT comparable to White. lol

#22 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,881 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

I think he is a better prospect than Barkley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com