21 replies to this topic

#16 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:24 AM

The best 1-3 team is the Detroit Lions. The Steelers are 1-2 and have the Eagles next.

Panthers win/loss record means nothing. The team plays a horrible style of football that doesn't work. Tough breaks will go away at some point during a season. Incompetence will not. This team has the wrong personnel. The last few drafts have left the defense at an amateur level and the coaches just don't seem to have any grasp of game management.

Panthers have no identity.

#17 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:01 AM

What are the stats for a 1-4 team?

Ruh Roh

Must win?

#18 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,021 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:46 AM

Except our schedule is hard as hell. If we would've just won that damn Bucs game like we were suppose too..

...along with the atlanta game like they were supposed to.

#19 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:38 AM

The best 1-3 team is the Detroit Lions. The Steelers are 1-2 and have the Eagles next.

Panthers win/loss record means nothing. The team plays a horrible style of football that doesn't work. Tough breaks will go away at some point during a season. Incompetence will not. This team has the wrong personnel. The last few drafts have left the defense at an amateur level and the coaches just don't seem to have any grasp of game management.

Why are the Lions the best 1-3 team? Fact is, if they don't stage a hectic last minute rally against the St. Louis Rams, of all teams, they would be 0-4. I don't buy for a second that the Lions are the best 1-3 team.

#20 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:42 AM

Why does which 1-3 team is "best" even matter? Every 1-3 team is entering in bad shape for one reason or another.

#21 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

• HUDDLER
  • 4,534 posts
  • LocationNot Telling... CatofWar might find me.

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

I agree.

I'd like to see the Panthers' identity grow off of what we saw on Sunday; an aggressive, pass-rushing, go-for-the-throat type team. I think that style of agressiveness suits the style of players we have. And it almost got us a suprise W. The one play-it-safe call we made all day cost us the game when we punted on 4th and 1.

If we can shelve the gimmicks and turn up the intensity like that every week, I think that could emerge as a solid identity, and I believe it would win us some ball games.

#22 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,176 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:10 PM

The only hope is that Hurney knows he might be out of a job.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.