Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dpantherman

Perspective on Cam: Numbers compared to last year

56 posts in this topic

All victims of passing in impossible circumstances as well, except maybe Vick, who came out the gate tossing picks in manageable situations.

The majority of Cutler and Romo's picks came in the same fashion as Cam's... When they were already down by a significant margin and/or in ridiculous down/distance circumstances. Cassel has been a victim of this as well because the Chiefs keep finding themselves behind early. Don't really have a reason for Sanchez. And I'm not a fan of any guy on that list in particular aside from maybe Vick...

IIRC, Romo is the all-time leader in regular season passer rating, so, essentially, I'm saying picks happen and in this group, including Cam, it's a result of poor decisions by the coaching staffs they play for.

in the end, no one is going to remember wether or not an interception was the qb's fault.

Cams #`s and our record are nearly identical to where he was this time last year. The only thing he's really slumping in is favorable media coverage. He had a lot more of that last year. Thru 4 games he's got over 1,000 yards which has him on pace for 4,000 again.

Cams #`s and our record are nearly identical to where he was this time last year. The only thing he's really slumping in is favorable media coverage. He had a lot more of that last year. Thru 4 games he's got over 1,000 yards which has him on pace for 4,000 again.

Good point, but I had hoped a year and an entire off season would bring improvement, not the same.

You know this isn't really a good thing, right?

improvement in him or our team? i honestly think he is about the same and our team has gotten worse.

Good point, but I had hoped a year and an entire off season would bring improvement, not the same.

Cam is still holding the ball too long and doesnt see the check down fast enough.

Cam is still holding the ball too long and doesnt see the check down fast enough.

i think that is a product of the type of offense we are running and his desire to make a big play. we arent a possession offense like the falcons, we are a more explosive big play offense that attacks in big chunks. a lot of times i see him holding on to the ball looking for steve smith to get open.

i still think we need one more speed/explosive wr on this team.

i think that is a product of the type of offense we are running and his desire to make a big play. we arent a possession offense like the falcons, we are a more explosive big play offense that attacks in big chunks. a lot of times i see him holding on to the ball looking for steve smith to get open.

i still think we need one more speed/explosive wr on this team.

holding onto the ball too long is holding onto the ball too long. it doesn't matter what kind of offense is being run or how much desire he has to create highlight reel material.

qb are taught they only have 3 second tops to get rid of the ball for a reason.

holding onto the ball too long is holding onto the ball too long. it doesn't matter what kind of offense is being run or how much desire he has to create highlight reel material.

qb are taught they only have 3 second tops to get rid of the ball for a reason.

thats true. but no qb throws 3 secs all the time. sometimes you will have to pull the ball down and pump or wait for a bigger play to develop. the good qbs stand and deliver in the pocket.

improvement in him or our team? i honestly think he is about the same and our team has gotten worse.

both

I blame some of his interceptions on poo play calling and playing from behind. When the team is so terrible that they put cam in a position where he HAS to make big plays on 3rd and longs for us to have any chance at winning, you are basically asking him to make bad throws. His numbers would be a lot better if our coaches weren't so incompetent. it also doesn't help that we only have one receiver capable of getting open against good defenses.

Thats why the majority of his picks come in the 2nd half. He's forcing throws to make things happen. Each week he's playing against the other team and his own defense.