Perspective on Cam: Numbers compared to last year

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#46 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,651 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:17 AM

Yeah everyone knows good QB's never throw any interceptions. Drew Brees and Eli Manning are right there in the running with Cam Newton. Michael Vick has 6 interceptions and his team is 3-1. These QB's sure are terrible.

typical huddle reaction of overacting and exaggerating when someone points out something that doesn't flow with the mindless masses.

i've never said anything about cam newton being a terrible qb. not in this thread or any thread...ever.

i couldn't care less about the amount of interceptions every other qb in the league has thrown. i hope they keep throwing them.

#47 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,484 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:24 AM

You don't have to get all defensive and throw out generalizations when someone disagrees with you.

#48 Panther17

Panther17

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:25 AM

cam newton is tracking to produce more interceptions this season than he did last. period.

That is incorrect. It would be correct if he was tracking to throw the same amount of attempts as last year but he is not. Currently he is tracking to throw the same amount of Int as last year. Period.

#49 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,630 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:39 AM

I know I am treading on thin ice for saying this but I am disappointed in his lack of improvement from last year..not so much with numbers but from a technical perspective. He still has trouble on short routes,throwing off the back of his foot...really basic fundamental stuff.

#50 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,484 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:49 AM

I know I am treading on thin ice for saying this but I am disappointed in his lack of improvement from last year..not so much with numbers but from a technical perspective. He still has trouble on short routes,throwing off the back of his foot...really basic fundamental stuff.

He's only in his second season.

Some seem to expect him to walk on water after last year. What about the rest of this team, where is the improvement there? Coaching has been lackluster in the basics, and it translates to the football field.

#51 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,630 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:06 AM

He's only in his second season.

Some seem to expect him to walk on water after last year. What about the rest of this team, where is the improvement there? Coaching has been lackluster in the basics, and it translates to the football field.

I agree its not just Cam I am disappointed in the development of the team as a whole.My jab was at the coaching staff more so than Cam.I am not part of the "some" that thinks he should walk on water.

#52 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,475 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:09 AM

The defense is a bit improved this year though, no?

Id say the pass rush has improved drastically. Coverage and tackling? Haven't seen it.

#53 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,484 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:23 AM

I agree its not just Cam I am disappointed in the development of the team as a whole.My jab was at the coaching staff more so than Cam.I am not part of the "some" that thinks he should walk on water.

Refer to the 2 minute drill against Atlanta before halftime as an example of the utter incompetence by this staff. Let's now remember that this is year 2 for them. It's a wonder why we have seen little improvement..

#54 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,651 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:19 PM

That is incorrect. It would be correct if he was tracking to throw the same amount of attempts as last year but he is not. Currently he is tracking to throw the same amount of Int as last year. Period.

touche.

...but throwing the same number of interceptions on roughly 90 fewer passes is not an improvement, nor is it equal to his performance last season.

it's worse.

#55 Panther17

Panther17

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:32 PM

touche.

...but throwing the same number of interceptions on roughly 90 fewer passes is not an improvement, nor is it equal to his performance last season.

it's worse.

That's true. It is only a small sample size so far with a bad Cam week thrown in there. He's too inconsistent right now. Still holds on to the ball too long. Accuracy issues with short throws. And gets frustrated.

I feel like this college offense crap is holding him back in learning how to be a better QB. Relying too much on his legs. Eventually he wont have his wheels anymore.

#56 usmcpanthers

usmcpanthers

Professional Lurker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:13 AM

Just becuase Cam has thrown 5 pics in four games doesnt mean he will have 25 at the end of the season, thats asinine thinking. Remmeber last year the pics went down as the year progressed. 3 of the picks in the NY game were due to us being down with their blitzkreig scoring. Hell Romo threw 5 picks against chicago , does that mean he throw 90 over the season...no..quit making stupid comments people.

Im glad Cam is better then every category but yardage and despite that he is on pace for 4k again. Ill take that every year. Of course i want Cam to continue to improve, its hard to improve over what he did last year . The only guys who are better have at least 5 years + in the leauge.

I do agree Cam still holds the ball too long and needs to check down faster.

I see alot of improvement in Cam, I dont see a slump at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com