• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,382 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:10 AM

I checked out Walter footballs mock draft because I'm slowly losing hope for this season(still a little bit) and they have us taking
10. Star Lotulelei DT, Utah
40. TJ McDonald FS, USC
Thia draft would be picture perfect as per our needs right now, fills two of our biggest needs with great dynamic players

#2 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,491 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:16 AM

i seen that as well.would much rather have Tony Jefferson, or Stedman Bailey, DaRick Rodgers in the 2nd. its never to early to talk draft, i do all year.

#3 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,071 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:29 AM

If that was to happen, Id go crazy.
But I don't think McDonald in no way is falling into the 2nd. Too many teams need safety also.

But I do think we should go DT in the 1st and a safety in the 2nd, bc I can see a couple good safety ending up in the 2nd (Jefferson, Lester, Swearinger, Vaccaro)

#4 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,382 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

It's gonna suck ass if were picking in the top 10 3 years in a row

#5 beach

beach

|~~-~-~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,664 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

It's gonna suck ass if were picking in the top 10 3 years in a row

Well the bright side is we'll be going at some great talent at the top of the board

#6 KDawg004

KDawg004

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:44 PM

I'd be pleased with that draft. I really want another CB though. So we can have a solid trio. Especially if one of our starters goes down. I'd also like to trade into the 3rd for one of these players:

Ricky Wagner OT
Desmond Trufant CB
Oday Aboushi OT
Tank Carridine DE
Da'Rick Rogers WR
Stedman Bailey WR
Omoregie Uzzi OG
Joseph Fauria TE (maybe)

#7 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,382 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:35 PM

USC is playing Utah right now if you wanna check out both guys, Star is dominating right now and McDonald just knocked out a tight end

#8 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,941 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:42 AM

I would love Star Lotulelei in the first, I still don't think we'll be drafting high enough to get him though. People are going to read too much into his lack of production during the second half. In some cases though, USC had two lineman committed to him, and a RB back in pass protection to chip him if he got through. He an absolute monster in the trenches, and has Suh like ability with a larger frame. Definitely couldn't go wrong adding him to our defensive front....

#9 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,491 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:54 AM

there where plays were he tossed Holmes like he was a TE trying to block him.USC had to game plan for him when they realized he could not be blocked by 1 guy.

#10 KDawg004

KDawg004

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:56 AM

Star has Ngata type of potential. But, he is still extremely raw and has shown some inconsistentcy. Hankins is further along and looks to be a surer thing to me. That's assuming we're picking high enough.

#11 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,941 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:15 AM

there where plays were he tossed Holmes like he was a TE trying to block him.USC had to game plan for him when they realized he could not be blocked by 1 guy.

Absolutely, whenever he was matched up one on one, he just manhandled the opposing lineman. It wasn't until USC committed two and sometimes three guys to him that their offense really got moving....

#12 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,941 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

Star has Ngata type of potential. But, he is still extremely raw and has shown some inconsistentcy. Hankins is further along and looks to be a surer thing to me. That's assuming we're picking high enough.

I would rather take the star potential guy myself. A sure thing who's going to be a solid player is nice, but this defensive line needs a monster in the trenches. Someone who can occupy multiple blockers and collapse the pocket so Big Money is in a one on one situation almost every play....

#13 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,491 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:49 AM

Hankins is just as nasty but has the versatility to line up everywhere on the DL. plus he plays in the big 10 vs some pretty good OL. and he is younger, i wouldnt mind having either tho.

#14 kdrh5

kdrh5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

Star and Hankins would both be outstanding if we're in position to draft them, but many on this board don't want a defensive tackle unless they're "Suh-level," whatever that means.

Matt Elam is another safety that would be a nice addition if he decided to come out.

#15 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,397 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:15 PM

I checked out Walter footballs mock draft because I'm slowly losing hope for this season(still a little bit) and they have us taking
10. Star Lotulelei DT, Utah
40. TJ McDonald FS, USC
Thia draft would be picture perfect as per our needs right now, fills two of our biggest needs with great dynamic players

Perfect for my taste.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.