• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#61 boostownsme

boostownsme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:20 AM

yeah pretty much the only thing that has staying power from that debate is that the cultist wants to kill big bird

if you'll look around, the republicans on this board aren't even really touting anything he specifically said (because he said things like "i want to hire more teachers"). they're just pretty pumped that he stuck it to the black guy*

*by literally making things up

yes this basically. romney went out there and said things like "we have to have regulation of wall street" and "i'm all in favor of green energy" but he sure did talk over some pbs dickhead and a black communist and he made up a bunch of poo so he's totes my guy am i right fellow republicans?

I don't know if you have been asked before, but if you are white you have quite literally the biggest case of white guilt I have ever seen. Every post that is critical of the " Anointed One" is seen through race tinged glasses. If someone sucks at their job, then call them out on it; EVEN if they are black *gasp* . And since you want to bring up energy policies, maybe we should talk about Obama's All of The Above (Except for North Americas massive coal and oil deposits) Approach. I am so glad Romney brought up the federal vs. private land drilling point, maybe inform some people on Obama's half truths.

#62 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:04 AM

I am honestly undecided... I don't think Obama has done as bad of a job as his critics say, and I don't think he's done as good of a job as his supporters say. He hasn't been anywhere near as liberal as he was portrayed to be prior to the '08 election and he's been way more conservative in regards to military issues (Bin Laden, etc.) than I thought he would be...

Romney has the least douchey that I've seen him during that first debate... and honestly looked more presidential than I thought he could.

I truly wish there was a viable third party candidate to vote for without it being a "wasted" vote... I'm tired of the status quo. I don't think the republican or democratic party have the right answers to the problems we have in this country.

Almost exactly how I feel as well

#63 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,895 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:16 AM

Reworking the tax code i think will be key. The wealthy won't like it and there will be pushback due to the lack of loopholes and the fact they they might actually have to pay the rate in their bracket.

Neither party has done this. They just talk about rates continually, which the rich libs and rich pubs never have to pay due to the loopholes and tax shelters.

#64 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,181 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

Oh look... Cantrell plays the race card, what a surprise... everyone who disagrees with/doesn't vote for Obama is a racist right Cantrell? No other issues there are there? lol

there are other issues? you wouldn't know it by reading this thread or really any post-debate coverage. just a bunch of republicans reveling in the fact that romney flip-flopped again because they really, truthfully, do not give a poo about his platform. why would they not care about his platform? it's almost as if there's some sort of underlying issue at work

#65 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,965 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:52 PM

there are other issues? you wouldn't know it by reading this thread or really any post-debate coverage. just a bunch of republicans reveling in the fact that romney flip-flopped again because they really, truthfully, do not give a poo about his platform. why would they not care about his platform? it's almost as if there's some sort of underlying issue at work

Funny watching all of the liberals squirming to make excuses for and defend Obama's poor performance in the debate. Reminds me a lot of their continued excuses for and defending his poor perfomance at doing his job for the past 4 years.

#66 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,181 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:20 PM

i have absolutely no problem criticizing obama's policy

he shouldn't have cut taxes in a recession. he shouldn't have went to the heritage foundation for advice on healthcare reform. he shouldn't have continued the subsidization of israel's military. he should have closed guantanamo. i could go on, but the point is, you republicans actually like this poo that he should be criticized for and hate the poo out of him anyway because i guess he's just uh...different

#67 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,374 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:26 PM

Are some people that don't like Obama racist? Sure. Are most? No.

You seem to see racism whether It's there or not, no matter the subject being discussed.

#68 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,181 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:26 PM

if you can't articulate why you hate obama and think romney is better then uh it's a safe bet that you're a racist

#69 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,374 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:32 PM

if you can't articulate why you hate obama and think romney is better then uh it's a safe bet that you're a racist

Again, this is the major issue I've always had with you, your propensity for accusing people of doing something you can't prove as if it's the gospel truth... Then you call out others for doing the same thing.

News flash, just because you think it doesn't make it true...

#70 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,181 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

sorry but when the right, which has a long history of perpetuating racist campaigns and policies, just so happens to hate the first black president for no reason based in reality then uh....safe bet that the hate stems from racism

black guy got elected and did a bunch of republican poo and now you guys think he's bringing america to the brink of destruction with his communist fascist kenyan black liberation theology

#71 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,374 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:41 PM

Who is you guys? Only person I've heard saying this is you.

#72 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,181 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:53 PM

the dyed in the wool republicans who think that they can hate obama without providing a list of grievances based in reality and still somehow not be accused of being racist

ie you

#73 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,374 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

the dyed in the wool republicans who think that they can hate obama without providing a list of grievances based in reality and still somehow not be accused of being racist

ie you

Right. I see your reading comprehension is as bad as ever... Carry on with your fantasies then.

#74 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,455 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:08 PM

Most people are not all that rational about the important choices they make in their lives including picking a President.

Look at self destructive behavior in our society, smoking, heavy drinking, over eating and a lack of exercise. People know these things are bad, yet they persist in doing them generation after generation. Why?

Some of it is likely due to how we were raised, along with other regional and cultural biases.

Bottom line is that most people are little better than sheep and will follow the conventional wisdom of their "flock".

The path of least resistance is to just listen to your "flock" leaders, do as you are told, be accepted, cared for and loved.

Few will question or resist the flock's conventional wisdom and run the risk of being rejected and ostracized as a "black" sheep, losing many, if not all the social benefits associated with being part of that flock. (See Penn State, sororities, fraternaties, churches, businesses, mafia, lynch mobs, riots, ect)

Not all people are this way, just most.

#75 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,895 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

Most people are not all that rational about the important choices they make in their lives including picking a President.

Look at self destructive behavior in our society, smoking, heavy drinking, over eating and a lack of exercise. People know these things are bad, yet they persist in doing them generation after generation. Why?

Some of it is likely due to how we were raised, along with other regional and cultural biases.

Bottom line is that most people are little better than sheep and will follow the conventional wisdom of their "flock".

The path of least resistance is to just listen to your "flock" leaders, do as you are told, be accepted, cared for and loved.

Few will question or resist the flock's conventional wisdom and run the risk of being rejected and ostracized as a "black" sheep, losing many, if not all the social benefits associated with being part of that flock. (See Penn State, sororities, fraternaties, churches, businesses, mafia, lynch mobs, riots, ect)

Not all people are this way, just most.

I actually agree with you. I hate to, not because it is you, but because you are correct. I hate that our society cannot articulate any reason that is over an inch deep for the things they do. Generally giving up their opportunities and choices because it is just easier to go with the flow.

By the way, you used the word black in your statement. Cantrell is on the prowl and will not let you get away with your racists thoughts. He knows they are there, thus your use of the word black.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com