2 replies to this topic

#1 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

A lot of people like to tout their perceived intellect and bash one candidate over another, but the truth is they are completely ignorant of any of the issues and pride themselves on remaining so. Well here is your chance to demonstrate some actual intellect. I challenge you to present an actual argument. Not some pre-chewed tv-pundit BS but an actual point of view. Show how this election will effect you, or show what is important in a presidential candidate. Debate if you are worthy because if you arent, believe me, the huddle will laugh. No candidate bashing that is not an argument it just proves that you really dont know anything about the issues.

Rules:
  • Keep it reasonbly short. (noone is going to read 3 pages of a 5 sentence topic)
  • Do not cite websites that are obviously biased and or not credible (wikipedia, fox news etc...)
  • You may refer to a candidates argument but do not bash his character, intellect or anything that is irrelevant
  • Keep on topic, this is about America as a whole and through that what is important to you as a voter

#2 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

I will start off.
As an American who grew up poor, from poor parents who came from poor grandparents my views of the role of government are not that we should recieve handouts. I do however feel that the federal government has a responsibility to the general welfare of the nation (Preamble). I believe that this includes things like health care and education.

I feel that because of my fortitude but most importantly because of my military service I will have no problem providing for the education and health care of my family. However, I remember what it was like growing up in the ghetto going to a dilapidated school in NC where the floor to the cafeteria was caving in while we were eating there in elementary school. My parents gave everything they had to give me the best opportunities they could. My father served 20 years in the military and my mother worked everyday. But we barely had ends meet, and they could not just uproot and get us to a better neighborhood with better schools.

Millions of kids are facing this. My belief is that while some schools will always be better than others (some parents will participate more than others or donate more money), No school in America should be considered bad! This can be achieved by establishing a committee that sets a minimum to the quality of education and the funding to public schools.

#3 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,061 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

Agreed..I went to school in Fayetteville NC and they had issues. Your zipcode should not become your destiny. That is how you sustain economiclly depressed areas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com