Photo
- - - - -

The Panthers now have the longest non-winning record streak in the league!

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#46 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,168 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:04 AM

lol. With this type of stat you would think we would be on the footsteps of greatness due to consistently picking high in the draft and maximizing those picks to add a ton of talent to the roster. Our 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks from those years should be ready to emerge as stars.

2009: (no first round selection), Everette Brown, Sherrod Martin and Corvey Irvin
2010: (no first round selection), Jimmy Clausen, Brandon Lafell and Armanti Edwards
2011: Cam Newton, (no second round selection), Terrell McClain, and Sione Fua

To make things a little worse, here are players of the same position- or a need that were picked after our above mentioned studs:

2009: Connor Barwin (taken 4 picks after Everette Brown)...very good player for the Texans
2009: Sean Smith (taken 2 picks after Sherrod Martin)....solid starter in the dolphins secondary
2009: Henry Melton (taken 12 picks after Corvey Irvin)....solid starter on the Bears d-line

2010: Mike Iupati (taken at our spot in the 1st by San Fran)... solid starter on the 49ers o-line
2010: Jimmy Clausen (given our QB situation, i'm not going to knock this pick)
2010: Jimmy Graham or Navorro Bowman (taken 2 and 4 picks after Armanti)....damn

I won't do 2011 yet, because it is still too early, however the 65th pick in that draft (T. McClain) iss already off the team, and the 98th pick (Brandon Hogan) is on season ending IR and has lost his position to a 5th round rookie and a 5-9" 7th round pick.

(hindsight is 20-20, blah blah blah)

This is all common knowledge yet every time I see it in writing it makes me want to puke. That is PATHETIC drafting for a team that claims to build through the draft. PATHETIC!

#47 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:14 AM

This is all common knowledge yet every time I see it in writing it makes me want to puke. That is PATHETIC drafting for a team that claims to build through the draft. PATHETIC!

you can't trade away picks if you want to build thru the draft.

#48 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,511 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:27 AM

I live and die with this team from September to December. Sometimes (rarely) I get to during January and February as well. I buy my panthers gear, wear it to the sports bar, get into altercations (typically verbal but sometimes more) over them. It ruins my Sunday and Monday when they lose. My wife hates it and asks why I even watch because I always seem pissed off. But that rare moment when they win a game and I'm glowing, she loves it. I wish they out a better product on the field but like the other guy said, at the end of the day it is what it is. I couldn't switch teams if I wanted to. Something panthers related comes on and it gets my undivided attention. Other teams I'm meh about. These shitty times will hopefully make it that much better when (if) we get back to the Super Bowl and win one.

#49 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,425 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:46 AM

I live and die with this team from September to December. Sometimes (rarely) I get to during January and February as well. I buy my panthers gear, wear it to the sports bar, get into altercations (typically verbal but sometimes more) over them. It ruins my Sunday and Monday when they lose. My wife hates it and asks why I even watch because I always seem pissed off. But that rare moment when they win a game and I'm glowing, she loves it. I wish they out a better product on the field but like the other guy said, at the end of the day it is what it is. I couldn't switch teams if I wanted to. Something panthers related comes on and it gets my undivided attention. Other teams I'm meh about. These shitty times will hopefully make it that much better when (if) we get back to the Super Bowl and win one.

This is why I have to stop watching games for a while. Its become so detrimental to my personal life I can't keep doing it. I will never stop being a fan and when game time comes its going to be hard but its for the greater good.

#50 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:49 AM

This is why I have to stop watching games for a while. Its become so detrimental to my personal life I can't keep doing it. I will never stop being a fan and when game time comes its going to be hard but its for the greater good.

i was going to suggest that.

#51 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:52 AM

If Marty doesn't have a contract like he said and he truely loves this team he should resign...

#52 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:55 AM

If Marty doesn't have a contract like he said and he truely loves this team he should resign...

i think he just needs to find someone else to handle personnel decisions.

i'd prefer him hand it over to rivera, tbh.

#53 broseidon

broseidon

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationYour daughters dorm room

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:01 AM

We're not "Winning"?

Is this new news?

#54 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,108 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:32 AM

Yea his cap management is OK

Can't believe anyone is still saying this. Hurney's cap management is horrible. He wastes money retaining players we don't use, that are injury prone, have a history of under performing or are past their prime.

The actual positions of need go without being addressed because there is no money left to spend after he is finished overpaying players on ill advised contracts.

#55 dodgersblowtoldyousobdick

dodgersblowtoldyousobdick

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:37 AM

This has always been a losing franchise. What did you expect?

#56 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,108 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:03 PM

Well since 2008 we've won more games than the rams lol...
Since 2006 as well...

A Panther point of pride no doubt.

It would look good flashing on the BoA large screens during this Sunday's game. I can see it now:

"Your Carolina Panthers... We've won more games than the St Louis Rams since 2006!!!!!!!!!"

That should really fire up all the PSL owners!

JR would be lucky if the fans didn't burn down the stadium after they saw that message.

#57 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,425 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:05 PM

i think he just needs to find someone else to handle personnel decisions.

i'd prefer him hand it over to rivera, tbh.

He picks what the coaches want anyway so what good would that do? If he wants to get this team better he may want to take a look at his scouting department. We obviously overlook talent in areas that we need it in. Thats for FA and the draft. As someone has said we are in a constant rebuild mode because we never get needed depth.

#58 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:19 PM

He picks what the coaches want anyway so what good would that do? If he wants to get this team better he may want to take a look at his scouting department. We obviously overlook talent in areas that we need it in. Thats for FA and the draft. As someone has said we are in a constant rebuild mode because we never get needed depth.

in addressing needs, we aren't active enough in FA/trade, we depend too much on the draft. it's a matter of philosophy on how best to get talent that is most of the issue.

we did right in going out and addressing needs on offense heading into cam's rookie year. we did ok heading into this year.

we haven't done enough on defense, though. i think getting the edwards guys was a positive step, but it didn't go far enough. we should have brought in more DL FA talent to choose from. we absolutely should have gone out and tried to get more help in the secondary. we rely too much on long shot draft picks and FAs. it's not the priority that it should be.

i don't think hurney does rivera any favor by limiting the pool of talent that he has to draw from.

#59 nobody

nobody

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

We will see - right now the front office and coaching staff has the blame for killing the team. If this is still the case at the end of the year there will be some explaining to do. The palyers think the time is now and the fans seem to be ready for this "plan" to pay off. If they dont find a few blowout games to hold up as signs of hope the psl's may have a harder time renewing those tickets. It will be crazy if they they try to raise them again like after that pick six free pass in the playoffs. (i refuse to call it a game as only 1 nfl team showed up to play)

#60 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,671 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:37 PM

Yay life!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.