Photo
- - - - -

The Panthers now have the longest non-winning record streak in the league!

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#61 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

Under the radar all the way to a superbowl victory!

#62 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,696 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

this place is too depressing, i'm going to the browns message board

#63 Lumps

Lumps

Jase is butthurt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,585 posts
  • LocationSouth Charlotte

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:06 PM

thanks JR!

#64 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:08 PM

Yes! Let's see how long we can keep this up.
Losing always make the Draft a whole lot better.

If you're not going to win the Super Bowl, why end up bring in 2nd place? Or 5th, 10th, 15th place?

We want the top 5-10 pick every year.

Who's the real loser now? Not us ;)

#65 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:10 PM

Wow..the irony of someone bringing to light what I stated this morning under the Rams/Cards thread.

I know a lot of you claim I don't care about this team and I only rant because I'm a Cam fan. But guess what, I'm an Eli, Sanchez, Vick and Cutler fan also. I'm a fan who root for those QBs the media expect to carry their team when they know full well what the role of a QB is.

I remembered when Sam was going through his sophmore slump, the media NEVET blame any of the team's losses on him like they do with Cam. They focused all of their attention on the team and coaches and demanding they step up and fix the team to help out Sam. Where is that for Cam. The same folks who scream for the Rams to get their acts together, seem to love hyping the Panthers one minute while mocking their defense about how bad they really are when it suits their talking points.

Sadly, there seems to be two different talking points. One for the more preferred QBs and another for the not so preferred. I kept telling you folks that the media does not want this team to succeed. They will convince many that Cam is the main reason for this team's failure when they know it's a lie. They don't want this team to succeed because it will then mean that Cam will succeed. That is why you fans have to demand more from this team as a whole and not just Cam.

I kept telling you folks that but I was called a Cam "nut hugger." Oh well, I guess I'm a Vick, Sanchez, Eli, and Culter nut hugger also.

#66 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

• HUDDLER
  • 9,466 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:37 PM

this place is too depressing, i'm going to the browns message board

Don't worry, after we put up 30+ on the Seachickens, and CRUSH Dallas, we'll have turned it around. Norman will have at least 3 INTs by then, Beas will be back to normal with a sack a game during that stretch, Cam will get back on pace to beat last year's numbers, our D-Line will only allow 50 yds per game to rushers (Lynch is old and slow), and LaFell will win Player of the Week twice.

#67 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

i think he just needs to find someone else to handle personnel decisions.

i'd prefer him hand it over to rivera, tbh.

...Its going to take some time to see Chicos finger prints on this team but when it happens i think it will be all good....Hurney just cant be allowed to continue in his present capacity...the bad just out weighs the good...

#68 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,944 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:22 PM

Don't worry, after we put up 30+ on the Seachickens, and CRUSH Dallas, we'll have turned it around. Norman will have at least 3 INTs by then, Beas will be back to normal with a sack a game during that stretch, Cam will get back on pace to beat last year's numbers, our D-Line will only allow 50 yds per game to rushers (Lynch is old and slow), and LaFell will win Player of the Week twice.

This seems appropriate...

#69 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 7,159 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

C'mon, one of the most participated-in threads anywhere on this board is next year's draft. Isn't that proof enough that most Carolina Panther fans have accepted this as their less than mediocre football team?

#70 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,235 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:43 PM

in addressing needs, we aren't active enough in FA/trade, we depend too much on the draft. it's a matter of philosophy on how best to get talent that is most of the issue.

we did right in going out and addressing needs on offense heading into cam's rookie year. we did ok heading into this year.

we haven't done enough on defense, though. i think getting the edwards guys was a positive step, but it didn't go far enough. we should have brought in more DL FA talent to choose from. we absolutely should have gone out and tried to get more help in the secondary. we rely too much on long shot draft picks and FAs. it's not the priority that it should be.

i don't think hurney does rivera any favor by limiting the pool of talent that he has to draw from.

As I have said before his biggest downfall has been him ignoring FA. He is a gambler and has gambled and lost. When you lose in the Draft you need to back it up in FA. I really do think our first pick was going to be Barron but the Bucs snatched him us so it left us with BPA. BPA really didnt help our problems though and I think thats why me and alot of other people had a problem with Keek.

#71 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,408 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

As I have said before his biggest downfall has been him ignoring FA. He is a gambler and has gambled and lost. When you lose in the Draft you need to back it up in FA. I really do think our first pick was going to be Barron but the Bucs snatched him us so it left us with BPA. BPA really didnt help our problems though and I think thats why me and alot of other people had a problem with Keek.

It will help when Luke takes over MLB this Sunday....

Part of the reason I and others endorsed it was bc if the high odds Beason wouldn't be ready to play and be good. Beason isn't and now Luke gets his shot. Beason has hurt us

#72 The_Mango55

The_Mango55

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:36 PM

What exactly would me being negative do to help the team?

I'm generally positive because I want to be. I think our future can be bright and we can have a good team. Maybe I am wrong, but my attitude about the team will not affect its performance in any way.

#73 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,235 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:47 PM

It will help when Luke takes over MLB this Sunday....

Part of the reason I and others endorsed it was bc if the high odds Beason wouldn't be ready to play and be good. Beason isn't and now Luke gets his shot. Beason has hurt us

Luke is young but for a top 10 pick he has been underwhelming. Beason has been hampered by a shoulder injury also not the injury you said he never would recover from. The first round pick would have been better spent on a CB or DL and it has shown.

#74 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,713 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:54 AM

Luke is young but for a top 10 pick he has been underwhelming. Beason has been hampered by a shoulder injury also not the injury you said he never would recover from. The first round pick would have been better spent on a CB or DL and it has shown.

Who? Who should we have picked? And this is coming from a guy that wanted Fletcher Cox.

Beason has played like crap so far, and he's still hurt. If we didn't have Luke, we'd be in deep right now.

Kuechly has played very well for a rookie. The problem is, he's never on the field. For some reason, we think it's okay to throw a green rookie out on an island at #2 CB and at LG, but our top pick spends half of the game on the bench.

#75 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,235 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:37 AM

Who? Who should we have picked? And this is coming from a guy that wanted Fletcher Cox.

Beason has played like crap so far, and he's still hurt. If we didn't have Luke, we'd be in deep right now.

Kuechly has played very well for a rookie. The problem is, he's never on the field. For some reason, we think it's okay to throw a green rookie out on an island at #2 CB and at LG, but our top pick spends half of the game on the bench.

Cox,Couples, Kirkpatrick or the CB out of S.Carolina would have been a upgrade. Also there is a reason that Norman is starting and keek is not. I'm not the coaches so I'm not going to speculate but his role has decreased not increased the past 4 weeks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com